Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Relax   » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:01 pm

Relax
Admiral

Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:18 pm

Annachie wrote:In Australia coal is the least reliable source.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is why your electricity prices skyrocketed upwards after the plants were forced to close by government fiat instead of reality. All because the grid became so much more reliable.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you hadn't typed that I would never believe someone can be so delusional, irrational.

Can I sell you energy water? Going cheap, 1 liter, only $99.99 and S&H for $49.99. Will make you strong, powerful, and omniscient.

*** This product is known to the dumb idiots in California to possibly cause cancer. No guarantees as advertised ***
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Relax   » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:05 pm

Relax
Admiral

Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:18 pm

Joat42 wrote:I'll explain WHY you are wrong.

Hey, you have now had 5 pages to tell the world why I am wrong...

Still can't work up the courage to do so?

Mighty odd way to argue your case. Last I checked, you have to open your mouth, or in this case type, to make an argument.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Annachie   » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:19 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 3004
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:36 pm

I don't think any closed by government fiat.

Uneconomical, yes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Joat42   » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:06 pm

Joat42
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1736
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:01 am
Location: Sweden

Relax wrote:
Joat42 wrote:I'll explain WHY you are wrong.

Hey, you have now had 5 pages to tell the world why I am wrong...

Still can't work up the courage to do so?

Mighty odd way to argue your case. Last I checked, you have to open your mouth, or in this case type, to make an argument.

No, it's you who have told everyone else that they where wrong - all the while throwing around derogatory terms and calling people liars. In all your posts, you have supplied ZERO facts.

And when I specifically ask you about something, you deflect. For example, I asked specifically why you thought the O/G industry is being penalized, and the above is the answer - something taken out of context. It's the answer from someone who knows he's wrong and is to afraid to admit it.

It speaks volumes what kind of person you are. Your words are utterly worthless.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Daryl   » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:02 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 3125
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

Just plain wrong.
None closed by government fiat.
Several states (run by conservative governments at the time) privatised the state owned generator stations. The international companies who bought them over time then closed the older stations to squeeze prices from their remaining power stations. Progressive states like Queensland, Tasmania and South Australia kept their generators so have cheaper power.
As time goes on and more renewable power comes on line, prices are dropping.

Relax wrote:
Annachie wrote:In Australia coal is the least reliable source.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is why your electricity prices skyrocketed upwards after the plants were forced to close by government fiat instead of reality. All because the grid became so much more reliable.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you hadn't typed that I would never believe someone can be so delusional, irrational.

Can I sell you energy water? Going cheap, 1 liter, only $99.99 and S&H for $49.99. Will make you strong, powerful, and omniscient.

*** This product is known to the dumb idiots in California to possibly cause cancer. No guarantees as advertised ***
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Daryl   » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:18 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 3125
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

I forgot. Coal is our least reliable source for a couple of reasons, definitely true.
As Anna says coal stations are generally older.
However, despite what Climate Change Deniers claim, Australia has had more than its share of raised temperatures. In summer, weeks of over 40 degrees C temperatures have broken thermal plants. Modern gas turbines and renewables are coping well, but steam plants (fueled by coal or gas) are dependent on temperature differentials, and are operating outside their design parameters.
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Relax   » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:40 am

Relax
Admiral

Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:18 pm

Annachie wrote:I don't think any closed by government fiat.

Uneconomical, yes.


Enjoy swallowing Bull Shit every morning full of Government fiat Carbon Taxes... :roll: Puts them behind 8 ball. Repeal Carbon tax. Then add large permitting hurdles for replacement on top of super stringent stack emissions mandates.

None of which depends on one thing of a "conservative" or "liberal" government which cannot change previous administrations policies instantly.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Relax   » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:11 pm

Relax
Admiral

Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:18 pm

Daryl wrote:I forgot. Coal is our least reliable source for a couple of reasons, definitely true.
As Anna says coal stations are generally older.
However, despite what Climate Change Deniers claim, Australia has had more than its share of raised temperatures. In summer, weeks of over 40 degrees C temperatures have broken thermal plants. Modern gas turbines and renewables are coping well, but steam plants (fueled by coal or gas) are dependent on temperature differentials, and are operating outside their design parameters.

No, 40C has zilch to do with anything regarding the coal plant. What is temperature of the fired boiler? Thot 1000C. What is Tcold? 40C for a short period everyday instead of 20C or 30C etc for air cooled. Water cooled is steady.
What is efficiency again? 1 - Tcold/Thot

40C water input instead of 20C... Vapor pressure is what again for water? Operating range between zero to 85C generally speaking. Higher temps just requires more water for same cooling effect, or in case of air cooled, superior radiators. Or in case of raised river temps; superior radiators. You, the plant operator can choose.

Playing the, Its the temperatures stupid is beyond hilariously rediculous as these plants were designed to operate in these conditions and have been doing so for the last 100 years. We did not invent radiator science yesterday..... Even if assume the initial installation were designed for lower input feed water, the fix only requires a larger radiator/pump to "fix" this "problem".
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Relax   » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:28 pm

Relax
Admiral

Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:18 pm

Joat42 wrote:
Relax wrote:Hey, you have now had 5 pages to tell the world why I am wrong...

Still can't work up the courage to do so?

Mighty odd way to argue your case. Last I checked, you have to open your mouth, or in this case type, to make an argument.

No, it's you who have told everyone else that they where wrong - all the while throwing around derogatory terms and calling people liars. In all your posts, you have supplied ZERO facts.

And when I specifically ask you about something, you deflect. For example, I asked specifically why you thought the O/G industry is being penalized, and the above is the answer - something taken out of context. It's the answer from someone who knows he's wrong and is to afraid to admit it.

It speaks volumes what kind of person you are. Your words are utterly worthless.


Your tax "subsidies" which are in fact tax PENALTIES and not subsidies at all as ONLY O/G pay them. No one else. Anyone with a rational mind can see they apply on top of taxes everyone else pays.

If you cannot admit to this VERY BASIC reality, then the only words to describe your actions is either liar, or dumb. You choose. It is Ok, I have said many dumb things in life before. Your statements in this thread show that you too can say stupid dumb things as well.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Relax   » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:40 pm

Relax
Admiral

Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:18 pm

Daryl wrote:Just plain wrong.
None closed by government fiat. Progressive states like Queensland, Tasmania and South Australia kept their generators so have cheaper power.

Lets fact check that.... Tasmania... uses mostly hydro and has ZERO Coal stations... hrmm -1

South Australia.... has ZERO coal fired power plants... -1

Not bad, only 2 out of 3 wrong...

Your version of Two Thumbs up?
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Top

Return to Free-Range Topics...