Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests

A Floating Chernobyl?

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: A Floating Chernobyl?
Post by cthia   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:31 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Jonathan_S wrote:Article claims this is the worlds first floating nuclear reactor. Even ignoring all the reactors used to power ships they overlook the MH-1A - a pressurized water reactor the US built into a converted Liberty ship in the 60s and used to provide power to the Panama Canal zone into the mid 70s.

So the Russian's new floating pressurized water reactors are hardly the first. That doesn't mean that Russia will operate them safely; even ignoring Chernobyl the USSR and Russia have had a worse nuclear power safety record than the US - but it does mean the writers of the article didn't do their research.

Hell no they won't operate them safely. The Russians oftentimes act like a third world country. Dilandu charges me with holding the present Russia capable of the chaos of the past. I didn't know there was a difference. How quickly we forget. Budget cuts was responsible for sinking the pride of their nuclear fleet? What happens when these same budget cuts affect this Floating Chernobyl? Not too far-fetched when it affected the pride of their fleet.

MY WHOLE PROBLEM is they cannot be trusted to operate safely, certainly not with their track record. And even if they do, permanently operating on the ocean is asking mother nature to slap the shit out of them while the Demon Murphy laughs.

Not in the Arctic, where pristine fish live. AND. AND, if a problem does occur. We can't count on the Russians' morals, scruples and values to give the world full disclosure.

Refusing foreign help to rescue the doomed soldiers onboard Kursk, is just about how much WE can trust them. Their own soldiers could not trust them. Was Russia still in a state of chaos in the year 2000? Palease.

Why why why, in such a pristine piece of land historically free from the foibles of man. I hear you sea life ...

"There goes the neighborhood."

You first heard the news here on W-CTHIA of an inevitable disaster.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:57 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

cthia wrote:

Hell no they won't operate them safely. The Russians oftentimes act like a third world country. Dilandu charges me with holding the present Russia capable of the chaos of the past. I didn't know there was a difference.

Three different peoples are trying to explain you - in details - that you are wrong, and exactly why. All you are doing is rambling about how you hate everything Russian, how Russians are untrustworthy, how you could not rely on them, because Russian girl dumped you one time (and I think I knew why).

cthia wrote:Refusing foreign help to rescue the doomed soldiers onboard Kursk,

They were already dead. The analysis of auxiliary air regeneration systems showed that they did not replace the absorbing cartridges. A cartridge is designed to be replaced every eight hours. Therefore they did not live more than 8 hours after disaster.

You just bigot and really have no shame. You are dragging our dead men into justifying your hatred for my country. Could you please shut up?
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by cthia   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:29 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
cthia wrote:

Hell no they won't operate them safely. The Russians oftentimes act like a third world country. Dilandu charges me with holding the present Russia capable of the chaos of the past. I didn't know there was a difference.

Three different peoples are trying to explain you - in details - that you are wrong, and exactly why. All you are doing is rambling about how you hate everything Russian, how Russians are untrustworthy, how you could not rely on them, because Russian girl dumped you one time (and I think I knew why).
LOL

You got me there. I WAS DUMPED. Not once. But twice by two different Russian beauties. The first time I deserved it too. The second girl chose to leave the States over me. She didn't want to leave her friends and family. I can understand that. I could have chose to follow her.

BUT! I don't give aratsass about what other people think about the safety of this project or it's danger to that pristine environment.

cthia wrote:Refusing foreign help to rescue the doomed soldiers onboard Kursk,

Dilandu wrote:They were already dead. The analysis of auxiliary air regeneration systems showed that they did not replace the absorbing cartridges. A cartridge is designed to be replaced every eight hours. Therefore they did not live more than 8 hours after disaster.
:roll:

Oh please! You didn't even try. The analysis came AFTER the fact! Because the world was watching and couldn't believe Russia's insensitivity!!! Putin was on vacation and wouldn't even return! Russia flat out refused help from the Brits and Norwegians for FIVE WHOLE DAYS while the entire world prayed. The Brits had a diving dirigible that could reach that depth. Russia didn't have the proper diving equipment. And you didn't give a shit about those lives. You wouldn't even allow the rescue teams BEGGING RUSSIA TO LET THEM HELP, try!!! UNTIL AFTER FIVE DAYS. Yes, the crew was dead then for damn sure.

"Aww, they're dead."

Yes, after five fricking days twiddling your thumbs!

Dilandu wrote:You just bigot and really have no shame. You are dragging our dead men into justifying your hatred for my country. Could you please shut up?

Bigots don't usually fall in love with the people they hate. Dragging dead men? The entire world wanted to drag them out of that damn doomed sub!

Scram that reactor permanently and I'll shut up.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Dilandu   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:45 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

cthia wrote:Scram that reactor permanently and I'll shut up.

Do world a favour and just shut up. It would be the most sencible thing you probably done in you whole life.

Post by cthia   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:52 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
cthia wrote:Scram that reactor permanently and I'll shut up.

Do world a favour and just shut up. It would be the most sencible thing you probably done in you whole life.

"Just shut up."

That is the same thing the asshole in charge of Chernobyl told the good people trying to warn him about carrying out that test!

Luckily, I live in America. Bite me!

Post by Dilandu   » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:17 pm

Dilandu
Admiral

cthia wrote:
Luckily, I live in America. Bite me!

Hm...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_r ... ted_States

Actually, in therms of nuclear safety, you probably be much safer living in Russia... :D

Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:30 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

So you've pointed out that operating these things aren't exactly safe in the US either. Guess what? It's happening all over the world. At least America is transparent about it's accidents. I think I'll remain here in America.

If various track records show no country has a handle on safety on dry land, why juggle nitro while floating on the ocean?

"It's not the same thing."

No it isn't. It's known how many days juggling nitro on the ocean will last.

Again, what are you Russkies drinking? Oh, I know.

POPOV the top of that reactor.

Let's agree to meet back here so I can say 'I TOLD U SO' when it comes time to say 'I TOLD U SO.'

Post by Dilandu   » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:56 am

Dilandu
Admiral

cthia wrote: Guess what? It's happening all over the world.

Thank you for completely devastating your own claim for me. :)

Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:01 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Dilandu wrote:
cthia wrote: Guess what? It's happening all over the world.

Thank you for completely devastating your own claim for me. :)

I did? :o

Show me where we built one on the ocean. :roll:

Post by Relax   » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:52 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

Is virtual dick measuring of ancestors who are not yours next for both of you?

Then again, unless there is a virtual satisfied woman involved, it does not matter.

:o :shock: :? 8-)
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax

Return to Free-Range Topics...