Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 16 guests

ISIS

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: ISIS
Post by The E   » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:02 pm

The E
Admiral

Only a complete moron would come up with that bullshit. Only utter idiots with no concept of how humans work would try to implement it (so, basically, expect this to happen soon, given Trump).

It should be easy to see why this wouldn't help matters: To the assassin, what the infidels do with his body after death doesn't matter. For the other fanatics this is something they expect us to do. For moderates, this is a clear sign that what the first two groups were saying was true all along: the West truly doesn't respect them, and will sink to petty insults in addition to indiscriminate bombings.

We cannot make terrorism go away by being assholes. It's a very simple thing that reactionaries of all stripes have difficulty grasping.
Post by DDHv   » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:20 pm

DDHv
Captain of the List

The E wrote:Only a complete moron would come up with that bullshit. Only utter idiots with no concept of how humans work would try to implement it (so, basically, expect this to happen soon, given Trump).

It should be easy to see why this wouldn't help matters: To the assassin, what the infidels do with his body after death doesn't matter. For the other fanatics this is something they expect us to do. For moderates, this is a clear sign that what the first two groups were saying was true all along: the West truly doesn't respect them, and will sink to petty insults in addition to indiscriminate bombings.

We cannot make terrorism go away by being assholes. It's a very simple thing that reactionaries of all stripes have difficulty grasping.

This quote assumes that defilement by pork of even a jihadist's dead body preventing paradise is not part of Islam. I'm not qualified to know either way on this one. Is anyone able to state correctly on this?

Such actions could certainly make things worse. E is making a good point on that! It is possible that they would change things to an all out open war. At present, a number of Muslims are re-evaluating what they have been taught because of the violence. Some are becoming atheists. Some are becoming Christians. Some are looking desperately for an alternative they can accept.

Jesus said that if you wanted to know about a teaching, you should look at the fruit of it, not the words, and applied this particularly to those claiming to trust Him.

There are, however, some Islamists who are glorying in the violence, terror, and power - excused by jihad
:twisted:
Douglas Hvistendahl
Retired technical nerd

Dumb mistakes are very irritating.
Smart mistakes go on forever
Unless you test your assumptions!
Post by Annachie   » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:41 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

DDHv, you really should study some history.
Hint, substitute 'Crusade' for 'Jihad', and don't limit yourself to islamists.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:00 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Pray tell, Annachie, how many living Christians are glorying in violence, terror and power in the name of a Crusade?

Stop excusing that vile behavior.

Annachie wrote:DDHv, you really should study some history.
Hint, substitute 'Crusade' for 'Jihad', and don't limit yourself to islamists.

Post by Daryl   » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:05 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Nothing can excuse the behaviour of ISIS. As has happened many times, psychopaths and generaly nasty people seek out ideologies to justify doing what they want to do anyway.
Happened many times with christianity, with the Kymer Rouge, NAZIs, and others.
Coming from someone who tends to the left this may surprise, but I wonder if this isn't an opportunity. These shits have traveled from around the world to participate knowing what was happening. Self selected for the good of the species? When I was growing up and we were rearing cattle by the hundreds, any rogues were culled for the pot. Not saying we hould eat them, but perhaps not let them escape home after they have been defeated.
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:38 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Couldn't agree more. A nasty part of me would like to help them find eternal peace.

Daryl wrote:Nothing can excuse the behaviour of ISIS. As has happened many times, psychopaths and generaly nasty people seek out ideologies to justify doing what they want to do anyway.
Happened many times with christianity, with the Kymer Rouge, NAZIs, and others.
Coming from someone who tends to the left this may surprise, but I wonder if this isn't an opportunity. These shits have traveled from around the world to participate knowing what was happening. Self selected for the good of the species? When I was growing up and we were rearing cattle by the hundreds, any rogues were culled for the pot. Not saying we hould eat them, but perhaps not let them escape home after they have been defeated.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:10 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

PeterZ, thousands.

This day.

Thousands.

Christians attacking Muslims and trying to destroy their culture.

Hundreds of thousands of Muslims.

Being attacked, killed, driven.

By Christians.

Modern Christian Crusaders.

don't ever try and tell people that Christian shit don't stink, because it does.

All shit stinks.

Fundamentalism of any kind is bad.

Christian, Muslim, or Green Bay Packer supporter.

It doesn't matter.

It's all bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:41 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Cite please. Given the US media's anti-Christian bias we would hear about them all. Every day.

I hear nothing and read nothing. No Crusade being preached in my church nor any other churches I have friends in.

You are excusing vile behavior by asserting phantom examples.

Btw, fundamental athiests also suck. Sharia calls for killing them.

Let me add something for comparison. I'll even add a link for my citation.

Since 09/11/2001
During this time period, there were 31465 Islamic attacks , in which 199,831 people were killed and 279,518 injured.

GWB
2001 post 9/11-2008
During this time period, there were 12,760 Islamic attacks , in which 70,971 people were killed and 107,718 injured.

Obama
2009-2016
During this time period, there were 18,705 Islamic attacks , in which 128,860 people were killed and 171,800 injured.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/in-the-name-of-allah.aspx

Annachie wrote:PeterZ, thousands.

This day.

Thousands.

Christians attacking Muslims and trying to destroy their culture.

Hundreds of thousands of Muslims.

Being attacked, killed, driven.

By Christians.

Modern Christian Crusaders.

don't ever try and tell people that Christian shit don't stink, because it does.

All shit stinks.

Christian, Muslim, or Green Bay Packer supporter.

It doesn't matter.

It's all bad.

Post by Tenshinai   » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:17 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Cite please. Given the US media's anti-Christian bias we would hear about them all. Every day.

"US media's anti-Christian bias"?

Are you for real?
Post by DDHv   » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:39 pm

DDHv
Captain of the List

Tenshinai wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Cite please. Given the US media's anti-Christian bias we would hear about them all. Every day.

"US media's anti-Christian bias"?

Are you for real?

First, there are Christians, and there are people who say they are, but aren't. Many don't report this, possibly they don't know how to tell the difference.

FWIR, some in the media state there is bias. How often do you read stories about the Christian groups who are working about addictions, (Teen Challenge, over 80% of those who complete their programs have not used drugs in the subsequent five years), human trafficking, education, medical, (around the world, about two thirds of the hospitals are run by Catholics. Some are run by the rest of us also), or other useful things. These things are only by-products, of course.

The media tends to go for the sensational, the unusual, and what fits their prejudices. Too often they ignore facts
:(

Darryl wrote: psychopaths and generaly nasty people

Add greedy people to that list.
:twisted:

FWIR, one of the basics of Islamic belief is that they will control the world, and jihad includes not only financial and legal means, but also lies and force.

Some of all of these were in the Crusades also. Note that the Battle of Tours did not occur in Islamic areas, and the sieges of Vienna in 1529 and 1683 also did not. To be blunt, there are many rulers who like to extend their area of control, and enjoy excuses to do so. ISIS provides such excuses
:cry:

All shit stinks.

Partly agreed. Jesus stated that you would know them (disciples) by their works - God can see hearts, we can only see what people do. He also stated that Satan is a liar, and the thief only seeks to steal, kill, and destroy.

Fundamentalism that seeks to avoid lies, stealing, killing, and destroying isn't bad, just rare and valuable
:shock:
Douglas Hvistendahl
Retired technical nerd

Dumb mistakes are very irritating.
Smart mistakes go on forever
Unless you test your assumptions!

Return to Free-Range Topics...