Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

A Floating Chernobyl?

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: A Floating Chernobyl?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:20 am

TFLYTSNBN
Admiral

Posts: 2289
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Relax wrote:Is virtual dick measuring of ancestors who are not yours next for both of you?

Then again, unless there is a virtual satisfied woman involved, it does not matter.

:o :shock: :? 8-)



What I want to know is were those two Russian beauties ballerinas or tractor drivers?

On a more serious note, Russia has a reputation for nuclear accidents but the US is not pristine. Three Mile Island was actually a successful demonstration that the safety systems work. The multiple melt downs of the reactors at Fukushima demonstrated the superiority of Pressurized Water Reactors over Boiling Water Reactors. However; Fukushima also demonstrated that even if the shit does hit the fan, it isn't the end of the world. Just for fun, calculate the natural radioactivity present in the world's oceans and compare that to the radioactivity in a 1 Gigawatt reactor core.
Top
Re: A Floating Chernobyl?
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:10 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 12204
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Relax wrote:Is virtual dick measuring of ancestors who are not yours next for both of you?

Then again, unless there is a virtual satisfied woman involved, it does not matter.

:o :shock: :? 8-)



What I want to know is were those two Russian beauties ballerinas or tractor drivers?

On a more serious note, Russia has a reputation for nuclear accidents but the US is not pristine. Three Mile Island was actually a successful demonstration that the safety systems work. The multiple melt downs of the reactors at Fukushima demonstrated the superiority of Pressurized Water Reactors over Boiling Water Reactors. However; Fukushima also demonstrated that even if the shit does hit the fan, it isn't the end of the world. Just for fun, calculate the natural radioactivity present in the world's oceans and compare that to the radioactivity in a 1 Gigawatt reactor core.

They were both business students at a rather expensive private university. Exchange students. And they both graduated Summa Cum Laude. One missing valedictorian by a tenth of a point.

I just don't want to see such a pristine environment tainted. Then tainted more by tourists visiting the site decades later with some guide telling them that the reading on their dosimeter is equal to the amount of radiation received if they eat ten bananas then surround themselves by bananas for the remainder of the day. I get like this after every oil spill on our oceans as well. And I'd be going a few rounds with an American if we chose to juggle nitro on the ocean.

The Chernobyl Diaries

potassium-40

A banana contains naturally occurring radioactive material in the form of potassium-40. Banana equivalent dose ( BED) is an informal measurement of ionizing radiation exposure, intended as a general educational example to compare a dose of radioactivity to the dose one is exposed to by eating one average-sized banana.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: A Floating Chernobyl?
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:22 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Admiral

Posts: 2289
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

cthia wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:
quote="Relax"]Is virtual dick measuring of ancestors who are not yours next for both of you?



I respect the fact that both women were intellectualy accomplished.
What I want to know is were those two Russian beauties ballerinas or tractor drivers?

On a more serious note, Russia has a reputation for nuclear accidents but the US is not pristine. Three Mile Island was actually a successful demonstration that the safety systems work. The multiple melt downs of the reactors at Fukushima demonstrated the superiority of Pressurized Water Reactors over Boiling Water Reactors. However; Fukushima also demonstrated that even if the shit does hit the fan, it isn't the end of the world. Just for fun, calculate the natural radioactivity present in the world's oceans and compare that to the radioactivity in a 1 Gigawatt reactor core.

They were both business students at a rather expensive private university. Exchange students. And they both graduated Summa Cum Laude. One missing valedictorian by a tenth of a point.

I just don't want to see such a pristine environment tainted. Then tainted more by tourists visiting the site decades later with some guide telling them that the reading on their dosimeter is equal to the amount of radiation received if they eat ten bananas then surround themselves by bananas for the remainder of the day. I get like this after every oil spill on our oceans as well. And I'd be going a few rounds with an American if we chose to juggle nitro on the ocean.

The Chernobyl Diaries

potassium-40

A banana contains naturally occurring radioactive material in the form of potassium-40. Banana equivalent dose ( BED) is an informal measurement of ionizing radiation exposure, intended as a general educational example to compare a dose of radioactivity to the dose one is exposed to by eating one average-sized banana.


A cogent response. Of course ships fueled by petroleum impose risks to the oceans. Off shore drilling also imposes risks. The risks need to be evaluated carefully.

Ballerinas or tractor drivers?
Top
Re: A Floating Chernobyl?
Post by cthia   » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:29 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 12204
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:10 pm

cthia wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:
quote="Relax"]Is virtual dick measuring of ancestors who are not yours next for both of you?



I respect the fact that both women were intellectualy accomplished.
What I want to know is were those two Russian beauties ballerinas or tractor drivers?

On a more serious note, Russia has a reputation for nuclear accidents but the US is not pristine. Three Mile Island was actually a successful demonstration that the safety systems work. The multiple melt downs of the reactors at Fukushima demonstrated the superiority of Pressurized Water Reactors over Boiling Water Reactors. However; Fukushima also demonstrated that even if the shit does hit the fan, it isn't the end of the world. Just for fun, calculate the natural radioactivity present in the world's oceans and compare that to the radioactivity in a 1 Gigawatt reactor core.

They were both business students at a rather expensive private university. Exchange students. And they both graduated Summa Cum Laude. One missing valedictorian by a tenth of a point.

I just don't want to see such a pristine environment tainted. Then tainted more by tourists visiting the site decades later with some guide telling them that the reading on their dosimeter is equal to the amount of radiation received if they eat ten bananas then surround themselves by bananas for the remainder of the day. I get like this after every oil spill on our oceans as well. And I'd be going a few rounds with an American if we chose to juggle nitro on the ocean.

The Chernobyl Diaries

potassium-40

A banana contains naturally occurring radioactive material in the form of potassium-40. Banana equivalent dose ( BED) is an informal measurement of ionizing radiation exposure, intended as a general educational example to compare a dose of radioactivity to the dose one is exposed to by eating one average-sized banana.


TFLYTSNBN wrote:A cogent response. Of course ships fueled by petroleum impose risks to the oceans. Off shore drilling also imposes risks. The risks need to be evaluated carefully.

Ballerinas or tractor drivers?

Princesses. Drop dead gorgeous is an understatement.

Dating one of them was the first time I had to fight off women too. Constantly. One of her professors fell madly in love with her as well. Her professor had balls to tell me to my face. There was nothing I could say except "Best man or woman wins."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top

Return to Free-Range Topics...