Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Ranting about Microsoft and Tech Support in India

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: Ranting about Microsoft and Tech Support in India
Post by smr   » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:58 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

I just bought a 27 inch computer monitor for $20. The brand is AOG from Amazon on December 26th. 8-)
Post by smr   » Wed May 24, 2017 5:37 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

I have had a problem with my download speed on my internet connection. My ISP is suddenlink on a cable connection.

1) At my gaming router is 50 Mbps download. When I move to the bedroom, (I am using power adapter download speed 100 Mbps) the speed drops by 3/4's. Literally a wall divides my computer from main cable connection. At my main computer, the download speed is 10 Mbps. Changed the cables from cat 5 to cat 6. No real speed improvement. Edited win10's registry same result.

2) To correct this problem, my solution was to order a usb wireless internet adapter to run off the gaming wireless router. The usb wireless network card will not install on the computer. My solution was to download the drivers from Cisco...still a no go! Back goes the equipment.

3) So I ordered 2 new power adapters with a rated speed of 2000 Mbps download speed. Hopefully this will solve my problem. Sometimes a person needs to update old technology to new technology to maximize current technology. This grates on my nerves because I just don't want to spend the money to upgrade power adapters because they cost about a $100 but I want the speed improvement due to work and gaming online. Until my power adapters arrive from amazon.

4) So the 2 new power adapters just came on May 26, 2017. The installation took about 5 minutes. Next, speed test from time warner shows my internet connection speed at 50 Mbps to 51 Mbps download speed with no improvement on upload speed of 5 Mbps. As a result, my download speed has dramatically improved. Now, I know what my son will want for his birthday! 8-)
Post by Imaginos1892   » Sun May 28, 2017 10:53 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

smr wrote:I just bought a 27 inch computer monitor for $20. The brand is AOG from Amazon on December 26th. 8-)

That couldn't be Army Of God brand, could it?
That couldn't be the Order Of Scheuler knocking...
---------------
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!
Post by smr   » Mon May 29, 2017 5:04 am

smr
Vice Admiral

AOC sorry about that but your reply resulted in a grin ear to ear! :lol: In God we trust!

Imaginos1892 wrote:
smr wrote:I just bought a 27 inch computer monitor for $20. The brand is AOG from Amazon on December 26th. 8-)

That couldn't be Army Of God brand, could it?
That couldn't be the Order Of Scheuler knocking...
---------------
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

Return to Free-Range Topics...