Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Minor irritations

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Minor irritations
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:36 pm

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

John Prigent wrote:Another of my minor irritations is the way the media keep interviewing 'celebrities' about events that need a true expert's opinion, not that of a know-nothing nonentity who happens to be famous for singing, playing 'music', or getting drunk.

Ok, we're experiencing the harshest winter in several years and currently in the middle of what started out being the worst ice storm on record ( over 1' of ice on top of 16" of snow. So I'm cruising down the road with winter tires on my truck doing 45 and this idiot passes me doing at least 60 with tire chains on.

Ok, I'm from Louisiana, my experience in snow, ice and tire chains is ... limited. But I did ask the salesgirl at the tire store about maximum speed with chains. She told me 20 mph. Some newscaster mentioned busses being limited to 30 mph. doesn't 60 seem excessive?

Who eats the chain as it flies apart under that centrepetal force?
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Re: Minor irritations
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Imaginos1892
Captain of the List

'Activists'. Most of which, when asked: What have you done about your Great And Noble Cause, reply that they are Activist-ing.

Which means to me that they are too fucking lazy or self-absorbed to actually do anything besides yell for the government to force other people to do things that may or may not make the situation better.

'Fat Shaming'. If you're fat, it's a fact. If you're ashamed of being fat, EAT LESS FOOD. Don't whine and demand to be protected from the truth.

And, Oh Hell Yes about the celebrities. Especially sports stars. They know all about complex technological, social, economic and political issues because...?

Return to Free-Range Topics...