Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Non-Honorverse one-liners

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by Imaginos1892   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:09 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1263
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

You call that a knife? THIS is a knife. - Crocodile Dundee

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! - Monty Python

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun. - Army Of Darkness

Heavy Metal:

Den: "And if I refuse?"
Ard: "You die, the girl dies, EVERYBODY dies."
Den: (narration) Sounded reasonable to me.

Relax, Charlie; I've got an ANgle.

Oh give me a BREAK!!! Sternn is nothin' but a low-down, lyin', cheatin', double-dealin', back-stabbin', larcenous perverted WORM!! Shootin's too good for 'im! Hangin's too good for 'im! He should be torn into little bitty pieces and BURIED ALIVE!!

Robot: "What about me? Now I've got to put this asshole back together!"

The two pilots: "NOSE-DIVE!!!"

Warehouse 13:

Don't open that!! It's the original can of worms!

Chicken Run:

It's all in yer 'ead, Mr. Tweedy. All in yer 'ead!

Them chickens are up to summat. They're organized, I tell ya.

Mrs. Tweedy! The chickens are revolting!

From "The Warrior's Apprentice", Lois Bujold:

...but then, an obviously nervous person with a lethal weapon has a brand of menace all their own...

"Creatures Of Light And Darkness", Roger Zelazny:

Postulating infinity, all else follows as a matter of course.

"Dilvish, The Damned":

I'm afraid it has become a matter of future self-defense.

Babylon 5:

Zathras used to being beast of burden for other people's needs.
Very sad life. Probably have very sad death.
But, at least there is symmetry.

Zathras understand.
---
No. Zathras not understand. But, Zathras DO.
Zathras good at doings. Not so good at understandings.

Can not run out of time. Time is infinite.
You are finite. Zathras is finite. This...is wrong tool.
No, no, no. Very bad. Never use this.

Marcus: "My instructors at the Ranger Academy said I had a lot of repressed anger."
[He and Lennier look around at an entire bar full of lowlifes he has just beaten senseless]
Lennier: "And?"
Marcus: "It's not repressed any more."

John Sheridan: "You can't kill the truth!"
(pause)
"Well, you can, but it always comes back to haunt you."

Dukhat: "When someone does a foolish thing, you should say it is a foolish thing. They may still continue to do it, but at least the truth is where it needs to be."

Delenn: "There are beings in the universe billions of years older than either of our races. Once, long ago, they walked among the stars like giants, vast and timeless. They taught the younger races, explored beyond the Rim, created great empires. But to all things, there is an end. Slowly, over a million years, the First Ones went away. Some passed beyond the stars, never to return. Some simply disappeared."

Delenn: "The Ancients understood, that in war, it is always the young and the powerless who are sent off to fight, sent by leaders and warriors and generals who are not themselves engaged in the battle, who do not bleed on the front lines, who do not die alone in the cold and friendless night."

Delenn: "They look to us to guide their hands. But prayers are fleeting, and wars forgotten. What is built, endures."

The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen:

"Pack for an English summer."
(Next scene: London, downpour)

Casablanca:

Major Strasser has been shot! Round up the usual suspects!

I am shocked - shocked! - to find that gambling is going on in this establishment!

Victor/Victoria:

This? The last time I saw a specimen like this, they had to shoot the horse.

Doctor Strangelove:

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here - this is the War Room!

English history:

"Mr. Churchill, you're drunk!"
"Madam, you are ugly. Tomorrow, I will be sober."

"Mr. Churchill, if you were my husband I'd poison your tea."
"Madam, if I were your husband I would drink it!"
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:58 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 11274
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Imaginos1892 wrote:You call that a knife? THIS is a knife. - Crocodile Dundee

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! - Monty Python

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun. - Army Of Darkness

Heavy Metal:

Den: "And if I refuse?"
Ard: "You die, the girl dies, EVERYBODY dies."
Den: (narration) Sounded reasonable to me.

Relax, Charlie; I've got an ANgle.

Oh give me a BREAK!!! Sternn is nothin' but a low-down, lyin', cheatin', double-dealin', back-stabbin', larcenous perverted WORM!! Shootin's too good for 'im! Hangin's too good for 'im! He should be torn into little bitty pieces and BURIED ALIVE!!

Robot: "What about me? Now I've got to put this asshole back together!"

The two pilots: "NOSE-DIVE!!!"

Warehouse 13:

Don't open that!! It's the original can of worms!

Chicken Run:

It's all in yer 'ead, Mr. Tweedy. All in yer 'ead!

Them chickens are up to summat. They're organized, I tell ya.

Mrs. Tweedy! The chickens are revolting!

From "The Warrior's Apprentice", Lois Bujold:

...but then, an obviously nervous person with a lethal weapon has a brand of menace all their own...

"Creatures Of Light And Darkness", Roger Zelazny:

Postulating infinity, all else follows as a matter of course.

"Dilvish, The Damned":

I'm afraid it has become a matter of future self-defense.

Babylon 5:

Zathras used to being beast of burden for other people's needs.
Very sad life. Probably have very sad death.
But, at least there is symmetry.

Zathras understand.
---
No. Zathras not understand. But, Zathras DO.
Zathras good at doings. Not so good at understandings.

Can not run out of time. Time is infinite.
You are finite. Zathras is finite. This...is wrong tool.
No, no, no. Very bad. Never use this.

Marcus: "My instructors at the Ranger Academy said I had a lot of repressed anger."
[He and Lennier look around at an entire bar full of lowlifes he has just beaten senseless]
Lennier: "And?"
Marcus: "It's not repressed any more."

John Sheridan: "You can't kill the truth!"
(pause)
"Well, you can, but it always comes back to haunt you."

Dukhat: "When someone does a foolish thing, you should say it is a foolish thing. They may still continue to do it, but at least the truth is where it needs to be."

Delenn: "There are beings in the universe billions of years older than either of our races. Once, long ago, they walked among the stars like giants, vast and timeless. They taught the younger races, explored beyond the Rim, created great empires. But to all things, there is an end. Slowly, over a million years, the First Ones went away. Some passed beyond the stars, never to return. Some simply disappeared."

Delenn: "The Ancients understood, that in war, it is always the young and the powerless who are sent off to fight, sent by leaders and warriors and generals who are not themselves engaged in the battle, who do not bleed on the front lines, who do not die alone in the cold and friendless night."

Delenn: "They look to us to guide their hands. But prayers are fleeting, and wars forgotten. What is built, endures."

The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen:

"Pack for an English summer."
(Next scene: London, downpour)

Casablanca:

Major Strasser has been shot! Round up the usual suspects!

I am shocked - shocked! - to find that gambling is going on in this establishment!

Victor/Victoria:

This? The last time I saw a specimen like this, they had to shoot the horse.

Doctor Strangelove:

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here - this is the War Room!

English history:

"Mr. Churchill, you're drunk!"
"Madam, you are ugly. Tomorrow, I will be sober."

"Mr. Churchill, if you were my husband I'd poison your tea."
"Madam, if I were your husband I would drink it!"

Both incredible and incredibly funny!
Many are alien to me, but stand on their own!
Thanks for this post, and thanks for not forgetting to place them...now I can experience them as well, firsthand
I shall. O I shall!

Kudos!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by MaxxQ   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:56 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:08 pm
Location: Greer, South Carolina USA

Imaginos1892 wrote: Heavy Metal: <snip>
The two pilots: "NOSE-DIVE!!!" <snip>


Just want to add to this one...

One pilot to the other: "Oh wow, man! Good landing!"

And from another movie:

"Multipass!"
Leeloo - The Fifth Element

"A bomb is a poor choice of weaponry for close combat."
JC Denton - Deus Ex (PC game)

"Sure"
JC Denton - Deus Ex (trust me, in context it's hilarious)

"I'm not much of a reader."
JC Denton - Deus Ex

"I never asked for this."
Adam Jensen - Deus Ex: Human Revolution (prequel to Deus Ex)

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!"
Minsc - Baldur's Gate (PC game)
=================

DeviantArt: http://maxxqbunine.deviantart.com/
Mk28 Condor pinnace: http://youtu.be/fy8e-3lrKGE
HMS Fearless: http://youtu.be/uEiGEeq8SiI
Mk13 load sequence: http://youtu.be/i99Ufp_wAnQ
Mk16 attack sequence: http://youtu.be/byq68MjOlJU
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by Imaginos1892   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:47 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1263
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm
Location: San Diego, California, USA

Oh, I forgot a couple!

Harry Potter: (And The Deathly Hallows, part 2)

When have any of our plans ever actually worked out?
We make plans, we show up, and all Hell breaks loose!

Day Of The Triffids:

Everyone starts by knowing nothing about anything, but God gives him -- and even her -- brains to find out with. Failure to use them is not a virtue to be praised; even in women it is a gap to be deplored.
----------------------
It's easy to quit smoking. I've done it lots of times!
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by Daryl   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:30 am

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2914
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

Wait! I've got a cunning plan. Baldrick in Black Adder

He comes from Barcelona you know. Basil in Faulty Towers about Manuel the waiter.

What the **** was that. Mayor of Hiroshima.

It's a myth that oysters are an aphrodisiac, I had a dozen last night and only six worked. Sid James in Carry on up the Jungle.

From allo allo.
Capt. Bertorelli: Mussolini has given me a present for you: the Italian War Hero Medal.

[produces medal]

Gen. Von Klinkerhoffen: Ah, the Italian War Hero Medal. I have never seen one of these


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086659/quotes
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by KNick   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:16 am

KNick
Admiral

Posts: 2142
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:38 am
Location: Billings, MT, USA

I know nothing. Nooothiing.

Sgt. Schultz...Hogan's Heroes
_


Try to take a fisherman's fish and you will be tomorrows bait!!!
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by Invictus   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:56 am

Invictus
Commander

Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:00 am
Location: Perth, WA

From Jim Butcher
The man once wrote: Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger. Tolkien had that one mostly right.
I stepped forward, let the door bang close and snarled "Fuck subtle."


From Howard Taylor

"Congratulations, you just invented Negligent Regicide."


And from Menage a 3

"Lets see, the last thing I remember, I was talking to Magical Tralala. I was then blinded by a gratuitous panty shot, and now I'm handcuffed to an unconscious... Japanese girl. So either I'm a victim of a strange series of circumstances, or I fell asleep watching too much anime again."


I have eclectic tastes :lol:

"When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by MaxxQ   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:53 am

MaxxQ
BuNine

Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:08 pm
Location: Greer, South Carolina USA

Invictus wrote:And from Menage a 3

"Lets see, the last thing I remember, I was talking to Magical Tralala. I was then blinded by a gratuitous panty shot, and now I'm handcuffed to an unconscious... Japanese girl. So either I'm a victim of a strange series of circumstances, or I fell asleep watching too much anime again."


I have eclectic tastes :lol:


Gary, right? And the girl was Yuki? Been awhile since that one.
=================

DeviantArt: http://maxxqbunine.deviantart.com/
Mk28 Condor pinnace: http://youtu.be/fy8e-3lrKGE
HMS Fearless: http://youtu.be/uEiGEeq8SiI
Mk13 load sequence: http://youtu.be/i99Ufp_wAnQ
Mk16 attack sequence: http://youtu.be/byq68MjOlJU
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by Invictus   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:28 am

Invictus
Commander

Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:00 am
Location: Perth, WA

MaxxQ wrote:
Gary, right? And the girl was Yuki? Been awhile since that one.


I only came across it a week ago, and ended up losing most of the night reading the archives. I blame TV Tropes. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... inYourLife

"When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall
Top
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by MaxxQ   » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:39 am

MaxxQ
BuNine

Posts: 1533
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:08 pm
Location: Greer, South Carolina USA

Invictus wrote:
MaxxQ wrote:
Gary, right? And the girl was Yuki? Been awhile since that one.


I only came across it a week ago, and ended up losing most of the night reading the archives. I blame TV Tropes. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... inYourLife


Yeah... I did that with Something*Positive ( http://www.somethingpositive.net/ ) about 10 years ago, which meant that I had roughly three years of archives to get through. Managed to do it in two days.

Learned my lesson with that, and got caught up with Ma3 over a week or so. Been reading it for about 5 years now, so I only needed to catch up on one year's worth.
=================

DeviantArt: http://maxxqbunine.deviantart.com/
Mk28 Condor pinnace: http://youtu.be/fy8e-3lrKGE
HMS Fearless: http://youtu.be/uEiGEeq8SiI
Mk13 load sequence: http://youtu.be/i99Ufp_wAnQ
Mk16 attack sequence: http://youtu.be/byq68MjOlJU
Top

Return to Free-Range Topics...