Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests

Non-Honorverse one-liners

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by Hutch   » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Hutch
Vice Admiral

OK, a few more from the web comicSchlock Mercenary.

Shodan: You obviously have prior training. A black belt perhaps?
Breya: I have four brothers.

Breya: Fortunatly, the enemy's men are no brighter than my own.

Schlock: He's an elephant, Nick. he doesn't have "manos". He does have a trunko, and two sharp tuskos, though.
Nick: BRING IT ON, WRINKLE-BUTT!
Ennesby: Oooh! And four big stompos.

Ch'Vorthq: reading the tin of Ovalkwik Listen to this list: glucose, fructose, corn syrup solids, concentrated cocoa-bean extract, assorted methylxanthine alkaloids (including caffiene, theobromine, and theophylline), sodium laureth sulfate, minoxadyl, Buckminster fullerine, codeine, hyper-ephedrine, nicotine, with BHA and BHT added to preserve freshness. Sergeant, you will be drinking a very heavy stimulant cocktail cut with shampoo and inert ultra-tensile carbon.
Schlock: I don't drink it. I eat it straight.
Ch'Vorthq: And I suspect you're addicted to it.
Schlock: draws plasgun Step away from the tub of happiness.

Union Thug: What's that? Some fancy hair dryer? ommminous hummmmm
Schlock: If by 'hair' you mean 'plasma', and by 'dryer' you mean 'cannon' then yes. Yes it is.

Tagon: Do you have any more details for us?
Liner Captain: No. We've lost all contact with our service personnel aboard the Princess Tyola, and the techs we sent to board her through the aft service-ways never reported back.
Tagon: You lost contact with them the moment they entered the liner?
Liner Captain: Well, no. We lost contact with them about three minutes later, right after the screaming started. Tagon: See, that's a detail. We need those.

Kevyn: I can't start a firefight in here. There are innocent civilians all over the room.
Doythaban: Kevyn, I've been in rooms just like that before. There are no innocent civilians. Trust me. Every last one of them has done something.

Chev: Did this amorph have eyes?
Gamm: The enforcer reports do not mention eyes, nor a lack thereof. Of course, the reports seldom get past the 'white-hot blazing maimery' spewed from the amorph's plasma cannon. After telling that part my witnesses just curl up and whimper.

Tagon: How can a bomb possibly hurt anyone if it explodes inside a star?
Petey: It just needs to be big enough. Try to imagine a fragmentation grenade that can use an entire star for shrapnel.

Ob'Enn Admiral: Please remind them that the words 'prize crew' mean 'your admiral will be upset if you gut this one with plasma fire, you brick-witted morons'.

And that is just from the first 3 years! (the comic is now in it's 14th year of daily e-publishing...)
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5
Post by cthia   » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:38 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Daisy Duke
I think something bounced up into my undercarriage. Will you take a look?

You damn skippy I will! :mrgreen:

Okay, I have to admit. The idea of Jessica Simpson playing Daisy Duke just didn't float my boat.

I was wrong. I was wrong! I, was ... wrong!!

She still doesn't float my boat. But she does a helluva job raising my sub. :oops:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:47 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

"A pair of assholes pair bonded by a priest from the Gong show"
Martin Mull in Serial
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by TedMann   » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:23 am

TedMann
Midshipman

Somebody misquoted Superman as saying "I hope this particular incident didn't put you off flying Miss. Statistically speaking it's still the safest way of flying."

False. He said "I certainly hope this little incident hasn't put you off flying Miss. Statistically speaking of course, it's still the safest way to travel."

I have the whole movie memorized. If you're going to quote someone, get it right.
Post by TedMann   » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:25 am

TedMann
Midshipman

Oh good grief. You didn't even get his name right. It's Christopher Reeve, not Reeves.
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:44 am

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

TedMann wrote:Oh good grief. You didn't even get his name right. It's Christopher Reeve, not Reeves.

Easy mistake to make, since George Reeves played Superman in the 1950s TV series.
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by cthia   » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:50 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

TedMann wrote:
Somebody misquoted Superman as saying "I hope this particular incident didn't put you off flying Miss. Statistically speaking it's still the safest way of flying."

False. He said "I certainly hope this little incident hasn't put you off flying Miss. Statistically speaking of course, it's still the safest way to travel."

I have the whole movie memorized. If you're going to quote someone, get it right.

My apology for the misquote.
As far as the extra Reeve(s), well didn't you know? It stands for Super ... Man.

Back to the misquote. We Americans love to misquote movie lines.
http://www.gamesradar.com/the-20-most-m ... vie-lines/

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:07 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:
TedMann wrote:

My apology for the misquote.
As far as the extra Reeve(s), well didn't you know? It stands for Super ... Man.

Back to the misquote. We Americans love to misquote movie lines.
http://www.gamesradar.com/the-20-most-m ... vie-lines/

When I was in college (lo these many, many years ago) I had an English professor the students referred to as "Mansuper", since his real name was J. Kent Clark.
========================

Post by cthia   » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:15 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

One of my favorite tv program intros, ABC's Wide World of Sports 1978 intro, which featured a 1970 ski crash of Vinko Bogataj ...
The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

treecat version

The shrill of victory and the agony of the feet.

http://youtu.be/P2AZH4FeGsc

Post by TN4994   » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:24 pm

TN4994
Captain of the List

Imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie

Return to Free-Range Topics...