Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

Non-Honorverse one-liners

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Non-Honorverse one-liners
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:25 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:
cthia wrote:Hillarious. Every single one of those!
Just went thru an entire box of tissue!
Make it stop! :lol:

I simply adore Newt's mostly. My niece uses the same phrase frequently, even before she watched Aliens. We all watched it together (my sister, niece and I) and when Newt came on the scene sis and I simultaneously turned to my niece and said "she sounds just like you) which of course prompted a "does not" "does too" exchange wherein I ended with a "does too, mostly."

Even my niece had to laugh.

It irks my sister because my niece has always used her mostly as a loophole of sorts.

Sis, "have you cleaned out that junk?"
Niece, "mostly."
Sis "what is mostly, did you or didn't you?"
Niece "I mostly did mom."

Funny those two.

Thanks for these funny one-liners. Perfect before work today. Have to go in for a few hours. Important, and very heavy, piece of lab equipment arriving. Another week or so and lab complete!

Interesting bit of unknown background about Newt...

At the time the movie was being made, I was in the USAF stationed at RAF Lakenheath in England. The movie casting folks were searching the various Department of Defense schools around the country for american students to play Newt.

Turns out, they asked my crew chief's daughter if she wanted to do it. Apparently, she did a short audition at the school, and from what I was told, she ended up being the one they wanted. In the end, she decided she didn't want to do it, and so they went with the girl (and her brother) they ended up with.

That is an interesting story. Thanks for it.
Did you meet your crew chief's daughter?
If so do you think she could have been a better Newt?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:31 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Bond. James Bond.

Sean Connery, probably in all his Bond movies.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by MaxxQ   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:50 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

cthia wrote:That is an interesting story. Thanks for it.

Yeah, my then-wife and I were pretty good friends with him and his wife. His three kids were a few years older than my daughter (who was not quite 1 year old yet).

As for being a better Newt..? I can't really say. She was always a bit shy, so she might not have been up for it. But, after the audition, which she volunteered to do, despite her shyness, she was the one they originally wanted, so there must have been something there that they liked.

On topic:

http://youtu.be/PqZQW9COS7s
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:50 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:
cthia wrote:That is an interesting story. Thanks for it.

Yeah, my then-wife and I were pretty good friends with him and his wife. His three kids were a few years older than my daughter (who was not quite 1 year old yet).

As for being a better Newt..? I can't really say. She was always a bit shy, so she might not have been up for it. But, after the audition, which she volunteered to do, despite her shyness, she was the one they originally wanted, so there must have been something there that they liked.

On topic:

http://youtu.be/PqZQW9COS7s

I am jealous that you met the almost Newt!
Hope you don't mind my retelling your story. My sister and Niece would be very interested.

Perhaps it was her very shyness that gave her an edge. Seems Newt's character was a bit withdrawn, not wanting to trust adults. After all, adults eventually became dead.

If she was their first choice, I feel we may have been cheated a bit. The actual Newt I liked lots mind you, but what if?

Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:54 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

"There's no place like home."

Judy Garland The Wizard Of Oz

Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:12 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

This is more of a battlecry which instills great fear and panic...
in anyone who is on the same side as the one using it.

"Leeeeeeroy Jenkiiiins!"

Anyone who has encountered it before knows that whatever situation they are in, it's gonna get worse.
It also has a short film based on it.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by MaxxQ   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:24 pm

MaxxQ
BuNine

"Yippee-ki-yay, motherf****r!"
John McLane - every Die Hard movie.

"E.T., phone home!"
E.T. and Elliot, many times - E.T. - The Extraterrestrial

Oddball: "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

Moriarty: "Crap!"
Oddball and Moriarty - Kelly's Heroes

"No disassemble!"
Johnny 5 - Short Circuit

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Inigo - The Princess Bride Another movie with an almost infinite number of great one-liners and quotes.
Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:45 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:This is more of a battlecry which instills great fear and panic...
in anyone who is on the same side as the one using it.

"Leeeeeeroy Jenkiiiins!"

Anyone who has encountered it before knows that whatever situation they are in, it's gonna get worse.
It also has a short film based on it.

Hillarious! Simply hillarious. :lol:
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Tom Hanks Forest Gump...as if.

And one specifically for you.
"Mike Mike Mike, what day is it?...HUMP DAY!

The Camel Geicko Commercial

Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:52 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

MaxxQ wrote:"Yippee-ki-yay, motherf****r!"
John McLane - every Die Hard movie.

"E.T., phone home!"
E.T. and Elliot, many times - E.T. - The Extraterrestrial

Oddball: "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"

Moriarty: "Crap!"
Oddball and Moriarty - Kelly's Heroes

"No disassemble!"
Johnny 5 - Short Circuit

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."
Inigo - The Princess Bride Another movie with an almost infinite number of great one-liners and quotes.

Thanks Maxx. I have never watched Princess Bride.
I have it. Just never watched it.
Now I shall!

The John McLaner has to be a hall-o-famer!

"Houston, we have a problem."

Tom Hanks Apollo 13

Post by cthia   » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:04 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

"Say hello to my little friend!"

Al Pacino Scarface

Return to Free-Range Topics...