Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests

Mar 6, 2024 Facebook update from RFC

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Mar 6, 2024 Facebook update from RFC
Post by UncleFrank   » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:26 pm

UncleFrank
Midshipman

Okay. One more time. Everything is still in play except Empire of Man. Given a succession of health issues — concussion, two bouts of Covid, long duration covid, Sharon’s cancer bout, etc. — and the fact that I am now 71, my production rate is not what it once was, but I am still writing and currently have several projects in the queue.

I am finishing up my portion of the fifth Star Kingdom novel. This book has been hit exceptionally hard by health delays which were definitely not Jane Lindskold’s fault. Then I am making a guest writing appearance in Chuck Gannon’s Caine Riordan universe.

If you’ve been paying attention elsewhere, Marisa Wolf and I are currently ramping up to complete the Crown of Slaves/Alignment story arc following Eric’s death. As things stand now, the first novel in that project will probably launch the next generation of Harringtons’ story arc, as well. And Jacob Holo and I are simultaneously in development on the life of Edward Saganami while Jan Kotouč is working on the story of the Star Empire in the Silesian Confederacy.

I would point out in passing that as far as I am concerned I wrapped the original story arc I had planned for Honor herself in UNCOMPROMISING HONOR. Actually, she was supposed to have died before that point in my original plan for the series, but stuff happened that changed the storyline. I more or less brought her out of retirement in END IN FIRE, but she was right when she told Elizabeth 40 years of active duty was enough, at least for a while.

Joelle has completed her part of the next Multiverse novel; the delay there is on me, but that is a series where the timing on the Covid hit me especially hard and it is a VERY time intensive universe. I am not positive when I will be able to get to it, but it is definitely ongoing.

My next solo project is Safehold. The one after that is the sequel to Sword of the South. I had thought I’d be working on Safehold by now, but real life got in the way (again).

And I am taking steps to find the right people to take care of unfinished series—with extensive notes from me—if something DOES prevent me from finishing them myself.

And that’s about the best I can do, folks!

Return to Free-Range Topics...