Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Straw Politicians in military fiction

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Straw Politicians in military fiction
Post by MAD-4A   » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:18 pm

MAD-4A
Captain of the List

Tenshinai wrote:Me, i´ve mostly played as Dracs, Lyrans, FRR and probably most of all as Magistracy of Canopus. :mrgreen:

Fedcom? Psh, they´re just total fanwank author fiat! ...

sorry, you lost me here. I did play CC some. I was playing on weekends with a group, and some of them couldn't just play BT, EVERY single week they ALWAYS had to bring in ARTY, or ASF, something like that. I got sick of playing Mech Vs. Bombardment, so I went with CC and brought in my own. They could dish it out, but weren't as nice 2xLT & 12 Arrow IVs started raining down. (15,000BV1) along with Thunder LRM's from 4 3025-Archers restricting his movement. The torque came when my little Swiftwinds came zooming in, in pairs between his legs. We were using 'Stackpole 8-bomb' rules and they were fusion powered SWs. "you can't do that! you'll hit your own mine filed." "I know, and if that doesn't core them I have 14 tubs inbound right there, this turn" 2 8-bombs each hex driven by Death Commandos" :twisted: He didn't like being out-bombarded.
-
Almost only counts in Horseshoes and Nuclear Weapons. I almost got the Hand-Grenade out the window does not count.
Post by Tenshinai   » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:40 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

EVERY single week they ALWAYS had to bring in ARTY, or ASF, something like that.

*lol*

Too obsessed with realism, got it. :D

We were using 'Stackpole 8-bomb' rules and they were fusion powered SWs. "you can't do that! you'll hit your own mine filed." "I know, and if that doesn't core them I have 14 tubs inbound right there, this turn" 2 8-bombs each hex driven by Death Commandos" :twisted: He didn't like being out-bombarded.

:twisted:

Out-munchkining the munchkin, good job. :mrgreen:

sorry, you lost me here.

Ah sorry, we once played some RPG characters for testing(wasn´t intended as a serious game campaign), except they turned out being lots of fun as long as you threw enough insane shit at them to dodge, that led to adopting the timeline changes they caused with their covert ops and then run that as a fullscale strategic game which ended up with almost every inner sphere state reduced in size, but with a bundle of new states capable of surviving, along with a CC that wasn´t automatically fishbait waiting to happen.

So, ever since that, we/I tend to use that background instead for any games, because they allow for so much more fun.

Yuki and Sakura Indrahar(with a very scary granduncle) were Mary Sue-ish to the limit, basically just meant as playtest characters created and played a bit to see how far the RPG system could be exploited, but they turned out hilarious to play, especially since they always always always just barely survived and got away with it(whatever "it" happened to be at the moment).

And they ended up messing with canon characters all over and everywhere(amusingly, more than 3/4s of those encounters came from random rolls, that´s part of why it became so ridiculously funny to keep running the campaign, we even started betting on what unlikely canon character they would randomly stumble on next, lots of fun).

Anyway, i liked what we ended up with around 3040s FAR more than the canon version.
Post by MAD-4A   » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:33 am

MAD-4A
Captain of the List

Tenshinai wrote:*lol*
Too obsessed with realism, got it. :D
No, just obsessed with being able to blast/area-effect. He kept saying "it's some'in ya' might see on the battlefield so get use to it." which I repeated back to him when he started screaming and crying.

Tenshinai wrote:Ah sorry, we once played some RPG characters ... 3040s FAR more than the canon version.
(off-topic) Better to carry over to the BT thread http://forums.davidweber.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7006
-
Almost only counts in Horseshoes and Nuclear Weapons. I almost got the Hand-Grenade out the window does not count.

Return to Free-Range Topics...