Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

O C D

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
O C D
Post by cthia   » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:35 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Anyone have any obsessive compulsive disorders? I'm not asking you to be specific.

When I was younger I did. I had to touch things an even number of times. They say most people eventually grow our of it. I did. Laziness broke mine. That and the fact it isn't practical in my field.

I like, no, love, women's tennis. Have you ever watched Maria Sharapova? That woman must tire herself out with her ritual after each point.

She's not alone in the tennis world. Rafael Nadal looks like he's giving instructions to a Tomcat about to launch off the ship, or a baseball manager who's sending instructions to every member of the team.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Re: O C D
Post by Daryl   » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:08 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I don't have any serious ones, touch wood. I've used the same Lotto numbers for decades, as I just know they will come up immediately after I stop.
I worked for a boss once who had to wash his hands for 15 minutes after visiting the urinal. Not surprisingly he never married.
Post by cthia   » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:50 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

One more I had totally forgotten. When I was a little kid sucking snot, I had a habit of walking with my head down. It was because I hated stepping on pill bugs. The little suckers pop. They were abundant a few hands ago.

About the touching things twice. I had to kiss girls at least twice. It was to satisfy my OCD, they thought it was to satisfy me. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:21 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Me. Still have it now, albeit in controllable form.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by edgeworthy   » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:43 pm

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

My Anxiety tends to lead to very similar behaviour.

(The really fun part is that my Dentist can spot the symptoms, however my own family seem to lack any awareness)
Post by Annachie   » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:32 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Right shoe goes on first. Right sock/stocking too.

Even if I'm putting them on someone else.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:02 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:Right shoe goes on first. Right sock/stocking too.

Even if I'm putting them on someone else.

We couldn't have dated in my younger days. My OCD says left for everything first. If you put my right one on, you'd have to remove it, put it on my left, take it off, then put it back on my left, to even the score when you put it back on the right. :lol:

Dating you would have been too much trouble. Two OCD's together?

Post by cthia   » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:47 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie, is that particular manifestation of OCD a result of you being left handed? If so, I never would have considered that OCD may be dominant hand dependent.

Post by orelsi   » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:30 pm

orelsi
Ensign

Not sure if was OCD, but I used to add up the numbers on car plates as a kid. It got to a point where I could see any combination and immediately know the number without the need to add it up. Never bothered me or anything like that, just a weird thing I did.
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:52 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Just as a heads-up, the symptoms of Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD) are...
A: A preoccupation with remembering and paying attention to minute details and facts

B: An insistence on following rules and regulations

C: A compulsion to make lists and schedules

D: Rigidity/inflexibility of beliefs

E: Perfectionist tendencies that interfere with task-completion.

F: Denial - An insistence that they are not the ones with the problem; that if everyone else would just adhere to their rules everything would be fine.

I've found myself edging too close to those for comfort on occasion. Even now, I test that I've locked the front door twice as I leave the house.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Free-Range Topics...