Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Strange things and UFO's

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by Tenshinai   » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:24 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2893
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Sweden

smr wrote:It's funny that you are able to ignore the key fact that started the whole ufo phenomenon. Originally, the US military issued a Press Release at Roswell claiming that the US was in possession of a "flying saucer!" That was carried by radio and newspapers.


Wow, don´t you ever bother to fact-check?

If you had bothered with that, you would know that the military never ever reported anything what so ever about finding anything or anyone alien.

And that the area had for a while had multiple reports about "flying discs". Something that was later retroactively admitted to apparently have been due to Project Mogul, the use of balloons to put microphones in the air at certain heights, a top secret project that existed 1947 to 1949, aimed at trying to "listen in" on Soviet nuclear tests by sound refraction. Not entirely unsuccessful, but very expensive compared to data gained.

The military boys that were then called upon to the crashsite, were not the ones involved in that project, didn´t even know about it, and of course then reported that they had found some of the by then infamous "flying discs".

So yes, there was a cover up, because it was thought to be really important not to let the Soviets know anything about this little attempt at longrange spying.

And nowadays, it´s so unimportant that most of the information about the project is open to the public.

smr wrote:These military men would have been court-martialed or forced to resign instead these cast of characters were promoted until their retirement! Instead Teshania and TheE shout to the world that's not scientific proof. You attack the messengers with labels of conspiracy theorists and ufo believers.


They attack themselves plenty well enough that i don´t have to do anything beyond noting that they are.

There is no evidence for Roswell 1948 having had any connection what so ever to anything alien or even extra-terrestial. End of story. Learn to live with it, because it has long since been proven beyond any doubt to be a whole bunch of contradicting conspiracy theories that bear almost no resemblance to the original event.

4 crashes and recoveries of 100% human aircraft and servicemen in the area up until 1950 turned into at least 6 separate and distinct stories about "alien autopsies", while there is at least 11 different stories about "what really happened".

And the "real witnesses" don´t agree with each other, disagree with proven reality, pull names and locations out of their rears, then change their claims when someone proves them wrong.

smr wrote: That's an attempt to marginalize the person rather than the argument. Those are just words designed to avoid the tough questions and answers.


What argument? All you can come up with is "oooh, i believe!". That´s not an argument, that´s barely even an opinion.

And your belief is based on nothing more substantial than faerytales already proven wrong. Many times. By all kinds of people, indendently from each other.



And you still can´t spell my name. Guess incompetence has to start somewhere.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:00 pm

smr
Commodore

Posts: 860
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

@Tenshanai

The original press release authorized by commanding officer of US most secret and secure nuclear base at the time...hmm...did not disprove. The one and only nuclear bomber squadron of the United States Military at the time, made a mistake according to your explanation. :mrgreen:

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/anna_jones1/daily_record.html

Second, why were these men promoted and were not forced to retire or forced to resign? Wait....I know....no answer.

Third, one of the main participants writes a book 30 years later about what allegedly actually happened. That was startling. Did they take his pension away....hmmmm....no!

Their was some coverup but you say it was Soviet...where is your proof! Please put up the links so the evidence can be evaluated scientifically! Is not that your mantra?

Let's take a present official that expressed interest in releasing some of information on the subject...John Podesta. Here is some background information from wiki:

John David Podesta (born January 8, 1949) is the Chairman of the 2016 Hillary Clinton presidential campaign.[2]

Podesta previously served as Chief of Staff to President Bill Clinton and Counselor to President Barack Obama.[3] He is the former president and now Chair and Counselor of the Center for American Progress (CAP), a liberal think tank in Washington, D.C., and is also a Visiting Professor of Law at the Georgetown University Law Center. He was a co-chairman of the Obama-Biden Transition Project.[4][5]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-the-loop/wp/2015/02/13/obama-aide-john-podesta-says-biggest-failure-was-not-securing-the-disclosure-of-ufo-files/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGyFWyNuF3s

@Tenshania are you going to listen and hear what the former defense minister of Canada is going to say. It's only going to take 10 minutes of your time.








Your facts are incorrect as usual they released that Press Release that stated they had a "flying saucer" in their possession.


Tenshinai wrote:
smr wrote:It's funny that you are able to ignore the key fact that started the whole ufo phenomenon. Originally, the US military issued a Press Release at Roswell claiming that the US was in possession of a "flying saucer!" That was carried by radio and newspapers.


Wow, don´t you ever bother to fact-check?

If you had bothered with that, you would know that the military never ever reported anything what so ever about finding anything or anyone alien.

And that the area had for a while had multiple reports about "flying discs". Something that was later retroactively admitted to apparently have been due to Project Mogul, the use of balloons to put microphones in the air at certain heights, a top secret project that existed 1947 to 1949, aimed at trying to "listen in" on Soviet nuclear tests by sound refraction. Not entirely unsuccessful, but very expensive compared to data gained.

The military boys that were then called upon to the crashsite, were not the ones involved in that project, didn´t even know about it, and of course then reported that they had found some of the by then infamous "flying discs".

So yes, there was a cover up, because it was thought to be really important not to let the Soviets know anything about this little attempt at longrange spying.

And nowadays, it´s so unimportant that most of the information about the project is open to the public.

smr wrote:These military men would have been court-martialed or forced to resign instead these cast of characters were promoted until their retirement! Instead Teshania and TheE shout to the world that's not scientific proof. You attack the messengers with labels of conspiracy theorists and ufo believers.


They attack themselves plenty well enough that i don´t have to do anything beyond noting that they are.

There is no evidence for Roswell 1948 having had any connection what so ever to anything alien or even extra-terrestial. End of story. Learn to live with it, because it has long since been proven beyond any doubt to be a whole bunch of contradicting conspiracy theories that bear almost no resemblance to the original event.

4 crashes and recoveries of 100% human aircraft and servicemen in the area up until 1950 turned into at least 6 separate and distinct stories about "alien autopsies", while there is at least 11 different stories about "what really happened".

And the "real witnesses" don´t agree with each other, disagree with proven reality, pull names and locations out of their rears, then change their claims when someone proves them wrong.

smr wrote: That's an attempt to marginalize the person rather than the argument. Those are just words designed to avoid the tough questions and answers.


What argument? All you can come up with is "oooh, i believe!". That´s not an argument, that´s barely even an opinion.

And your belief is based on nothing more substantial than faerytales already proven wrong. Many times. By all kinds of people, indendently from each other.



And you still can´t spell my name. Guess incompetence has to start somewhere.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by Joat42   » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:46 am

Joat42
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 am
Location: Sweden

smr wrote:@Tenshanai

The original press release authorized by commanding officer of US most secret and secure nuclear base at the time...hmm...did not disprove. The one and only nuclear bomber squadron of the United States Military at the time, made a mistake according to your explanation. :mrgreen:

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/anna_jones1/daily_record.html

Second, why were these men promoted and were not forced to retire or forced to resign? Wait....I know....no answer.

Third, one of the main participants writes a book 30 years later about what allegedly actually happened. That was startling. Did they take his pension away....hmmmm....no!

Their was some coverup but you say it was Soviet...where is your proof! Please put up the links so the evidence can be evaluated scientifically! Is not that your mantra?

Just because they happened be a nuclear bomber squadron doesn't mean they knew about all the possible top secret projects ongoing in the US Military, ie. they <b>thought</b> they found a crashed flying saucer instead of remains from a classified project. The press release just goes to show that just because you are a commanding officer of a "secret" base doesn't mean you know every secret. :P
smr wrote:Let's take a present official that expressed interest in releasing some of information on the subject...John Podesta. Here is some background information from wiki:

John David Podesta (born January 8, 1949) is the Chairman of the 2016 Hillary Clinton presidential campaign.[2]

Podesta previously served as Chief of Staff to President Bill Clinton and Counselor to President Barack Obama.[3] He is the former president and now Chair and Counselor of the Center for American Progress (CAP), a liberal think tank in Washington, D.C., and is also a Visiting Professor of Law at the Georgetown University Law Center. He was a co-chairman of the Obama-Biden Transition Project.[4][5]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-the-loop/wp/2015/02/13/obama-aide-john-podesta-says-biggest-failure-was-not-securing-the-disclosure-of-ufo-files/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGyFWyNuF3s

@Tenshania are you going to listen and hear what the former defense minister of Canada is going to say. It's only going to take 10 minutes of your time.

I guess preconceptions really do color your thinking. What I took from those 2 links was the following:
John Podesta is tired of speculation regarding what's in the documents AND that some parts of the government are not releasing the documents although they are legally obliged to do so. That he happens to be an X-files aficionado and used the tag-line from the show was a tongue-in-cheek comment.

The Canadian defense minister speech patterns indicates that what he was telling was not first hand knowledge (sounded more like a re-telling of a story) and in any case there where no real facts revealed. Just because someone happened to be a defense minister doesn't preclude also being a conspiracy nut.

smr wrote:Your facts are incorrect as usual they released that Press Release that stated they had a "flying saucer" in their possession.

A press release is a fact, what it contains isn't. The officer providing the information "thought" they had a crashed flying saucer, that doesn't mean it was one. It's much more likely it was the remains of some top secret project just as Tenshinai said.

The information you provided doesn't prove anything at all except that you have a tendency to consume information on the internet very uncritically. Try to apply Occam's razor a bit more.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by Tenshinai   » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:21 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2893
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Sweden

smr wrote:Your facts are incorrect as usual they released that Press Release that stated they had a "flying saucer" in their possession.


Yes and instantly the press lies and published in big letters that the press release said "flying discs".

Like you know, here:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 2C1947.jpg

And even the article that DO use "saucer" for headline, then switches to "Disk" an continues to use that:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 2C1947.jpg

And then lets see what is said about the press release itself:
http://www.biography.com/people/walter-haut-17183734
Walter Haut is best known for drafting a 1947 press release for the U.S. Army that claimed a "flying disc" had landed in Roswell, New Mexico.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_UFO_incident
issued a press release stating that personnel from the field's 509th Operations Group had recovered a "flying disc", which had crashed on a ranch near Roswell.

http://www.roswellufomuseum.com/incident.html
At 11 a.m., July 8, 1947, Lt. Walter Haut, RAAF public information officer, finished a press release Blanchard had ordered him to write, stating that the wreckage of a crashed disk had been recovered.

smr wrote:The original press release authorized by commanding officer of US most secret and secure nuclear base at the time...hmm...did not disprove. The one and only nuclear bomber squadron of the United States Military at the time, made a mistake according to your explanation.


Are you a complete idiot?

"most secret"? No.
"most secure"? No.
"nuclear base"? Say what? It was the homebase of the 509th bomber wing which was the primary unit of the time capable of nuclear attacks, it was an airbase.

And like Joat42 said, why would the people of the 509th have even the slightest clue about a project that was far more secretive, and they had no "need to know" about?

smr wrote:Second, why were these men promoted and were not forced to retire or forced to resign?


Why ever would they not be promoted?
They did nothing wrong when they acted based on their knowledge. The military didn´t try to create legends and myths about the event, people like you did.

smr wrote:Wait....I know....no answer.


Nope, you clearly do not.

smr wrote:Third, one of the main participants writes a book 30 years later about what allegedly actually happened. That was startling. Did they take his pension away....hmmmm....no!


A book that has been so trashed by known facts that it has been relegated to "fictional" status by anyone with a brain.

smr wrote:Their was some coverup but you say it was Soviet...where is your proof!


What the heck are you blabbering about? Your statement has nothing to do with what i wrote and makes absolutely no sense.

And nowadays, project mogul is pretty much open knowledge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Mogul

smr wrote: Please put up the links so the evidence can be evaluated scientifically! Is not that your mantra?


I´ve already given you everything you need to check. If you want to find out the truth.
If you´re too lazy for that, i don´t care THAT much if you want to go on being delusional.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:17 pm

smr
Commodore

Posts: 860
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

smr wrote:
Their was some coverup but you say it was Soviet...where is your proof!



What the heck are you blabbering about? Your statement has nothing to do with what i wrote and makes absolutely no sense.

And nowadays, project mogul is pretty much open knowledge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Mogul


OMG! That's your proof! @Tenshania Have you ever been in the military? ....what to surprise you have not? It's obvious that you do not know how anything works in the military. How many different explanations did they give for Roswell? Swamp Gas, Venus, crash dummies, Japanese chemical warfare balloons, Project Mogul....etc...etc...etc...thank you making laugh so hard that teared up...it was almost as good as the comment that the Swedish Home Guard could kick the US ass. :lol: Seriously, how old are you? Wait, I here the clock winding up and here comes Tenshania reply. Or is this like the time you denied that the Russians were using subs in Swedish waters according to your military sources. Or how the Ukraine, Crimea, and Russia were all Americas fault. Wait here comes the Anti American Rhetoric..... :lol: Or are you going to for the personal attack? Those I relish more than other attacks! Remember I have broad shoulders I can take it!

I get that you do not believe and that the subject is hogwash. Fine so be it. I happen to believe differently due to ufo sighting last year. Does that mean everything is a ufo...no because their is a-lot of mis-identifications, and hoaxes. However, the odds are in my favor that we are being investigated or spied on due to our use of nuclear weapons. That's a warning flag(s) to our galactic neighbors to keep an eye on us assuming their is life in the cosmos. I know the great Tenshania believes that life was created only on Earth and the world is flat(sarcasm!)!
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by Tenshinai   » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:58 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2893
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Sweden

How many different explanations did they give for Roswell?


At the time, one. Now, one. The rest are makebelief crap that only idiots believe in.

it was almost as good as the comment that the Swedish Home Guard could kick the US ass.


You shouldn´t joke about things you have no knowledge or understanding about(guess you´re not allowed to joke at all then though), not to mention throw strawmen around like they were on sale or something.

Of course, that´s the only way you can make an argument. Take something out of context and try to make it into a personal attack.

Or a whole flurry of personal attacks.

Or is this like the time you denied that the Russians were using subs in Swedish waters according to your military sources.


And another round of strawmen stupidity. Maybe you should start quoting people, just to show off to everyone how completely you fail to understand the text you´re replying to?

Or how the Ukraine, Crimea, and Russia were all Americas fault.


And now you´re no longer making any sense. Nothing new about that though.

Or are you going to for the personal attack?


You mean like you? No, i´m not going to be as much of a lowlife as you. I prefer honesty to your kind of personal assault.

However, the odds are in my favor that we are being investigated or spied on due to our use of nuclear weapons.


Riiight... I´d love to make some bets with you if you´re gullible enough to think the odds are that way.

That's a warning flag(s) to our galactic neighbors to keep an eye on us assuming their is life in the cosmos.


*sigh*

Really...

Do you have any idea how NOT FAR you can reliably detect Earth 1940s and 1950s nuclear tests?

Because those are not even big enough to be called drops in an ocean, in fact, even comparing them to water molecules in an ocean would be making them appear too noticeable.

But hey, rational thought is nothing for you right... Much too tiresome.

I know the great Tenshania believes that life was created only on Earth and the world is flat(sarcasm!)!


Maybe you should go find the post where i discuss that fake belief? IIRC i even mentioned the name of the US author that started the "flat earth" myth back in the 19th century or something.

Or maybe it was you. Certainly sounds similar. Except IIRC he did it for fun and dramatisation(he was trying to hype Columbus to make extra sure that USA was the result of divine providence), not because he was stupid enough to believe it.

And maybe you could stop lying about what i´ve said or believe or whatever?

Seriously, either start reading what i say or just piss off and get lost.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:14 am

smr
Commodore

Posts: 860
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

On Netflix their is a program on ufo's called Sirius by Stephen Greer. To me it's a little strange but definitely worth checking out! For me, I think we will see some sort of disclosure about aliens and visitation to Earth. In the next few years the world shall be developing space industry. If their is a UFO coverup it will have to gradually lifted before large scale development of space industry and travel can be developed. Assuming that is correct, I believe in my lifetime we begin to know some of these truths.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by Lord Skimper   » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:40 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1715
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:49 am
Location: Calgary, Nova, Gryphon.

________________________________________
Just don't ask what is in the protein bars.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:43 am

smr
Commodore

Posts: 860
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Apollo 10/Lunar Radio

What an interesting idea, I do not know if this is true but in my mind this is totally cool/farout that the astronauts heard music on their radios while radio transmissions were blocked from Earth!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/apollo-10-astronauts-reported-unexplained-music-at-moon_us_56c80662e4b0928f5a6c0679?ir=Weird+News&section=us_weird-news&utm_hp_ref=weird-news
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by Joat42   » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:16 am

Joat42
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 am
Location: Sweden

smr wrote:Apollo 10/Lunar Radio

What an interesting idea, I do not know if this is true but in my mind this is totally cool/farout that the astronauts heard music on their radios while radio transmissions were blocked from Earth!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/apollo-10-astronauts-reported-unexplained-music-at-moon_us_56c80662e4b0928f5a6c0679?ir=Weird+News&section=us_weird-news&utm_hp_ref=weird-news

I must say it's a bit rich calling it "Music". It sounds very much like the RF broadcasted by a magnetosphere, ie. nothing special.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top

Return to Free-Range Topics...