Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 83 guests

Strange things and UFO's

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by Tenshinai   » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:26 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

How much do you know about the Star Wars program that Nato and the US have built?

Actually, surprisingly much. And most of it isn´t very interesting really. Because of a multitude of more or less critical flaws and issues.

How many military space stations have the Western powers built? How many Space stations did the Russians build?

Count. Those are open knowledge. That´s the nice thing about rocket launches, hiding it is bloody damned difficult.

It's easy...talk no funding...talk no pension...

:lol:
You just assume that the world is monolithic and works like in your neighbourhood.

You CAN`T even loose your pension like that here, it´s outright impossible. And trying to tamper with someones pension? The bureacratic firewalls here are massive to the degree that it actually impedes government work quite noticeably at times, but integrity of the system is considered more important.

Same with "funding", the people who might want other results, are not the people who can decide on funding. So bummer, your faerytale conspiracy theory falls apart the moment you start looking internationally.
And internationally you have to look because:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... t_spending
And while USA is a big spender there, it´s also one of the most wasteful spenders.

I see the government can keep a secret when they want to?

Not really. Or more precisely, any secrets that require a lot of people in the know, or secrets that are considered questionable some way, they keep finding their way "out".

And over here, there are even laws to promote "whistleblowing". And this isn´t the only place where such exists.

Remember, we only hear about the Intelligence failures not it's successes!

That´s bollocks. A bit of both tend to be the norm when talking about specific ops.

He then was told that this entire incident was classified and was told never to speak about the subject.

Really. So how did you find out. And how do you know that? Since everyone are so good at keeping secrets i mean...

:roll:
Post by smr   » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:26 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

@The E

Here's a shot from a NASA feed

http://www.chron.com/news/nation-world/space/article/UFO-enthusiasts-rewarded-with-sightings-near-5681390.php

Explain this! I think the object is a UFO. (unidentified flying object or Unidentified space object)
Post by The E   » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:40 am

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:@The E

Here's a shot from a NASA feed

http://www.chron.com/news/nation-world/space/article/UFO-enthusiasts-rewarded-with-sightings-near-5681390.php

Explain this! I think the object is a UFO. (unidentified flying object or Unidentified space object)

You are completely correct, it is an unidentified object. Doesn't mean that aliens are visiting us, though.

Just because this could literally be anything doesn't mean that it has to be the one thing that would instantly vindicate the ET believer crowd.
Post by Emo Otaku   » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:51 am

Emo Otaku
Captain of the List

Its a blurry dot on a zoomed image on a still frame from a webcam

It could be anything from an alien invasion fleet to a speck of paint floating in front of the lens

My guess is that its closer to the latter than the former.
~~~~~~

Sanity is merely the consensus of the Insane
Post by Joat42   » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:07 am

Joat42
Admiral

I'll just leave this link here...

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Tenshinai   » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:05 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:I'll just leave this link here...

And then there´s always also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_canals
By the early 20th century, improved astronomical observations revealed the "canals" to be an optical illusion, and modern high resolution mapping of the Martian surface by spacecraft shows no such features.

The human mind is great at connecting the dots, problem is that it also does it even when there are nothing but dots that are NOT connected.
This works just fine both with optical illusions and with conspiracy theories.
Post by smr   » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:00 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Post by The E   » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:20 am

The E
Admiral

That qualifies as "interesting"? Something that could very well be a camera artefact? The second one in particular looks more like a small object close to the camera than anything else.

The Houston Chronicle just published an article with pictures about a UFO seen over Houston this week.

http://www.chron.com/default/photo/An-apparent-UFO-sighting-over-Houston-on-Aug-11-6731404.php

A single, heavily zoomed in picture and a single sentence counts as an article now?

Look, again, you're completely right, all of these count as Unidentified Flying Objects. But that's all they are. Constructing elaborate hypothesises around these things that involves ridiculously effective coverup operations just isn't warranted.
Post by smr   » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:04 am

smr
Vice Admiral

They had a whole series of pictures in the paper this weekend. I just did a quick search of chron.com. That's the major paper it was published in. The Search engine really sucks. For me it could be highway lights, some photos could have been photoshopped or turned, hoaxes, and some no normal explanation. Some were pretty good shots. If true, I would dearly like to see one in the sky!

The E wrote:

That qualifies as "interesting"? Something that could very well be a camera artefact? The second one in particular looks more like a small object close to the camera than anything else.

The Houston Chronicle just published an article with pictures about a UFO seen over Houston this week.

http://www.chron.com/default/photo/An-apparent-UFO-sighting-over-Houston-on-Aug-11-6731404.php

A single, heavily zoomed in picture and a single sentence counts as an article now?

Look, again, you're completely right, all of these count as Unidentified Flying Objects. But that's all they are. Constructing elaborate hypothesises around these things that involves ridiculously effective coverup operations just isn't warranted.
Post by Lord Skimper   » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:49 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

The problem with sceptics is that they either select believe or they go out and hoax and or deny.

Return to Free-Range Topics...