Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests

Strange things and UFO's

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:32 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

What about the fragment found in the South Pole that had fossil remains and microscopic life at one within it. Granted the life was microscopic. Sorry, gotta run because my better half is calling. Yeah, she puts up with me!

The E wrote:

Almost absolute proof of nothing in particular. They found a single example of what they believe to be a diatom of extraterrestrial origin. There is no proof offered for this hypothesis beyond two basic assumptions that haven't been verified (Assumption 1, that this was something out of a comet fragment or meteorite reentry, and Assumption 2, that terrestrial diatoms would not be able to stay at high altitude for extended periods of time). In addition, the paper for this research was published in the Journal of Cosmology, a journal that is known for its somewhat lax standards of review, and is consequently not one that is actually taken seriously by most scientists.

Can haz better proof, plz?
Post by Zakharra   » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:45 pm

Zakharra
Captain of the List

smr wrote:What about the fragment found in the South Pole that had fossil remains and microscopic life at one within it. Granted the life was microscopic. Sorry, gotta run because my better half is calling. Yeah, she puts up with me!

What are you talking about? The fossil records of Antarctica? What about them? We know Antarctica used to be in the tropics hundreds of millions of years ago. It's called continental drift and happens, and is still happening.

smr wrote:I believe their was a super advanced civilization before the great flood. We only have myths and legends that refer to the civilization and what seems pre-Egyptian type writing that has been found. This does not mean I am correct. It's only speculation due to most of the evidence being gone.

Tenshinai wrote:Just as a note, in case this hasn´t been posted already:
http://medievalnews.blogspot.se/2009/07 ... xpert.html

Now, anyone who does the research will find that "ancient knowledge" in regards to land masses and sometimes navigation probably was quite a lot better than what is commonly accepted.

THAT, however does not require any sort of "ancient supercivilisations" or anything like it.

For example, enough evidence has been gathered in the last decade that it can no longer be considered stupid or unrealistic to say that the Phoenicians MAY have traded, at least irregularly, with South America.

Citation please.
Post by smr   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:50 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Post by The E   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:45 am

The E
Admiral

See, that's more credible, but it's still just evidence of microbial lifeforms on other planets; It doesn't prove anything about the existance or lack thereof of UFOs.
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:37 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

smr wrote:I believe their was a super advanced civilization before the great flood. We only have myths and legends that refer to the civilization and what seems pre-Egyptian type writing that has been found. This does not mean I am correct. It's only speculation due to most of the evidence being gone.

I'd agree that there probably was a highly advanced civilization by the standards of the times.
Cave-dwellers would gape in astonishment at any building two-stories tall or higher and from that, tales would spread amongst the barbarians of buildings so tall, they supported the heavens themselves.
Plumbing, however basic, would lead to tales of the cityfolk taming the lakes, and thus the oceans themselves.
The use of a pickaxe to break a boulder would lead to stories about people who could slice through mountains with a single strike.
The use of a starmap to navigate would lead to tales about people who sailed through the stars themselves.

Any civilization that was more than basic hunter-gatherer would have been seen as an idyllic utopia by those eking an existence out in the predator-filled jungle. It is from the differences of the day that legends of advanced cultures grew.
Think about what tales the people back then would have about our culture today...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Zakharra   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:50 am

Zakharra
Captain of the List

So? It shows possible microbe/bacterial sized life fossils. Not the signs of a civilization 4.5 billion years ago, just microbes and primitive bacteria, if that.
Post by smr   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:50 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

I think in this respect I was referring to life in general not a civilization. I don't know maybe but I meant life or the ingredients to life.

Zakharra wrote:

So? It shows possible microbe/bacterial sized life fossils. Not the signs of a civilization 4.5 billion years ago, just microbes and primitive bacteria, if that.
Post by hanuman   » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:17 pm

hanuman
Captain of the List

Goddess, I love this shit, I really do...

Here's the thing, a hundred-fifty years ago NO ONE thought it'd ever be possible to leave Earth's atmosphere, never mind travel to the moon. Today? Today, NASA is planning a manned trip to Mars. What's tomorrow going to bring? Who knows? For that matter, who cares? What I do know, is that it'll be exciting and that it'll broaden our understanding of ourselves and our universe.

The point being that there is so much more to discover. It's the purest form of arrogance and imbecility to discount things simply because there is no evidence. We don't know everything and we never will.

On the other hand, it's just as arrogant and imbecilic to accept any kind of claim without evidence. People who do that are essentially saying that they know what they know, and to hell with niggly little things like evidence.

So at the end of the day, we're all arrogant imbeciles. THAT is truth.
Post by Lord Skimper   » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:36 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

That and everything we know now will eventually be proven wrong, by the scientists and scientific method used today to come to these faulty conclusions.

This is of course because the facts of now are true knowlegable beliefs. And what we know to be true, what knowledge we have and most importantly what we believe constantly changes.

Being a proponent of a flawed system, especially if you can't conceive that it has problems or worse deny them makes one an idiot. Be it the flat Earther denying the curvature of the sea ( the stuck in their denial scientist) or the ghost hunter who thinks that the odd flickering of the lights is aunt Mable. Unable to conceive that it could be anything else. Or that the light that flies beside your car isn't just a weather balloon, or an airplane or the football field sized thing that flies behind an airliner, caught on radar but it also is a radar glitch and imagination of a tired aircrew. Big coincidence, football field sized.
Post by The E   » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:18 pm

The E
Admiral

Lord Skimper wrote:That and everything we know now will eventually be proven wrong, by the scientists and scientific method used today to come to these faulty conclusions.

Of course, we can't know that.

Return to Free-Range Topics...