Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Dumbest Inventions EVER

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Dumbest Inventions EVER
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:07 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:
Weird Harold wrote:In the spirit of the Holiday:

Turducken.

Had one for a sunday roast 2 or so weeks ago.

Go thee to Google, and enter 'Chthurkey', and be afraid...be very afraid...
Post by Annachie   » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:39 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:
Annachie wrote:[quote="Weird Harold"]In the spirit of the Holiday:

Turducken.

Had one for a sunday roast 2 or so weeks ago.

Go thee to Google, and enter 'Chthurkey', and be afraid...be very afraid...[/quote]
I've wanted to try that for a couple of years now, but am afraid of how the kids will react.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

They will either say 'Cool', or run screaming from the room. Either way, you will learn something.
Post by Daryl   » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:30 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Of my two little granddaughters, one will run screaming from the room, while the other will say "Cool" and try to figure out how to incorporate a snake as well.

Imaginos1892 wrote:They will either say 'Cool', or run screaming from the room. Either way, you will learn something.
Post by MAD-4A   » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:22 pm

MAD-4A
Captain of the List

Turducken.
??? idk
-
Almost only counts in Horseshoes and Nuclear Weapons. I almost got the Hand-Grenade out the window does not count.
Post by Weird Harold   » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:59 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

MAD-4A wrote:

Turducken.
??? idk

Click here: Turducken
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Post by MaxxQ   » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:16 am

MaxxQ
BuNine

Late to the SUV party, but...

My biggest gripe with them is the idiots who think that driving one makes them immune to things like ice and snow. And I blame the damn advertisers for that.

I can't count the number of times I'd been driving home in a 1988 Plymouth Horizon, several inches of snow already on the highway, more coming down in near-whiteout conditions, the plows having been by once...

Some dumbass in an SUV goes flying past me at the normal speed limit (I'm usually 10-20 under, depending on the snow conditions), usually honking his horn at me or flashing his lights. I just plow on ahead, and a couple miles down the road, I see Mr. Invincible SUV facing the wrong direction, usually with a crushed front end where he'd hit the centerline concrete barrier.

Because four-wheel-drive doesn't mean you can drive like an IDIOT and get away with it. FWD still need something to grab onto, and ice or packed snow won't give it to you, unless the snow is still loose.

Thank (insert your favorite deity name here) I moved to South Carolina from Ohio. Now all I have to deal with are people that have never learned to drive in the snow or on ice. At least THEY have an excuse, and frankly, most of them are pretty smart and just stay home, since 1/2 inch of snow is the coming of the apocalypse down here :mrgreen: I've quite literally seen stores cleared out of milk, water, bread, and toilet paper if the weather predicts 1/2 inch of snow.
Post by Tenshinai   » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Because four-wheel-drive doesn't mean you can drive like an IDIOT and get away with it.

Hear hear!

Thank (insert your favorite deity name here) I moved to South Carolina from Ohio. Now all I have to deal with are people that have never learned to drive in the snow or on ice. At least THEY have an excuse, and frankly, most of them are pretty smart and just stay home, since 1/2 inch of snow is the coming of the apocalypse down here :mrgreen: I've quite literally seen stores cleared out of milk, water, bread, and toilet paper if the weather predicts 1/2 inch of snow.

:lol:

They should try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIOFWHdFIxs
25+ inches of snow in a day, and it kept up for 3 days with 52 inches total in general in the area, but localised up to another ~20 inches.
In the video, one of the more amusing events is the guy literally making a tunnel through snow to the window of his house.
Post by MAD-4A   » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:44 pm

MAD-4A
Captain of the List

Tenshinai wrote:They should try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIOFWHdFIxs
25+ inches of snow in a day, and it kept up for 3 days with 52 inches total in general in the area, but localised up to another ~20 inches.
In the video, one of the more amusing events is the guy literally making a tunnel through snow to the window of his house.
That's cause you live in the arctic, we have that here too, we call it Alaska - lol
-
Almost only counts in Horseshoes and Nuclear Weapons. I almost got the Hand-Grenade out the window does not count.
Post by Jonathan_S   » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:48 pm

Jonathan_S
Fleet Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:Thank (insert your favorite deity name here) I moved to South Carolina from Ohio. Now all I have to deal with are people that have never learned to drive in the snow or on ice. At least THEY have an excuse, and frankly, most of them are pretty smart and just stay home, since 1/2 inch of snow is the coming of the apocalypse down here :mrgreen: I've quite literally seen stores cleared out of milk, water, bread, and toilet paper if the weather predicts 1/2 inch of snow.

I don't disagree with any of your points on many SUV drivers (so I snipped that part of your post) - but I would point out in South Carolina's defense (and this applies somewhat less so in Virginia where I am) that not only do they rarely see snow but when they get it its more likely to be nastly heavy snow / icy / slushy winter mix than the kind of snow you get when it's really cold out. I'd much rather drive through 6 inches of relatively lighter powder than a 1/2" of likely to refreeze heavy winter mix. Roads turning into sheets of ice overnight from melt & freeze isn't fun.

Return to Free-Range Topics...