Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

Why no mention of Gordon R. Dickson.

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Why no mention of Gordon R. Dickson.
Post by Tony Durbacz   » Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:02 pm

Tony Durbacz
Midshipman

As a long time Sci-Fi reader (I'm 72) I very much enjoy David Weber's work. As a fan of Robert Heinlein, I just purchased "The Pursuit of the Pankera" in which David wrote the Introduction. He lists most of my favourite old time authors that influenced his writing but makes no mention of Gordon Dickson who wrote some great Military Sci-Fi including Dorsai, Tactics of Mistake ....
Given David's interest military output, I would have thought that Dickson was also a strong influence. Am I wrong?
Re: Why no mention of Gordon R. Dickson.
Post by sonex   » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:25 am

sonex
Lieutenant Commander

Tony Durbacz wrote:As a long time Sci-Fi reader (I'm 72) I very much enjoy David Weber's work. As a fan of Robert Heinlein, I just purchased "The Pursuit of the Pankera" in which David wrote the Introduction. He lists most of my favourite old time authors that influenced his writing but makes no mention of Gordon Dickson who wrote some great Military Sci-Fi including Dorsai, Tactics of Mistake ....
Given David's interest military output, I would have thought that Dickson was also a strong influence. Am I wrong?

Gordon was one of my 60 favorite authors.
Maybe David has had just too much on his mind most of the time.
I've read only two of his series, but look at how many he has!
I give him a "PASS". :)
:geek: 85 and still reading
Honor Harrington and Safehold nut.

Return to Free-Range Topics...