Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests

Anybody else using their Apple eBooks Settlement (and how?)

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Anybody else using their Apple eBooks Settlement (and how?)
Post by Charybdis   » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:27 am

Charybdis
Captain of the List

Just got the message that I have $$ in my Amazon account from this antitrust settlement against Apple. :D

As an Apple shareholder, this should make me sad but I'll get over it. :lol:

Now my decision is what to buy in the way of eBooks (Kindle) :P

My first choices were oldies but goodies. Since I generally pre-order anything from MWW that is not Baen and I always get the monthly bundles from Baen, I have been digging for fondly remembered dead-tree equivalents.

Happy to discover that Janet Kagan, who was taken from us far too young, has both "Mirabile" and "Hellspark" in Kindle plus a collection of her shorts as "The Collected Kagan" - SOLD! :idea:

Next is Diane Duane and her greatly under-appreciated Star Trek novels. "Spock's World" by itself is a supremely great novel that is, unfortunately, non-canonical! Fleshing out the Vulcans amidst a political crisis against the Federation is a GREAT READ! (I think that fellow forum rat CTHIA thinks the same! ;) )

Also got her other ST novels of "Wounded Sky" & "Doctor's Orders", not as great but still excellent. Glad to see she is still writing, her YA "Young Wizards" series is excellent for that age range. I enjoyed the 1st four of that series, even as an adult.

Still have some money left but there are printed books that are not yet on digital. I loved the 1st five of Raymond E Feist's "Riftwar" saga, but they are still unavailable except as inferior graphic-novel adaptations. The why is a mystery but such is life! :?

So any suggestions for my hot money still unspent? :mrgreen:
-----

What say you, my peers?

Return to Free-Range Topics...