Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Non-Honorverse one-liners

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by Hutch   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:06 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Huntsville, Alabama y'all

Tu’Pari: Are you ambassador G’Kar?
G’Kar: This is Ambassador G’Kar’s quarters. This is Ambassador G’Kar’s table. This is Ambassador G’Kar’s dinner. What part of this progression escapes you?


Almost anything G'Kar said was quotable, IMHO

Another one from G'Kar of Babylon 5, which was my signature at a couple of other Forums:

By G’Quan, I can’t recall the last time I was in a fight like that. No moral ambiguity, no… hopeless battle against ancient and overwhelming forces. They were the bad guys, as you say, we were the good guys. And they made a very satisfying thump when they hit the floor’


And of course, Serenity (The movie--the Series Firefly is worthy of it's own post.

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think. Don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.
--River Tam

And River's best line was maybe her shortest:

My turn


Jayne Cobb summing up the meaning of life:

Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight. Or if he bothers me. Or if there's a woman. Or if I'm gettin' paid. Mostly only when I'm gettin' paid.


Mal, she is starting to damage my calm!


And of course, Captain Mal

This is the captain. We have a little problem with our entry sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.


The way I remember it, the albatross was a ship's good luck, 'til some idiot killed it. [to Inara] Yes, I've read a poem. Try not to faint.


So no more running. I aim to misbehave.


What was that?
-Mals' first and last words of the movie.

And of course, The Operative:

Key members of Parliment. Key. The minds behind every diplomatic, military and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic


I could spend all day quoting that film.
***********************************************
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by Invictus   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Invictus
Commander

Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:00 am
Location: Perth, WA

Hutch wrote:
Key members of Parliment. Key. The minds behind every diplomatic, military and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic


I could spend all day quoting that film.


The way the actor delivered that line was brilliant all by itself!

"When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by MaxxQ   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:27 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:08 pm
Location: Greer, South Carolina USA

I'm not the world's most masculine man
But I know what I am, and I'm glad I'm a man
And so is Lola

The Kinks - Lola

Absolutely wonderful use of the english language.

Do one-liners that have become internet memes count?

"One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Boromir - LotR-TFotR
=================

DeviantArt: http://maxxqbunine.deviantart.com/
Mk28 Condor pinnace: http://youtu.be/fy8e-3lrKGE
HMS Fearless: http://youtu.be/uEiGEeq8SiI
Mk13 load sequence: http://youtu.be/i99Ufp_wAnQ
Mk16 attack sequence: http://youtu.be/byq68MjOlJU
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by John Prigent   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:42 pm

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Posts: 592
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:05 am
Location: Sussex, England

The Goon Show:

'Sir! Sir! The men are revolting!'

'Gad yes, aren't they.'
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by Hutch   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:09 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:40 am
Location: Huntsville, Alabama y'all

Well, if we're quoting from TV shows.....It's...

No One expects the Spanish Inquisition!!


and maybe the best rant of all times...(IMHO):

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!
***********************************************
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by MaxxQ   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:16 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:08 pm
Location: Greer, South Carolina USA

John Prigent wrote:The Goon Show:

'Sir! Sir! The men are revolting!'

'Gad yes, aren't they.'


Reminiscent of Mel Brooks' History of the World: Pt. 1:

Court aide: Sire! The peasants are revolting!
King Louis (played by Mel Brooks): You said it. They stink on ice.

The following are other bits from HotW:Pt1:

Empress Nympho (Madeline Kahn) to her litter carriers (NSFW): Will you please walk on the same foot at the same time? My *tits* are falling off!!!

Empress Nympho: Do I have any openings this man might fit?
Crowd: Ooooohhhh!
Aide: We have need of a wine steward.
Josephus (Gregory Hines): I've got a great corkscrew.
Crowd: Whoooooaaaaahhhh!!!
Josephus: This is a hip crowd.

Backup singers: Hey Torquemada... whaddya say?
Torquemada (Mel Brooks): I say I just got back from the Auto-Da-Fey.
Backup: Auto-Da-Fey? What's the Auto-Da-Fey?
Torque: It's what you oughtn't to do, but you do anyway.

Distinguished looking man in a smoking toga with a pipe (Hugh Hefner in a cameo) to a group of pretty Roman ladies: It's a new concept. I call it The Centerfold.
Girls: (giggles)

King Louis playing chess using human pieces on a giant chessboard: Knight jumps Queen!
King Louis: Bishop jumps Queen!
King Louis: Pawn jumps Queen!
King Louis: Everybody jumps the Queen!

(Later) King Louis: It's good to be the King.
=================

DeviantArt: http://maxxqbunine.deviantart.com/
Mk28 Condor pinnace: http://youtu.be/fy8e-3lrKGE
HMS Fearless: http://youtu.be/uEiGEeq8SiI
Mk13 load sequence: http://youtu.be/i99Ufp_wAnQ
Mk16 attack sequence: http://youtu.be/byq68MjOlJU
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by Imaginos1892   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:39 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1263
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

MaxxQ wrote:King Louis playing chess using human pieces on a giant chessboard: Knight jumps Queen!
King Louis: Bishop jumps Queen!
King Louis: Pawn jumps Queen!
King Louis: Everybody jumps the Queen!

(Later) King Louis: It's good to be the King.

You left out the last line!

King Louis: Everybody jumps the Queen!
King Louis: GANG-BANG!!

Count DeMonet: "Your tip." (drops a franc in the bucket)
The Piss-Boy: "I'll get it later."

The Piss-Boy, dressed up as the King: "I'm not the King!"
Crowd: "BULLSHIT!!"
--------------------
I know a dead parrot when I see it and I'm looking at one right now.
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:17 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 11274
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

I can't believe it. I just can't believe it. He got her.

woman in crowd (superman had just caught, the plummeting to her death, Lois Lane. Superman: The Movie

I hope this particular incident didn't put you off flying Miss. Statistically speaking it's still the safest way of flying.

Christopher Reeves to Margot Kidder, same movie.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by cthia   » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:20 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 11274
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

MaxxQ wrote:
John Prigent wrote:The Goon Show:

'Sir! Sir! The men are revolting!'

'Gad yes, aren't they.'


Reminiscent of Mel Brooks' History of the World: Pt. 1:

Court aide: Sire! The peasants are revolting!
King Louis (played by Mel Brooks): You said it. They stink on ice.

The following are other bits from HotW:Pt1:

Empress Nympho (Madeline Kahn) to her litter carriers (NSFW): Will you please walk on the same foot at the same time? My *tits* are falling off!!!

Empress Nympho: Do I have any openings this man might fit?
Crowd: Ooooohhhh!
Aide: We have need of a wine steward.
Josephus (Gregory Hines): I've got a great corkscrew.
Crowd: Whoooooaaaaahhhh!!!
Josephus: This is a hip crowd.

Backup singers: Hey Torquemada... whaddya say?
Torquemada (Mel Brooks): I say I just got back from the Auto-Da-Fey.
Backup: Auto-Da-Fey? What's the Auto-Da-Fey?
Torque: It's what you oughtn't to do, but you do anyway.

Distinguished looking man in a smoking toga with a pipe (Hugh Hefner in a cameo) to a group of pretty Roman ladies: It's a new concept. I call it The Centerfold.
Girls: (giggles)

King Louis playing chess using human pieces on a giant chessboard: Knight jumps Queen!
King Louis: Bishop jumps Queen!
King Louis: Pawn jumps Queen!
King Louis: Everybody jumps the Queen!

(Later) King Louis: It's good to be the King.


Make...it...stop! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by Tenshinai   » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:14 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2893
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Sweden

MaxxQ wrote:"Did IQ's just drop sharply while I was away?"
Ripley - Aliens

Hudson - "Hey Vasquez... have you ever been mistaken for a man?"

Vasquez - "No. Have you?"
Hudson and Vasquez - Aliens

"Get away from her, you BITCH!!!"
Ripley - Aliens

"Game over, man! Game over!"
Hudson - Aliens

"They mostly come out at night. Mostly"
Newt - Aliens

"Not bad, for a human."
Bishop - Aliens

"I say we nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
Ripley and Hicks - Aliens

"I like to be ready for close encounters."
Hicks - Aliens

"Let's ROCK!!!"
Vasquez - Aliens

"Guess she don't like the cornbread either."
Frost - Aliens

"Aye-firmative.
Newt - Aliens

"Hudson, sir. He's Hicks."
Hudson to Gorman - Aliens

"Great! Why don't we put *her* in charge?"
Hudson - Aliens

"And you, you little shit. You're staying here."
Ripley to Jones (the cat) - Aliens

Pretty much the entire movie is nothing but great one-liners.


"Express elevator to hell, going DOWN!" (Hudson?) :twisted:
Top

Return to Free-Range Topics...