Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Fact or fiction?

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Fact or fiction?
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:51 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Daryl wrote:At core, political correctness is basically being polite and not being rude. Don't insult people and be considerate to their feelings.

No.
Political Correctness is constructed on the basis that women/ethnic minorities are inherently inferior to white males and thus need as much help as possible to raise them to something approaching equality.
Of course, it was promptly claimed by those who missed the foundation of sexism and racism it was constructed on and became a multi-billion pound industry.
So sure, Political Correctness can seem to be about being polite and not being rude, but it's based on racism and sexism polished to look nice and shiny.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Re: Fact or fiction?
Post by DDHv   » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:39 am

DDHv
Captain of the List

Michael Everett wrote:
Daryl wrote:At core, political correctness is basically being polite and not being rude. Don't insult people and be considerate to their feelings.

No.
Political Correctness is constructed on the basis that women/ethnic minorities are inherently inferior to white males and thus need as much help as possible to raise them to something approaching equality.
Of course, it was promptly claimed by those who missed the foundation of sexism and racism it was constructed on and became a multi-billion pound industry.
So sure, Political Correctness can seem to be about being polite and not being rude, but it's based on racism and sexism polished to look nice and shiny.

The politically correct can be very rude when you disagree with them, especially when you try to use facts as evidence
:shock:

Try this one on them:

http://constitution.com/proof-mans-use- ... te-change/

There was a science article in Analog a while back which discussed the amount of heat going out to space, with specific figures on the wavelengths at which various atmospheric gasses were blocking this. The conclusion was that if all the "open" wavelengths blockable by CO2 were completely blocked the difference would take good instrumentation to notice it.

Astounding was what I started SF reading with (One of the issues when "Mission of Gravity" was serialized), and the Astounding/Analog science articles were very much worth reading also
:D
Douglas Hvistendahl
Retired technical nerd

Dumb mistakes are very irritating.
Smart mistakes go on forever
Unless you test your assumptions!

Return to Free-Range Topics...