Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Strange things and UFO's

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by The E   » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:56 am

The E
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1979
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

Joat42 wrote:
smr wrote:Apollo 10/Lunar Radio

What an interesting idea, I do not know if this is true but in my mind this is totally cool/farout that the astronauts heard music on their radios while radio transmissions were blocked from Earth!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/apollo-10-astronauts-reported-unexplained-music-at-moon_us_56c80662e4b0928f5a6c0679?ir=Weird+News&section=us_weird-news&utm_hp_ref=weird-news

I must say it's a bit rich calling it "Music". It sounds very much like the RF broadcasted by a magnetosphere, ie. nothing special.


It is RF interference, at least according to NASA and George Cernan (LM Pilot on Apollo 10).

But hey, never let official statements get in the way of a good UFO story!
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:02 pm

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

@The E

Your an idiot...did I not say that I do no know if this is true. Hmmm! Yes! Please learn to read! As far as you saying that's RF interference...I can not say what it was. I believe that's an interesting idea...no more and no less.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by The E   » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:58 am

The E
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1979
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

I am very sorry that in a thread dedicated to silly conspiracy theories, where more than one regular poster has decided to turn every single piece of "strange" footage no matter how explainable it is into proof of his theories, a post like yours using the same phrasing as those conspiracy theories was read by me as an intro to yet another conspiracy theory.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:25 am

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

It's funny that you label me a conspiracy theorist in an attempt to marginalize whatever I say. Correct me if I am wrong but this sci fi forum rather than a science journal. If for some reason my postings threaten your reality or you just think I am idiot, please by all means ignore me. Have a nice day from the guy with silly conspiracy theories!

The E wrote:I am very sorry that in a thread dedicated to silly conspiracy theories, where more than one regular poster has decided to turn every single piece of "strange" footage no matter how explainable it is into proof of his theories, a post like yours using the same phrasing as those conspiracy theories was read by me as an intro to yet another conspiracy theory.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by The E   » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:40 am

The E
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1979
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

smr wrote:It's funny that you label me a conspiracy theorist in an attempt to marginalize whatever I say. Correct me if I am wrong but this sci fi forum rather than a science journal. If for some reason my postings threaten your reality or you just think I am idiot, please by all means ignore me. Have a nice day from the guy with silly conspiracy theories!


Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are a conspiracy theorist. As in, you do believe in conspiracy theories and actually manufacture your own?

You believe in things without any solid evidence. You believe that the governments of this world are engaged in a massive coverup operation to hide anything from advances in aeronautics (plausible) to discoveries of intelligent alien life (implausible).

For reference, you said this:
I believe their is other planets in this universe that contain life. My conclusions are:

1) The Universe is teeming with Life.

2) The Earth is being visited!

3) The information is being suppressed!

4) I think the government(s) would really love to know why this is happening.

5) The government will never admit to existence of extra terrestrial life.

6) Many UFO's are actually terrestrial based back engineered crafts.

7) Many these incidents are hoax's but some these incidents can not be disproved.


Case closed. You are a conspiracy theorist. As such, and given that you seem to follow all the stereotypes associated with them (a lack of willingness to examine your core axioms, a proven preference to use evidence that contradicts your theories as proof for the validity of your theories), I feel safe in labelling you as such.

In conclusion: If you think my insistence that you actually provide tangible proof for your theories is me marginalizing you, what does that say about you and your theories?
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by cthia   » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:12 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 10460
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

I've been keeping an eye on this thread. *Actually, I attempted to initiate discussion in this area51 by creating a similar thread because I didn't know this one existed. Yet, Lord Skimper was kind enough - thank God - to indicate that he'd already began a thread like so.

Whew, because I really wasn't sure I wanted to go there. Actually, I'm sure that I didn't. And don't. And won't!

I've seen things. When I was a teenager... that frightened the hell out of a group of kids. Four of us. One kid never showed back up at school. We never saw him again. He was the most outwardly shaken. I'd like to say that he was terrified. Yet we all were! We froze in our shoes before adrenaline and wobbly legs allowed us to run like hell! To this day we don't know what ever happened to him.


No, the story I won't share. Not because I don't think you'd believe it. In fact, I'm pretty sure you won't. But it is not what any of you think that concerns me. I'm afraid that the wrong or right somebody will believe me. And I don't need any schit in my life.


I will say that I'm way past arguing about or believing in UFOs! Of course they exist! Extraterrestrial in origin too! But what is important is that there are aliens already on Earth and I believe have been living here for centuries! I don't think these UFOs are visiting Earth, per se, they are visiting themselves!


Someone asked in a post, "Why don't more people come forward if it's true?"

Fear. Mind conditioning. Fear. Caution. Not wanting to be ostracized. Fear.

I wonder how many people who do not believe in UFOs of the extraterrestrial type, or aliens on Earth, have actually had encounters themselves, yet memory wipes or the more natural, fear-induced wipes were more effective in their case?


A lot of the more revealing stuff will never be shared by many people on Earth. Fear is real. So is caution. Besides, who on Earth will believe us.

I've edited this post before posting. Fear.


* viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5803

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by The E   » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:16 am

The E
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1979
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

cthia wrote:I will say that I'm way past arguing about or believing in UFOs! Of course they exist! Extraterrestrial in origin too! But what is important is that there are aliens already on Earth and I believe have been living here for centuries! I don't think these UFOs are visiting Earth, per se, they are visiting themselves!


Yeah, see, you say that, and I completely believe that you believe what you're saying, but what evidence do you have? What proof is there for your belief?

The thing is, I remember vividly this one time I was on a school trip. The hotel we were staying at had a marvellous location, overlooking a valley. In the morning, when we woke up, we saw clouds down in the valley slowly creeping up. Me and a couple others got real frightened, because we had no idea what the fuck we were seeing there; the best explanation we had was that surely that forest was on fire and we would all die. So we panicked.

In this discussion, the thing I keep coming back to is this question: Can you absolutely rule out all other explanations for whatever it is you saw? Every single piece of "evidence" smr, Skimper et al have posted here can be explained within the boundaries of consensus reality; what makes you so sure that your experience falls outside of it?

Someone asked in a post, "Why don't more people come forward if it's true?"

Fear. Mind conditioning. Fear. Caution. Not wanting to be ostracized. Fear.

I wonder how many people who do not believe in UFOs of the extraterrestrial type, or aliens on Earth, have actually had encounters themselves, yet memory wipes or the more natural, fear-induced wipes were more effective in their case?


This is conspiracy theory bullshit. You're taking the absence of evidence (even assuming eyewitnesses were reliable sources of evidence) as evidence of a presence; this is so far beyond the boundaries of good reasoning that it's squarely in "not even wrong" territory.
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:21 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 10460
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Sorry, I deleted the post - decided to err on the side of caution. The fear is real.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by John Prigent   » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:10 pm

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Posts: 592
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:05 am
Location: Sussex, England

Well, if you want uncanny experiences try mine. Back about 1960 I was in Dorset as a British Army regular. Our base was a wartime hutted camp. One rainy dark night I left my fellow hutmates at the NAAFI (I think you Americans call it a PX?) and went back to our hut to fetch something. But the door was stuck, with no movement - wooden hut, wooden door, wooden frame, damp night, not really surprising. So, clowning around, I stopped pulling and instead solemnly knocked three times and declaimed 'open in the name of Beelzebub'. Guess what, the door swung open. No, there wasn't anybody in the hut laughing at me, and nothing to hold the door closed. If it was a prank, why did my friends never mention it? That mob would have found it hilarious and never stopped reminding me of it.
Cheers
John
Top
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by smr   » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:35 am

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1083
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Wow! This guy is truly a great con artist or he's telling the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3prGHzx3qo

This video will have you think about current reality and life in a whole different way! This video takes an hour, so please do not comment on this video without fully watching the contents. ;)
Top

Return to Free-Range Topics...