Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Strange things and UFO's

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by The E   » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:07 am

The E
Admiral

Caliban wrote:However, I will say this: If they're out there, why would they reveal themselves to a Race ( all inclusive, as in 'Human Race') who haven't learned to stop killing themselves on the basis of race, religion, or government? or who are providing them with such entertainment value/ anthropological studies?

Conversely, why wouldn't they contact us?
Post by smr   » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:52 am

smr
Vice Admiral

I do not have the answers just more questions.
Post by Tenshinai   » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:31 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Caliban wrote:
However, I will say this: If they're out there, why would they reveal themselves to a Race ( all inclusive, as in 'Human Race') who haven't learned to stop killing themselves on the basis of race, religion, or government? or who are providing them with such entertainment value/ anthropological studies?

Why would that matter? Why should you make the unfounded assumption that such a thing would matter even the slightest?

#####
SMR wrote:On 1/26/2015 at 5:20 to 5:48 am in Houston, Texas, USA from the TGS 3rd floor building (Clay Road and the Beltway)....I witnessed a UFO with another individual. I had come up to 3rd floor when a colleague stopped and asked me if I saw this stationary light above the horizon in the distance. He was looking towards Katy, Texas and I-10. I saw this huge pulsating light with several small lights moving around the ufo. The big pulsating light winked out a couple of times during the 20-30 minutes viewing. Unfortunately, I had to log onto the computer by 6 am...layoffs are coming and I do not want to draw attention to myself in any negative light or fashion! For me, the ufo question is solved (99% solved) (I leave 1% that it could be something else!) Whatever the object was it was huge! These ufo's were not aircraft because we could see where the airliners traffic pattern was. This object also was so much larger than the small airliners.

*sigh*

Do you have any idea of just how many "NOT UFO" things that it could be that you saw?

There are some somewhat credible "UFO sightings" around, and yours doesn´t even reach the upper 50% of ALL claimed sightings, and doesn´t come even remotely close to credible.
Post by smr   » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:09 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Credible, I just reported what I saw multiple times in a 3 week period with other witnesses. I can not say with a 100% scientific accuracy but I saw a unidentified flying object. The real question was the ufo a terrestrial based object or an extraterrestrial based object? I have only questions...no real answers.

I really do not mind that people are skeptical because I would be skeptical if the roles are reversed. Now, someone in these forums once said trust but verify and that's hard to do in this case. Also, it it hard to believe someone in these forums because a person can not judge body language (80% of communication is non verbal).
Tenshinai wrote:
Caliban wrote:
*sigh*

Do you have any idea of just how many "NOT UFO" things that it could be that you saw?

There are some somewhat credible "UFO sightings" around, and yours doesn´t even reach the upper 50% of ALL claimed sightings, and doesn´t come even remotely close to credible.
Post by TN4994   » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:49 pm

TN4994
Captain of the List

smr wrote: Credible, I just reported what I saw multiple times in a 3 week period with other witnesses. I can not say with a 100% scientific accuracy but I saw a unidentified flying object. The real question was the ufo a terrestrial based object or an extraterrestrial based object? I have only questions...no real answers.

I really do not mind that people are skeptical because I would be skeptical if the roles are reversed. Now, someone in these forums once said trust but verify and that's hard to do in this case. Also, it it hard to believe someone in these forums because a person can not judge body language (80% of communication is non verbal).

Question: Can you or anyone with you identify it? YES/NO
Question: Does it apear to be floating in the air or flying through the air? YES/NO
Question: Does it appear to be a physical object? Yes/No
UFO sightings are either confirmed, unconfirmed, or have a natural or scientific explanation to them. Until it is identified or explained it remains a UFO.
Project Blue Book is dead. Trust us.
Post by Joat42   » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:49 am

Joat42
Admiral

I find it amazing that there is no real good photos/videos of all these UFO-sightings.

Almost everyone has a smartphone today which can take pretty good pictures and video, and yet any image/video material claiming to be of an UFO-sighting is so bad you can't hardly make out anything. Why is that?

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by smr   » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:55 am

smr
Vice Admiral

3rd genernation night gear and thermal cost between $3000 and $6000 for good equipment. The expense is cost prohibitive in my case because I can not justify the cost to the wife and for me to continue to be a happy camper! She who controls the bedroom bliss makes the rules at least in major capital outlays! Then a person has to spend a obscene amount of money on camera technology! Now, if somenone knows a person that is selling good equipment used...just let me know!

Joat42 wrote:I find it amazing that there is no real good photos/videos of all these UFO-sightings.

Almost everyone has a smartphone today which can take pretty good pictures and video, and yet any image/video material claiming to be of an UFO-sighting is so bad you can't hardly make out anything. Why is that?
Post by Daryl   » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:21 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

We bought a "wildlife" camera that can be programmed to automatically take still photos or video, in HD colour or B/W infra red (triggered by IR or movement). Consequentially we have hundreds of good photos of nocturnal rare beasts. It even catches moths. Cost about $150.
Our Android tablets and smart phones have apps that enable IR low light photos as well.

I have seen a UFO, but remember the U stands for unidentified.

smr wrote:3rd genernation night gear and thermal cost between $3000 and $6000 for good equipment. The expense is cost prohibitive in my case because I can not justify the cost to the wife and for me to continue to be a happy camper! She who controls the bedroom bliss makes the rules at least in major capital outlays! Then a person has to spend a obscene amount of money on camera technology! Now, if somenone knows a person that is selling good equipment used...just let me know!

Joat42 wrote:I find it amazing that there is no real good photos/videos of all these UFO-sightings.

Post by Joat42   » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:10 pm

Joat42
Admiral

smr wrote:3rd genernation night gear and thermal cost between $3000 and $6000 for good equipment. The expense is cost prohibitive in my case because I can not justify the cost to the wife and for me to continue to be a happy camper! She who controls the bedroom bliss makes the rules at least in major capital outlays! Then a person has to spend a obscene amount of money on camera technology! Now, if somenone knows a person that is selling good equipment used...just let me know!

You can take night photos with any digital camera, you just have to modify it by removing the IR-filter that they all have. Neigh all CCD's are actually sensitive to IR, you can test this very easily by turning on your smart phone camera or digital camera and point it at a remote control, you will clearly see the IR diode light up if you use the control (which also happens to be a handy way to determine if a remote works).

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Tenshinai   » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:52 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

smr wrote:Credible, I just reported what I saw multiple times in a 3 week period with other witnesses. I can not say with a 100% scientific accuracy but I saw a unidentified flying object. The real question was the ufo a terrestrial based object or an extraterrestrial based object? I have only questions...no real answers.

Body language makes absolutely zero difference.
I don´t care the slightest how trustworthy YOU are in saying what you saw. The question is what DID you see.

It doesn´t matter if you´re the most trustworthy and honest person in the world if you do not have the experience or perceptive ability to actually be able to know what you saw.

In theory i DO have the qualification to figure out what something is, because of my work with photoanalysis, but i can still safely say that 9 out 10 UFO sightings, i would not be able to correctly classify if i saw it myself and couldn´t get a very good picture of it. Because there´s just far too many ways that you can be fooled, or your own mind can fool you. Heck, there´s even people building toy "UFO"s and flying them for fun.

And more than 99% of all UFO sightings are explained, most of them easily, by very mundane or outright boring things.

With ball lightning being about as exciting as it gets, because noone is still certain just how ball lightning truly works, and they sometimes behave in very nonlogical or strange ways. Like for example, sometimes leaving residue, other times not.

The simple fact is that there are thousands of UFO-sightings every year that really are weather balloons, swamp gas, auroras, aircraft and even toy planes and even more ridiculous crap.

Yet those who saw them are often utterly convinced that what they saw, cannot possibly be what it was, as they are unable to accept that things at a distance can look very very weird.

So no, zero "credible".

Return to Free-Range Topics...