Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Cubbies are in the World Series!!! (So are the Indians!)

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Cubbies are in the World Series!!! (So are the Indians!)
Post by Charybdis   » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:19 am

Charybdis
Captain of the List

The Chicago Cubs have broken through a 71 year drought (1945) to reach the World Series! :lol:

While I am a Tampa Bay Rays fan, The Cubs have our former manager, Joe Maddon at the helm and Ben Zobrist at 2nd Base. :D

It has been said that Moses had advised a departed Jewish Cubbie fan that the Messiah might come before a Cub World Series win BUT now maybe the 108 year drought (1908) will be broken! :?:

Given that the series will be played between two Great Lakes cities, the weather in the area is only going to get COLDER! A full 7 day series would take the games to November 2nd, WOW, a summer game in winter conditions. :o

Edit 1 time to fix year from '945' to '1945' - Don't think they were playing then.
Last edited by Charybdis on Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
-----

What say you, my peers?
Re: Cubbies are in the World Series!!! (So are the Indians!)
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:57 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

Charybdis wrote:The Chicago Cubs have broken through a 71 year drought (945) to reach the World Series! :lol:

While I am a Tampa Bay Rays fan, The Cubs have our former manager, Joe Maddon at the helm and Ben Zobrist at 2nd Base. :D

It has been said that Moses had advised a departed Jewish Cubbie fan that the Messiah might come before a Cub World Series win BUT now maybe the 108 year drought (1908) will be broken! :?:

Given that the series will be played between two Great Lakes cities, the weather in the area is only going to get COLDER! A full 7 day series would take the games to November 2nd, WOW, a summer game in winter conditions. :o

Baseball History? First baseball game to be called on account of snow? My nanan would be so proud. She's probably turning over in her grave that she didn't live long enough to see it.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Re: Cubbies are in the World Series!!! (So are the Indians!)
Post by umbrarchist   » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:10 pm

umbrarchist
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

It must be some kind of Karmic Equilibrium for Chicago. The Cubs win the World Series and Trump becomes President.

Return to Free-Range Topics...