Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 71 guests

Strange things and UFO's

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:50 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Why should I trust Science and the Peer Review system?

We had global warming and set of scientists that were proclaiming that all the ice sheets would melt...etc...etc...etc... They were caught red-handed falsifying the results to protect their funding and to create a global carbon tax for a global government. They were destroying other scientists in the supposedly unbiased scientific peer review systems.

The world has documented instances where science has failed to live up to their own standards. I apply that to archeology, history, and myriad of other subjects. Maybe, the known history of Earth could or can be different than what the average person is led to believe. The same line of thinking applies to ufo's and alien contact.

Honestly, I would really love to know the truth about a myriad of questions but I am not in know!

Emo Otaku wrote:
Michael Everett wrote:Most societies have people paid to tell those lies.

They are called Teachers.
And they lie to children.

As for the lies? They are how we explain the universe to children and, as they grow up, we replace the starting lies with the more accurate explanations as they mature enough to understand.

Perhaps some day we will fully understand the universe.

This is an example of one such lie,

when I was a lad, we were taught that ol' Chris Columbus set off on his voyage of discovery despite the learned men and church of the time telling him the earth was flat.

This is not exactly the case, these learned men new the earth was round, and actually had a fairly close idea of its size.

The main problem they had with the voyage was that Chris and all of his crews would have staved to death LONG before they reached India (which was what they where trying to do), and it was only the accidental discovery of the Americas that saved them.

And I would guess that this version is also wrong on several important aspects of the events
Post by The E   » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:06 am

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:Why should I trust Science and the Peer Review system?

Why should we trust your beliefs? The scientific method isn't perfect, because scientists are merely human, but as a whole, it comes closer to getting an accurate picture of the world as it is than your method, which seems to be "Here's something I think is true, therefore it must be true and evidence to support it must exist, I just have to find it".
Post by smr   » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:44 am

smr
Vice Admiral

The principles of the scientific theory are fine but we have seen people within the system lie, cheat, and steal in the name of science or to protect their lifestyle. How many times has this happened in a variety of subjects? Our myths and legends (Myths and Legends usually have a basis of reality) are full of magic (could magic be another name for some type of technology). I am just pointing out Government scientists around the world conspired to hide the truth. If they will do that for global warming...what about ufo's, alien life, or previous civilizations? The information can be suppressed or ridiculed. How many scientists are keeping quiet because of reactions of his or her colleagues, neighbors, and fellow scientists?

You assume I am wrong...I really do not know. Because of your own innate bias and prejudices concerning the topics how can objective? I do not need a sceptic or a believer. What is really needed is someone who has no opinion either way!

The E wrote:

Why should we trust your beliefs? The scientific method isn't perfect, because scientists are merely human, but as a whole, it comes closer to getting an accurate picture of the world as it is than your method, which seems to be "Here's something I think is true, therefore it must be true and evidence to support it must exist, I just have to find it".
Post by The E   » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:07 am

The E
Admiral

Look, smr, I'm truly sorry, but this is not a topic I can productively discuss with you. Your beliefs are so antithetical to mine on these issues that we just end up shouting our opinions at each other, and noone, least of all this forum, will benefit from that.
Post by Lord Skimper   » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:09 am

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

Archaeology has some hair brained and strange ideas. They just make stuff up all the time to make it fit with their pre conceived ideas. Having studied Archaeology I actually went to England to continue but had Elbow and Knee surgery, at the same time, and couldn't dig in the ground and ended up not at University College London but in another place nearby studying Philosophy instead.

Hmm I wonder if I'll ever get to Greece or Egypt?

Are UFOs Aliens? I don't know and neither do you, either way. I do know what I saw and it was strange. I do know that if what others have seen what they say, it looks more like Aliens than Russians. Or even the French.

Less likely that a 747 flying over Alaska is going to be followed by a 3 aircraft carrier sized weather balloon that it can't shake with course corrections or Venus.
Post by Zakharra   » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:34 am

Zakharra
Captain of the List

smr wrote:The principles of the scientific theory are fine but we have seen people within the system lie, cheat, and steal in the name of science or to protect their lifestyle. How many times has this happened in a variety of subjects? Our myths and legends (Myths and Legends usually have a basis of reality) are full of magic (could magic be another name for some type of technology). I am just pointing out Government scientists around the world conspired to hide the truth. If they will do that for global warming...what about ufo's, alien life, or previous civilizations? The information can be suppressed or ridiculed. How many scientists are keeping quiet because of reactions of his or her colleagues, neighbors, and fellow scientists?

You assume I am wrong...I really do not know. Because of your own innate bias and prejudices concerning the topics how can objective? I do not need a sceptic or a believer. What is really needed is someone who has no opinion either way!

The E wrote:Why should I trust Science and the Peer Review system?

No. You're wanting to replace the scientific beliefs with your own and call them good. you're wanting someone willing to toss aside tried and true scientific method for insane sounding ideas.

As for the 'I am just pointing out Government scientists around the world conspired to hide the truth.' there's a small problem with that and with scientists holding onto ufo's, alien life, or previous civilizations or other things.. It would get out. There's no way those things could be kept secret in todays society. It would require unparalleled numbers of scientists, of humans beings, hundreds to hundreds of thousands to millions, being willing to keep their mouths shut. No one, no one can keep any secret with that many people knowing it. Look at the secrets leaking in the intelligence field all the time. It's damned near impossible to keep secrets if they are known by more than a certain small number of people. Why? Because someone will always talk. Always. Yet you're saying that somehow all of these millions of scientists are successfully keeping numerous secrets from the world public and keeping ancient civilizations hidden away from any scrutiny? Sorry, you sound like a crackpot more than a rational man.
Post by Lord Skimper   » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:44 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

I saw a great video on UFO's and what the majority of them really are.

It is 100 minutes long so be warned.

However some things really are unknowns and what those are is never addressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdO84AvzJMA

it is a good video at least as good as any other explanation. (I just found out I've been spelling Explaination wrong.)

Another good one, bit more speculative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVCd50LXPGY
Post by Lord Skimper   » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:34 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

Had another weird thing happen yesterday. Just a little thing that just doesn't make sense. I was opening a bag of chips when I watched a little dot, i thought a little burnt chip fragment, skid past me and land on the edge of the otherwise clean sink.

I opened the bag and poured some into a bowl, but when I went to sweep the fragment into the sink I found it wasn't a fragment but some kind of dripping that couldn't be swept away and is really hard to scrub away. Looks like it is burnt on.

I just can't figure out how I could see it skid past while opening the chip bag. If it was just there that would be fine, strange as I haven't cooked anything for over a week. If it was a chip fragment I also wouldn't have thought anything of it, but it isn't.

One of those little things that makes no sense. Almost not worth mentioning.

Makes me wonder if there is more going on with reality than what we can see?
Post by Spacekiwi   » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:16 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Because they weren't lying, they were exaggerating, or trying to draw potential preliminary thoughts on what was happening, and how best to get the data to actually be readable, and it got blown out or proportion. And even without all the controversial evidence, there is still an overwhelming evidence pile that says it is happening, just not quite as fast as predicted, due to problems with parts of the models, and that no model can hold the entire picture at the moment.

Yes, individual scientists, or maybe even groups of scientists behaving as fallible humans, but overall the direction of the science and the knowledge gained by science was shown to be true.

You ask why you should trust scientific systems? Because even at its worst, it is still more unbiased and better at finding the truth then any other system of behaviour or belief at its best.

We had global warming and set of scientists that were proclaiming that all the ice sheets would melt...etc...etc...etc... They were caught red-handed falsifying the results to protect their funding and to create a global carbon tax for a global government. They were destroying other scientists in the supposedly unbiased scientific peer review systems.

The world has documented instances where science has failed to live up to their own standards. I apply that to archeology, history, and myriad of other subjects. Maybe, the known history of Earth could or can be different than what the average person is led to believe. The same line of thinking applies to ufo's and alien contact.

Honestly, I would really love to know the truth about a myriad of questions but I am not in know!
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by smr   » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:44 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Take the incident with the Japanese cargo 747 aircraft, the captain was given a desk for the rest of his career. The copilot confirmed his story to the FAA but nothing happened to him because he refused to speak on the record to the media. A FAA administrator gathered all the radar data and made backups of the information. He then went to the White House and delivered the information to WH scientists. The FAA administrator went a gave a full presentation about incident. At the end of the meeting, the CIA representative gathered all the information and evidence about the event. He then was told that this entire incident was classified and was told never to speak about the subject.

It's funny people say how could the government keep an incident like this secret. It's easy...talk no funding...talk no pension...If does not make the
media most people forget about it. A person only hears about incident when their is an intelligence failure or leak. Many leaks or whistleblowers are ignored by own media for a variety of reasons. How much do you know about the Star Wars program that Nato and the US have built? How many military space stations have the Western powers built? How many Space stations did the Russians build?

I see the government can keep a secret when they want to? Remember, we only hear about the Intelligence failures not it's successes!

Spacekiwi wrote:Because they weren't lying, they were exaggerating, or trying to draw potential preliminary thoughts on what was happening, and how best to get the data to actually be readable, and it got blown out or proportion. And even without all the controversial evidence, there is still an overwhelming evidence pile that says it is happening, just not quite as fast as predicted, due to problems with parts of the models, and that no model can hold the entire picture at the moment.

Yes, individual scientists, or maybe even groups of scientists behaving as fallible humans, but overall the direction of the science and the knowledge gained by science was shown to be true.

You ask why you should trust scientific systems? Because even at its worst, it is still more unbiased and better at finding the truth then any other system of behaviour or belief at its best.

Return to Free-Range Topics...