Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests

Kavi 27th century setting rexmix idea

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Kavi 27th century setting rexmix idea
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:26 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

lwhitehead, please tell me that I haven't scared you off.

The only reason that I was able use your concepts to come up with what I did was that I have experience with writing stories, both original and fanfic, plus I paid attention to the reviews that were posted.

Seriously, you've been silent for ages (comparitively speaking).
What happened?

Of course, if anyone else wants a space story that I wrote (for comparison purposes, obviously), then Technoss Unchained was my first attempt at space opera (although the first chapter is iffy since it's a prequel I folded into the mainline story. I'd recommend starting from the proper prologue.
I also included my Technoss Datafiles which are a cleaned up version of about half the universe-building I did before writing the actual story. The rest was unfortunately either untranscribable, (badly drawn) pencil sketches or, given how much time has passed since I actually wrote said story, lost or incomprehensible (too many acronyms I can no longer decode).
Please be merciful if you review, I wrote it a long time ago.
It's not quite an Old Shame(TVTropes warning) but I hope that I've improved since.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Thucydides   » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:18 pm

Thucydides
Captain of the List

One might hope that our friend has gone back to the drawing board and is doing extensive rewrites and rethinking of his concepts.

Sadly, if history is a guide, I suspect that some months from now he will spring another idea on the board which is equally chaotic and disconnected, and that has no reference to any of the hints that you so graciously provided.

If it makes you feel any better, I am looking over my collection of ideas and applying your principles to them to see if they could be developed into "real" stories. This is going to take some time, and I am not sure if they will be salvageable, but as a thought exercise it is certainly worth expending some mental muscle power.
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Thucydides wrote:If it makes you feel any better, I am looking over my collection of ideas and applying your principles to them to see if they could be developed into "real" stories. This is going to take some time, and I am not sure if they will be salvageable, but as a thought exercise it is certainly worth expending some mental muscle power.

Then I look forwards to reading your work.

If all else fails, why not do your ideas as one-shots to see if anyone else picks them up? I've done it for Harry Potter and Naruto with someone taking one of my one-shots and expanding it.

It's always interesting seeing what others can come up with...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Lord Skimper   » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:49 am

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

I wonder if this is a continuation of the Kids book and Movie, The Cat from outer space?

Mind you telepathic cat from another Planet seems to remind me of something else as well.
Post by TN4994   » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:34 pm

TN4994
Captain of the List

Lord Skimper wrote:I wonder if this is a continuation of the Kids book and Movie, The Cat from outer space?

Mind you telepathic cat from another Planet seems to remind me of something else as well.

Perhaps The Wanderer by Fritz Leiber (1964)?

Return to Free-Range Topics...