Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Non-Honorverse one-liners

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by Invictus   » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:40 am

Invictus
Commander

John Prigent wrote:The Goon Show:

'Sir! Sir! The men are revolting!'

'Gad yes, aren't they.'

"Read this, but don't read it till I tell you.(runs a long distance.) Ok, read it out now!"
"Heh-Hem. My name is Ned Seagoon." (sound of large explosion)"You dirty rotten swine you!"

"When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall
Post by Invictus   » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:44 am

Invictus
Commander

Imaginos1892 wrote:
Londo Mollari: "Is there anyone along our borders with whom we are not currently at war? Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on TWELVE fronts."

Seriously, we could fill this whole thread with Babylon 5 quotes and start another one.

Here's a link to the clip. And I love the way he gets him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_sBNX9dP-M

"When you talk about damage radius, even atomic weapons pale before that of an unfettered idiot in a position of power." Sam Starfall
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:53 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Invictus wrote:
Imaginos1892 wrote:
Londo Mollari: "Is there anyone along our borders with whom we are not currently at war? Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on TWELVE fronts."

Seriously, we could fill this whole thread with Babylon 5 quotes and start another one.

Here's a link to the clip. And I love the way he gets him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_sBNX9dP-M

I never could got a chance to enjoy Babylon 5. My sister loved it amd always told me I was missing a great show. I bet she has every single episode. I had a chat with her about this post.

Nice clip. Indeed I missed a great show.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:02 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Some nice one-liners from yester year.
Too many to list.
You old coots are gonna thank me for this.

http://youtu.be/LztZu5s0-QU
http://youtu.be/vVizZDE8z1o

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Imaginos1892   » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:47 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:I never could got a chance to enjoy Babylon 5. My sister loved it amd always told me I was missing a great show. I bet she has every single episode. I had a chat with her about this post.

Yup, it's about the best thing that's ever been on the idiot box. Star Trek and Stargate were good, but Babylon 5 was both better and more consistently good. Just reading the episode titles will send shivers down yer spine:

Midnight On The Firing Line
There All The Honor Lies
A Race Through Dark Places
The Hour Of The Wolf
Signs And Portents
The Parliament Of Dreams

Still available on DVD, 5 seasons plus a set of 5 movies.

And now for the obligatory one-liner:

Ivanova: "No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow."
Post by Tenshinai   » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:52 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

cthia wrote:
I never could got a chance to enjoy Babylon 5. My sister loved it amd always told me I was missing a great show. I bet she has every single episode. I had a chat with her about this post.

It´s time for you to watch it now then. ;)
And make sure you haven´t missed Buffy while you´re at it. :mrgreen:

Which leads me to some Buffy quotes:
Xander "That´s your scary costume?"
Anya "Bunnies frighten me."

Giles "What do you want?"
Angelus "I wanna torture you. I used to love it and it´s been a long time. I mean, the last time i tortured someone, they didn´t even have chainsaws."

Buffy "... Speak English, not whatever they speak in, um..."
Giles "England?"

Anya "Can i trade in the children for more cash?"

Joyce "Have we met?"
Spike "Uuh, you hit me with an axe one time. Remember, get the hell away from my daughter?"
Joyce "Oh..."

Spike "Your life flashed before your eyes? Cup of tea, cup of tea, almost got shagged, cup of tea?"

Spike "A bear! You made a bear!"
Buffy "I didn´t mean to?"
Spike "Undo it! Undo it!"

Drusilla "I met an old man. I didn't like him. He got stuck in my teeth."

Drusilla "How do you feel about eternal life?"
Xander "We couldn't just start with a coffee?"
Post by MaxxQ   » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:24 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

More Babylon 5...

Susan Ivanova (over the comm): And just one more thing... On your trip back, I'd like you to learn the Babylon 5 Mantra -
Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations.
Ivanova is God.
And, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.
Babylon Contol, out.
(Turns and looks at rest of bridge crew staring at her. They get back to work quickly)
(Turns back to control panel): Civilians.
(Looks up): Just kidding about that "God" part. No offense.

Another Ivanova bit:

Enemy ships: This is Captain Jake Thompson of the advance destroyer group to enemy vessels... we have you surrounded. You are ordered to surrender your vessels, or be destroyed. I say again, surrender or be destroyed.

Ivanova (turns to Marcus at the comm station): Put me on with him. And give me firing control.

Ivanova: This is the White Star fleet. Negative on surrender. We will *not* stand down.

Captain Jake: Who is this? Identify yourself.

Ivanova: Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andre and Sofie Ivanov. I am the right hand of Vengeance, and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am Death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me.

Claudia Christian, who plays Susan, would have been perfect to play Honor, had the movie been made 20 years ago, IMO.

Never got into Buffy. Liked the movie, but probably only saw one or two episodes of the series.
Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:17 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:More Babylon 5...

Susan Ivanova (over the comm): And just one more thing... On your trip back, I'd like you to learn the Babylon 5 Mantra -
Ivanova is always right.
I will listen to Ivanova.
I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations.
Ivanova is God.
And, if this ever happens again, Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out.
Babylon Contol, out.
(Turns and looks at rest of bridge crew staring at her. They get back to work quickly)
(Turns back to control panel): Civilians.
(Looks up): Just kidding about that "God" part. No offense.

Another Ivanova bit:

Enemy ships: This is Captain Jake Thompson of the advance destroyer group to enemy vessels... we have you surrounded. You are ordered to surrender your vessels, or be destroyed. I say again, surrender or be destroyed.

Ivanova (turns to Marcus at the comm station): Put me on with him. And give me firing control.

Ivanova: This is the White Star fleet. Negative on surrender. We will *not* stand down.

Captain Jake: Who is this? Identify yourself.

Ivanova: Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andre and Sofie Ivanov. I am the right hand of Vengeance, and the boot that is going to kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am Death incarnate, and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me.

Claudia Christian, who plays Susan, would have been perfect to play Honor, had the movie been made 20 years ago, IMO.

Never got into Buffy. Liked the movie, but probably only saw one or two episodes of the series.

Thanks Maxx for this post!
My God, was the writing always this good?
I've got a really sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that I missed what would have been some of my best loved sci-fi works. I should have known that if my sister was addicted they had to be good.

Post by cthia   » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:20 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."

Groucho Marx Animal Crackers

Post by Tenshinai   » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:01 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:

The series is drastically better than the movie even if not every single episode is superb.

A bit short and lean maybe but yeah, she might have suited the role.

Return to Free-Range Topics...