Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 35 guests

Strange things and UFO's

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Strange things and UFO's
Post by The E   » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:11 pm

The E
Admiral

Lord Skimper wrote:The problem with sceptics is that they either select believe or they go out and hoax and or deny.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Eyewitness reports and photographs/films (which are both easily falsified or misinterpreted) do not count as such.
Post by Tenshinai   » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:33 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

The E wrote:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Eyewitness reports and photographs/films (which are both easily falsified or misinterpreted) do not count as such.

Or at the very least not evidence to the contrary...
Post by smr   » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:25 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

@ The E

I noticed that when linked to archives of NASA on UFO's that were pretty clear and were strange (note: actual footage from NASA missions). No comment on those but I post about blurry photos. Inconsistent?

I never have met an alien or seen UFO but I believe that they exist or least potentially exist. Most events can be explained with 98% rational explanations. That last 1 to 2% which is unexplainable or has no rational/scientific explanation. We have governments that admit to UFOs and study them Chile, Brazil, UK, France, Belgium, Netherlands...etc...etc...etc

These countries do not define what the UFOs are but say the phenomenon is real. They do not disclose military type of events. We have a world wide type of events happening and multiple governments studying the phenomenon.

@The E

What is your reaction to multiple governments that admit to some type of ufo phenomenon and that they are actively studying them?
Post by The E   » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:56 am

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:@The E

What is your reaction to multiple governments that admit to some type of ufo phenomenon and that they are actively studying them?

Oh for the love of kittens.

Of course governments are studying unidentified flying objects. After all, knowing what's flying around out there is kind of important.

But that does not mean that extraterrestrial intelligences are involved in any of it.

My whole point is that "unidentified" does mean only that. It does not mean "unidentified, so probably aliens", or "unidentified, so probably black UN helicopters abducting our cows". More often than not, it turns out that those unidentified flying objects are misinterpretations by the observers.

Earlier in this thread, I laid out precisely what I need to see in order to start jumping on the ET hype train. Nothing you've produced so far has fulfilled the criteria I laid out there.

See, I don't care where you got your pictures from. Pictures, by themselves, are not evidence. You finding something on a NASA picture that you, or others in the UFO community, can't identify doesn't mean that it's a sign of some big conspiracy.
Post by Daryl   » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:46 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I have seen a UFO. Big scary inexplicable UFO that scrambled my car radio, and didn't seem to obey our laws of physics.
Happy to declare that I have seen an Unidentified Flying Object, not prepared to say that it was an alien spacecraft. On reflection after 45 years it did somewhat resemble drawings I've seen of Hexapuma or Nike.
Post by smr   » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:40 am

smr
Vice Admiral

:lol: Thank you for the laughs @Daryl.
Post by Lord Skimper   » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:10 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

Post by Lord Skimper   » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

Lord Skimper wrote:http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.223/russia-orders-obama-tell-world-about-aliens-or-we-will.html

Can't find any mention of this in any main stream media including the Russian ones.
Post by Zakharra   » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Zakharra
Captain of the List

One thing I have always wondered about those who believe aliens are flying around the Earth and stealing cows to dissect and rednecks to probe and crops to carve cryptic symbols in; why in all that you believe would aliens be doing that? What are they? Teenagers on a joyride on an alien planet? Even with alien logic, it's damned hard to call any of that rational or reasonable, especially if they can understand our media. It would be damned foolish and insanely stupid of them to be doing that. Unless they are irresponsible teenagers out trolling the ignorant earthlings...

For a race that is capable of building interstellar transportation, I can't bring myself to believe they'd do such juvenile things like that (the cows, rednecks and crop circles and crap like that) for so many decades.
Post by Northstar   » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:37 pm

Northstar
Rear Admiral

Zakharra wrote:One thing I have always wondered about those who believe aliens are flying around the Earth and stealing cows to dissect and rednecks to probe and crops to carve cryptic symbols in; why in all that you believe would aliens be doing that? What are they? Teenagers on a joyride on an alien planet? Even with alien logic, it's damned hard to call any of that rational or reasonable, especially if they can understand our media. It would be damned foolish and insanely stupid of them to be doing that. Unless they are irresponsible teenagers out trolling the ignorant earthlings...

For a race that is capable of building interstellar transportation, I can't bring myself to believe they'd do such juvenile things like that (the cows, rednecks and crop circles and crap like that) for so many decades.

Precisely and yet the weird tales continue and while most of them are simple mistakes or deliberate hoaxes or the delusions of persons who need their meds adjusted, this is not true for all of them. Do I have an opinion one way or the other? Nope. All goes in the 'loch ness file' of insufficient data to draw any conclusions one way or the other.

My younger daughter has claimed for a long time she and her girlfriend saw a UFO -one called the other to look out the window- and watched it from their own bedrooms, a couple miles apart, for some time one night, back in the early 90s. This was told me perfectly seriously the next morning. eh. She's a levelheaded gal, and always has been. I am far far flakier than either her or her friend. :D

Among my fave comments on this stuff. The US Government denies the existence of UFOs because they know perfectly well what they are, ergo they are not 'unidentified' :twisted:

We happen to be in a sort of Pacific Ocean emptiness in this part of the galaxy and therefore we are Guam, the layover planet, and what folks see, some of them, are indeed various joyriders and other tourist dorks, yahoos, and drunks doodling off for who knows what reason. :lol: Or perhaps there are aliens who get off on both cow sushi and scaring the living crap out of ranchers... because some of them have been terrified by this crap and that is no one sane's idea of funny. My astronomy is too weak to judge the accuracy of the Guam in Space aspect of this theory, but it is my personal favorite. :ugeek:

Return to Free-Range Topics...