Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

Humans and Pets -The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Humans and Pets -The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:29 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Humans and Pets

"Look at that dear. Isn't it sweet that our baby boy is having fun with his 20 foot 300 lb python, dear?"

I cringe and want to scream for retribution...

No! It's a fucking snake! A predator! A killer! And your two year old son is just its type! The only reason the fucking snake hasn't killed your son by now is that you haven't left the snake alone with him long enough for the snake to size him up yet!

Please! Please! Please! Please! Pick your small child up off of the floor of the jungle where the snake is! The child does not know the danger, but you do! Or should!

The moment you set your child/baby/infant on the floor, the drums begin to beat. Every time you set your baby on the floor the drums begin to beat.

As a human and as an adult, I cringe knowing that somewhere in some household an unwary child lives and plays with a full grown natural killer! You have just made the living room the habitat for the snake. Your living room is the zoo, and your child is the food being fed to it. It'll get that food in due time. On its time. It is as if you set a small rabbit inside the snake's cage to feed it!

Exotic pet owners can slowly turn prime real estate into dangerous jungles. Exotic snake owners have turned your back yard that you thought was safe into hunting grounds for their huge exotic snakes that have gotten too big for them, so they set them loose in "our" neighborhoods where "we" live. Their reasoning is that they are giving the deadly snake a chance for survival.

You certainly are. How about giving your neighbor and your neighbor's unsuspecting kids a chance? You transport the snake out of his environment and bring him into ours without warning us. You give the snake the benefit of an ally, an accomplice, the element of surprise, reckless endangerment, second degree murder. Exotic pet owners are nothing but Trojan horses.

The government should be sued for allowing ownership of an exotic snake. Period!

I should have just as much right to know that an idiot owns an exotic snake in my neighborhood as I have a right to know there's a convicted child molester in the neighborhood. Both infractions can lead to child molestation. Either by the pervert, or the snake, therefore the snake owner.

What were they thinking when they picked these pets out? That it wouldn't grow? Did it not think the snake be eating as much as it does? A 300 ft python wants that whole turkey and ham on your counter. A six foot aligator was found in the belly of a Burmese python.

In Florida, Miami for one there's a Burmese python epidemic. Owners set them loose after they get too large, and thousands were released after a particularly bad storm one year and the businesses were destroyed. Tourists are being warned. Some won't get the memo.

Oftentimes when I see a human and a pet, I wish the pet was the owner.

You only have to google for the many incidences where small children have been killed by their exotic pet snake. Kids are being fed to snakes.

Transplanted from another thread...

Some humans taste in pets are strange. And downright insane. Why would anyone want a 20 foot 300 lb python as a pet? Then leave their 2-yr-old son alone to play with it while they busy themselves remodeling? Especially after it had already swallowed their Boston terrier a couple of months prior.

"You couldn't have known," says the news reporter.

Bullshit! It had already swallowed their dog. Do you seriously think the python can and will differentiate between the dog and the baby. They are both food! And the python is not your loyal pet!!! http://www.theonion.com/video/boys-trag ... amil-17024

And the bereaved parents are still talking about the snake as if it were a son. "It's been hard on all of us and the snake. Jaws is like a son to us. He misses Zach very much. You can see it in his eyes."

Bullshit! It's a fucking snake. "You knew I was a snake when you brought me into your home, idiot!"

Sure, the snake misses Zach like I miss that juicy turkey I cooked a couple months back.

And now they are asking people to help by donating to help purchase another, "therapeutic" snake for Zach's sister Ann. Has the entire phucking world gone mad?

In a separate incident, parents kept an 8 ft python as a pet and starved it for a month. Then left it relatively easy access to their 2-yr-old daughter. Unbelievable!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ghter.html

Yes, humans have strange, insane and irresponsible tastes in pets, that really are NOT pets.

Lock up your cats and dogs: Giant 20ft-long Burmese pythons spread across Florida

Creatures are showing up in the Florida Keys and Miami and could make it as far as the Bahamas

They can grow up to 20ft long and weigh 200lbs

Visitors to Florida and the Caribbean are being warned to watch out for giant Burmese Pythons after they began moving into areas popular with tourists.

Reptile experts said the creatures - which can grow to 20ft long and weigh 200lbs - are showing up in the Florida Keys and Miami and could make it as far as the Bahamas.
Burmese Pythons are among the most deadly snakes in the world and kill by asphyxiating their victims - and swallowing dead prey whole.

In October last year, a 16-foot python was found with a 76lb deer in its stomach after it was shot dead.
And in 2005 another Burmese python was discovered split open with a 6ft alligator in its stomach.

Florida’s problem with the reptiles dates back decades and has become so severe that residents have been banned from keeping pythons as pets, although some still do.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... orida.html

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: Humans and Pets -The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:20 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

African Rock Pythons get almost as big and are much more aggressive. And they're loose in Florida too.

Import large predatory reptiles into a state that's already full of large predatory reptiles. What? The gators weren't enough fun for y'all?
Post by munroburton   » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:30 am

munroburton
Admiral

cthia wrote:Bullshit! It had already swallowed their dog. Do you seriously think the python can and will differentiate between the dog and the baby. They are both food! And the python is not your loyal pet!!! http://www.theonion.com/video/boys-trag ... amil-17024

Um. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion

The Onion is an American digital media company and news satire organization that publishes articles on international, national, and local news.

I wouldn't exactly consider the Daily Mail credible either. http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Daily_Mail

Most of the information I can find on various snake-eating-kids incidents appear to include an escape by the snake from its enclosure. Bizarrely, quite a few of the top results are from Canada. One involving a small business pet shop slash home - and in a province where the particular snake breed was illegal anyway. The owner was charged with criminal negligence.

Idiots will be idiots. And unfortunately, it only takes two idiots to make children. With this in mind, all of human history makes a lot more sense.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:24 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

munroburton wrote:Idiots will be idiots. And unfortunately, it only takes two idiots to make children. With this in mind, all of human history makes a lot more sense.

I suppose that if stupid parents allow their pets to eat their offspring, it could be considered a sort of secondary Darwin Award...
------------
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here -- this is the War Room!
Post by Louis R   » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:43 pm

Louis R
Rear Admiral

Unfortunately, in that case the offspring killed were guests at a sleep-over. Not really Darwin territory.

Imaginos1892 wrote:
munroburton wrote:Idiots will be idiots. And unfortunately, it only takes two idiots to make children. With this in mind, all of human history makes a lot more sense.

I suppose that if stupid parents allow their pets to eat their offspring, it could be considered a sort of secondary Darwin Award...
------------
Gentlemen! You can't fight in here -- this is the War Room!

Return to Free-Range Topics...