Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

My rant/fantasy regarding the A-10(A&B) Warthog.

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: My rant/fantasy regarding the A-10(A&B) Warthog.
Post by MAD-4A   » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:08 am

MAD-4A
Captain of the List

Posts: 648
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:48 pm
Location: Texas

DDHvi wrote:
... The budget defers the A-10's final retirement until 2022.
Great, they shouldn't be retired at all, without a properly designed replacement available.
Top
Re: My rant/fantasy regarding the A-10(A&B) Warthog.
Post by Tenshinai   » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:49 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2859
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Sweden

MAD-4A wrote:Great, they shouldn't be retired at all, without a properly designed replacement available.


Oh they have a "replacement" alright...
Don´t you know the F-35 can do ANYTHING with the outmost perfection?
:twisted:
Top
Re: My rant/fantasy regarding the A-10(A&B) Warthog.
Post by Annachie   » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:27 am

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1564
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

http://www.brickmania.com/a-10-warthog/

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: My rant/fantasy regarding the A-10(A&B) Warthog.
Post by Tenshinai   » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:51 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2859
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Sweden

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild ... _II#Future
On 2 February 2016, it was reported that the Air Force had deferred the final retirement of the aircraft until 2022 after being replaced by F-35s on a squadron-by-squadron basis.

See? I told you they were going to replace them with F-35s. :lol:
Top
Re: My rant/fantasy regarding the A-10(A&B) Warthog.
Post by Annachie   » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:19 pm

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1564
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

They're going to replace everything they can with F-35's.
Or drones.

They'll start on tanks soon.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: My rant/fantasy regarding the A-10(A&B) Warthog.
Post by Weird Harold   » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 3568
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:25 pm
Location: "Lost Wages", NV

Tenshinai wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild_Republic_A-10_Thunderbolt_II#Future
On 2 February 2016, it was reported that the Air Force had deferred the final retirement of the aircraft until 2022 after being replaced by F-35s on a squadron-by-squadron basis.

See? I told you they were going to replace them with F-35s. :lol:


That wiki is out-of-date. There has been a lot of waffling and double-talk since that Feb 2016 report. The latest I've heard is that the Depot Maintenance lines for the A-10 have been restarted; implying that the scheduled replacement has slipped enough to run a significant portion of the fleet past routine depot-level maintenance.
.
.
.
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Top
Re: My rant/fantasy regarding the A-10(A&B) Warthog.
Post by Tenshinai   » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:12 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2859
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Sweden

Weird Harold wrote:
Tenshinai wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairchild_Republic_A-10_Thunderbolt_II#Future
On 2 February 2016, it was reported that the Air Force had deferred the final retirement of the aircraft until 2022 after being replaced by F-35s on a squadron-by-squadron basis.

See? I told you they were going to replace them with F-35s. :lol:


That wiki is out-of-date. There has been a lot of waffling and double-talk since that Feb 2016 report. The latest I've heard is that the Depot Maintenance lines for the A-10 have been restarted; implying that the scheduled replacement has slipped enough to run a significant portion of the fleet past routine depot-level maintenance.


Uh, yes if you looked at the wiki page, that is referred in the next sentence after what i quoted, so no it´s not out of date, you didn´t look.

"In October 2016, the Air Force Material Command brought the depot maintenance line back to full capacity in preparation for re-winging the fleet."

It´s not like i´m going to copy paste the whole section when it´s so BIG.
Top
Re: My rant/fantasy regarding the A-10(A&B) Warthog.
Post by Tenshinai   » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:14 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2859
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Sweden

Annachie wrote:They're going to replace everything they can with F-35's.
Or drones.

They'll start on tanks soon.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk


Well, that would be a simple way of making USA militarily toothless while stile costing an arm and a leg... :mrgreen:
Top
Re: My rant/fantasy regarding the A-10(A&B) Warthog.
Post by robert132   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:43 pm

robert132
Captain of the List

Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Weird Harold wrote:
Tenshinai wrote:
That wiki is out-of-date. There has been a lot of waffling and double-talk since that Feb 2016 report. The latest I've heard is that the Depot Maintenance lines for the A-10 have been restarted; implying that the scheduled replacement has slipped enough to run a significant portion of the fleet past routine depot-level maintenance.


Uh, yes if you looked at the wiki page, that is referred in the next sentence after what i quoted, so no it´s not out of date, you didn´t look.

"In October 2016, the Air Force Material Command brought the depot maintenance line back to full capacity in preparation for re-winging the fleet."

It´s not like i´m going to copy paste the whole section when it´s so BIG.

Whatever. So long as they keep the bloody thing in inventory and in service.

Speaking as a sailor ... too bad it doesn't have a tailhook. (That's the best complement I can come up with.)
****

Just my opinion of course and probably not worth the paper it's not written on.
Top
Re: My rant/fantasy regarding the A-10(A&B) Warthog.
Post by Tenshinai   » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:42 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2859
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Sweden

robert132 wrote:Whatever. So long as they keep the bloody thing in inventory and in service.

Speaking as a sailor ... too bad it doesn't have a tailhook. (That's the best complement I can come up with.)


With the way they´re built, a tailhook would be an easy addition.

I´m not sure how serious it was but i read about the USN ( or was it marines?? ) trying to get some A-10s for itself, but apparently the army didn´t want to share their toys and blocked the attempted buy politically(they didn´t want the 2-seat allweather variant to go into production).
Top

Return to Free-Range Topics...