Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Strange things and UFO's

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:22 pm

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1179
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Daryl, I could be wrong about many of ideas espoused by myself. One, I have been around the world and seen civilizations that seem to have technology that we currently do not have. Let me ask you, what do we really know about the civilization that was in North and South America. Most of the knowledge is hidden from us. It's available but you really have to search for it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis

I had an experience that totally changed my life. For credibility before I had a near death experience I would agree with your statement about having no integrity. After this experience, I live a different lifestyle and beliefs. My honor and living a Christ like life means more to me than all the gold in the World. Having wealth is so far down on the list of life for me, now I would not be opposed to a couple of million dollars but it's not necessary for my life. For me, the confirmation of God was/is a life changing event. In my mind, I have 100% proof of God and the existence of an afterlife. I will never have that scientific proof of God for anyone else but I have 100% faith in him. It's like atoms, we can not see them but science knows they exist. I understand and have compassion for you beliefs or lack of beliefs. I do not have the power to heal your hurts within your spirit. I encourage you to have a relationship with God but I warn you that challenging the Lord to prove himself to you will be very painful ride. This is from personal experience. That's what so great about the US and the Constitution. This document guarantees a person the right to worship God or not to worship God!

Daryl, I envy you in this respect that you actually got to see either an alien ufo or terrestrial based spacecraft. A part of my being would desperately want to see a ufo and meet an alien. Another part would be absolutely terrified of meeting an alien or seeing a ufo.

Daryl wrote:SMR, you do seem to be an intelligent and good person, and I don't want to hurt your feelings, but have you considered that you may have a somewhat credulous nature?

From previous threads you say that you are a "born again" evangelical Christian, believe in previous lost civilizations, and believe in visits from star travelling aliens. All or some of these beliefs may be true, but none of them have actual verifiable scientific physical proof. Nastier, more cynical people like me require proof to believe.

I have had a first hand experience of an Unidentified Flying Object, that didn't match anything I could conceive as coming from earth technology, however I would need much more evidence to believe in alien visits. Incidentally I wasn't analy probed, so that may explain my scepticism.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:21 am

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1179
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by Zakharra   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:12 pm

Zakharra
Captain of the List

Posts: 619
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:50 pm

smr wrote:Daryl, I could be wrong about many of ideas espoused by myself. One, I have been around the world and seen civilizations that seem to have technology that we currently do not have. Let me ask you, what do we really know about the civilization that was in North and South America. Most of the knowledge is hidden from us. It's available but you really have to search for it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis



We know quite a bit. Man has only been present in the Americas since the last Ice Age, so within the last 20-25,000 years. We also know that it's pretty much been a Stone Age existence for all of those civilizations. Only a few developed the ability to work copper as tools and for some reason, went back to stone. Until the Europeans showed up, stone tools were all people used in the Americas. No copper, bronze, brass or iron. It was a primitive existence for all concerned. But this doesn't mean they didn't have sophisticated societies, just that they were limited by the tools (stone) in what they could do. With what they had, some civilizations did some pretty impressive achievements. But we know how they did it, with primitive tools. Not fancy/advanced ones. And we know this because we've found traces of the civilizations clear back to the Ice Age and there was never a sign of anything advanced.

As to the link you have, the Admiral (Ries) never sailed in the Atlantic or anywhere close to the Americas. He drew maps using information that other explorers had already produced.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:19 pm

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1179
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Supposedly, they were copied from maps that were in the library of Alexandria.

Zakharra wrote:
smr wrote:Daryl, I could be wrong about many of ideas espoused by myself. One, I have been around the world and seen civilizations that seem to have technology that we currently do not have. Let me ask you, what do we really know about the civilization that was in North and South America. Most of the knowledge is hidden from us. It's available but you really have to search for it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis



We know quite a bit. Man has only been present in the Americas since the last Ice Age, so within the last 20-25,000 years. We also know that it's pretty much been a Stone Age existence for all of those civilizations. Only a few developed the ability to work copper as tools and for some reason, went back to stone. Until the Europeans showed up, stone tools were all people used in the Americas. No copper, bronze, brass or iron. It was a primitive existence for all concerned. But this doesn't mean they didn't have sophisticated societies, just that they were limited by the tools (stone) in what they could do. With what they had, some civilizations did some pretty impressive achievements. But we know how they did it, with primitive tools. Not fancy/advanced ones. And we know this because we've found traces of the civilizations clear back to the Ice Age and there was never a sign of anything advanced.

As to the link you have, the Admiral (Ries) never sailed in the Atlantic or anywhere close to the Americas. He drew maps using information that other explorers had already produced.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:01 am

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1179
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

I am posting a 1:30:00 video about NASA transmissions from shuttle missions. Please do not comment on the subject without reviewing the video documentary from You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITH3gwccX0A
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:27 am

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1179
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by The E   » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:27 am

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2035
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany



Almost absolute proof of nothing in particular. They found a single example of what they believe to be a diatom of extraterrestrial origin. There is no proof offered for this hypothesis beyond two basic assumptions that haven't been verified (Assumption 1, that this was something out of a comet fragment or meteorite reentry, and Assumption 2, that terrestrial diatoms would not be able to stay at high altitude for extended periods of time). In addition, the paper for this research was published in the Journal of Cosmology, a journal that is known for its somewhat lax standards of review, and is consequently not one that is actually taken seriously by most scientists.

Can haz better proof, plz?
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by Zakharra   » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:43 am

Zakharra
Captain of the List

Posts: 619
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:50 pm

smr wrote:Supposedly, they were copied from maps that were in the library of Alexandria.

Zakharra wrote:Daryl, I could be wrong about many of ideas espoused by myself. One, I have been around the world and seen civilizations that seem to have technology that we currently do not have. Let me ask you, what do we really know about the civilization that was in North and South America. Most of the knowledge is hidden from us. It's available but you really have to search for it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis



We know quite a bit. Man has only been present in the Americas since the last Ice Age, so within the last 20-25,000 years. We also know that it's pretty much been a Stone Age existence for all of those civilizations. Only a few developed the ability to work copper as tools and for some reason, went back to stone. Until the Europeans showed up, stone tools were all people used in the Americas. No copper, bronze, brass or iron. It was a primitive existence for all concerned. But this doesn't mean they didn't have sophisticated societies, just that they were limited by the tools (stone) in what they could do. With what they had, some civilizations did some pretty impressive achievements. But we know how they did it, with primitive tools. Not fancy/advanced ones. And we know this because we've found traces of the civilizations clear back to the Ice Age and there was never a sign of anything advanced.

As to the link you have, the Admiral (Ries) never sailed in the Atlantic or anywhere close to the Americas. He drew maps using information that other explorers had already produced.



The Great Library of Alexandria? That Library didn't exist in the Reif's time. It had been burned by then. Several times in fact, way before the Reif Piri was even born. The link tells you where he got the maps from explorers who had been visiting the New World for the last 30 years or so. IE. current maps made in the last 30 years, not maps made 1200-3,000 years ago. He was mainly concerned about the Mediterranean Sea, Black Sea and the Indian Ocean/Persian Gulf. Not the New World (although that would make for an interesting alternative world scenario where the Ottoman Empire was one of the nations that colonized part of the Americas). Either way, the maps were made to show the world as they knew it, sort of a 'This is the world', to show people what was known of the world at the time, of current lands and nations. They weren't made to show all of the civilizations that had existed. So I have to conclude you are really reaching with very very circumstantial evidence to try and claim those maps are sign of ancient civilizations in the Americas.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by Tenshinai   » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:08 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2893
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Sweden

Just as a note, in case this hasn´t been posted already:
http://medievalnews.blogspot.se/2009/07 ... xpert.html

Now, anyone who does the research will find that "ancient knowledge" in regards to land masses and sometimes navigation probably was quite a lot better than what is commonly accepted.

THAT, however does not require any sort of "ancient supercivilisations" or anything like it.

For example, enough evidence has been gathered in the last decade that it can no longer be considered stupid or unrealistic to say that the Phoenicians MAY have traded, at least irregularly, with South America.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:29 pm

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1179
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

I believe their was a super advanced civilization before the great flood. We only have myths and legends that refer to the civilization and what seems pre-Egyptian type writing that has been found. This does not mean I am correct. It's only speculation due to most of the evidence being gone.

Tenshinai wrote:Just as a note, in case this hasn´t been posted already:
http://medievalnews.blogspot.se/2009/07 ... xpert.html

Now, anyone who does the research will find that "ancient knowledge" in regards to land masses and sometimes navigation probably was quite a lot better than what is commonly accepted.

THAT, however does not require any sort of "ancient supercivilisations" or anything like it.

For example, enough evidence has been gathered in the last decade that it can no longer be considered stupid or unrealistic to say that the Phoenicians MAY have traded, at least irregularly, with South America.
Top

Return to Free-Range Topics...