Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Joat42   » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:43 am

Joat42
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1913
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 am
Location: Sweden

Relax wrote:
Joat42 wrote: Please enumerate how Oil and Gas are penalized? Saying that they pay higher taxes than other industries doesn't cut it, since that is an established fact.


:roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

With your own mouth... oh priceless. Do keep typing.

You will eventually admit O&G are penalized compared to wind/solar for energy production and not ***subsidized***.

It seems reading comprehension and how taxes work isn't your thing.

You haven't YET managed to produce one shred of evidence that Oil and Gas are penalized.

Perhaps you lack the understanding that every industry should carry their own secondary costs - and that's why different industries can be taxed differently. But that doesn't mean that they can't get tax-benefits.

You are stupidly arguing that because Oil and Gas have higher taxes any tax-benefits they get doesn't count.

So, please tell me if you dare - how is the Oil and Gas industry penalized? Considering your earlier answers you will probably evade and deflect again since it doesn't seem you can debate honestly. Or perhaps you just don't understand how it all works, because that would destroy your narrative.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Relax   » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:04 pm

Relax
Admiral

Posts: 2889
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Joat42 wrote:So, please tell me if you dare - how is the Oil and Gas industry penalized? Considering your earlier answers you will probably evade and deflect again since it doesn't seem you can debate honestly. Or perhaps you just don't understand how it all works, because that would destroy your narrative.


So, according to your logic:
If governments, tomorrow, enacted a production tax on solar panel electricity production of 5% based upon retail average price in WTI equivalent, this is a subsidy in your warped mind....
:shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :? :o :o :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Don't worry, governments still collect base sales tax on that electricity ...
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Joat42   » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:01 pm

Joat42
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1913
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 am
Location: Sweden

Relax wrote:
Joat42 wrote:So, please tell me if you dare - how is the Oil and Gas industry penalized? Considering your earlier answers you will probably evade and deflect again since it doesn't seem you can debate honestly. Or perhaps you just don't understand how it all works, because that would destroy your narrative.


So, according to your logic:
If governments, tomorrow, enacted a production tax on solar panel electricity production of 5% based upon retail average price in WTI equivalent, this is a subsidy in your warped mind....
:shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :? :o :o :!: :?: :!: :?: :!: :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Don't worry, governments still collect base sales tax on that electricity ...

No, I've never said such thing. What you have strongly implied is that regardless of what tax benefits Oil and Gas get it doesn't count since they have higher taxes overall or they don't make a profit. You don't even understand why they pay higher taxes, since you haven't been able to explain how Oil and Gas are "penalized" as you say.

All you have said so far is that I'm wrong or that others lie, but you haven't presented one shred of evidence of that. Perhaps you should keep up with current affairs and not be stuck in the past.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Relax   » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:17 pm

Relax
Admiral

Posts: 2889
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Joat42 wrote:No, I've never said such thing. :roll: :roll: :roll: You don't even understand why they pay higher taxes, s :roll: :roll: :roll:


You can't state WHY they SHOULD pay higher taxes if one wants an "EQUAL" world. Yet you want ME to explain how your mind works? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry dude, I can't see inside your head.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Joat42   » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:05 pm

Joat42
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1913
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 am
Location: Sweden

Relax wrote:
Joat42 wrote:No, I've never said such thing. :roll: :roll: :roll: You don't even understand why they pay higher taxes, s :roll: :roll: :roll:


You can't state WHY they SHOULD pay higher taxes if one wants an "EQUAL" world. Yet you want ME to explain how your mind works? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry dude, I can't see inside your head.

I actually mentioned earlier the overall reason why they pay higher taxes, but I'm afraid you where so intent on attacking me you probably couldn't understand what you read. I'm not particularly surprised about that outcome considering your recent posting history.

So, if you can't explain why you think Oil and Gas is penalized, that only means you don't know what you are talking about. Which also means that you have no real argument and that's why you behave dishonestly in an effort to hide your lack of facts, ie you are all talk and no substance.

If you want to prove me wrong, all you have to do is to explain how the Oil and Gas industry is penalized. If you don't, I'll just put you in the same shit-pile as I place the rest of the knuckle-dragging internet-trolls.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Relax   » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:51 pm

Relax
Admiral

Posts: 2889
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Joat42 wrote:I actually mentioned earlier the overall reason why they pay higher taxes, but I'm afraid you where so intent on attacking me you probably couldn't understand what you read. I'm not particularly surprised about that outcome considering your recent posting history.

No you didn't. If you had, you would have quoted yourself.

Likewise you never stated why they should pay more.

Stop the lies.

Troll on man, troll on.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Joat42   » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:09 am

Joat42
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1913
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 am
Location: Sweden

Relax wrote:
Joat42 wrote:I actually mentioned earlier the overall reason why they pay higher taxes, but I'm afraid you where so intent on attacking me you probably couldn't understand what you read. I'm not particularly surprised about that outcome considering your recent posting history.

No you didn't. If you had, you would have quoted yourself.

Likewise you never stated why they should pay more.

I think my opening statement in this post says it all, and the explanation is further down in the same post.
Relax wrote:Stop the lies.

Troll on man, troll on.

How to determine if someone doesn't have a valid counter-argument and most likely a troll:
* They start with personal attacks
* The take things out of context
* They say the other party lie or is wrong but provide no information proving it
* They don't have any facts
* They conflate things
* They always counter a direct question with dishonest deflection

So, are you a shit-posting troll or can you actually behave like an adult?

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by chuckpeterson   » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:50 pm

chuckpeterson
Lieutenant (Junior Grade)

Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Joat42 wrote:
How to determine if someone doesn't have a valid counter-argument and most likely a troll:
* They start with personal attacks
* The take things out of context
* They say the other party lie or is wrong but provide no information proving it
* They don't have any facts
* They conflate things
* They always counter a direct question with dishonest deflection



I seem to be running into the same problem---
Now can we get back to the original OP
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
8-)
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:20 pm

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

Posts: 2727
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:05 pm
Location: United States of America

chuckpeterson wrote:
I seem to be running into the same problem---
Now can we get back to the original OP
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
8-)



Just a drive by. For what little it is worth. I have not posted for a while.

President Carter in the late 70's said we would be out of oil by 2000. He had lots of scientist for back up. Sucked me in...for a while.

More useless scare mongering. Like children will not know what snow is. Ect.

Funny how the summer trip this year was powered by a gasoline motor in the motorcycle(oh all right 10% could have been ethanol :) ).

Just a note fossil fuel royalties and wind power pay outs are about equal. Just have opposite signs.

For relax last I saw in the USA wind gets a 2.4 cent/kWH ... though this may be dated and it is tied to inflation for the Production Tax Credit(PTC). Of course There is 30% Investment Tax Credit(ITC). Which surprisingly enough a 300 million cost of a off shore wind wind farm worth 30 MW opted for.

How much is a kWH of solar worth at midnight when I wake up for a snack?

T2M

PS My electric bill is currently about the same price as 2007. Virtually no solar(though that is changing they are adding PV now) and local utility replaced most of the generating plants with CCGT. CCGT being much kinder to make up for the variability of solar. In addition to getting permits to operate nuke plants another 20 years. 80 years now.

Unlike CA ISO which dumped almost 1.5 TWH of solar curtailment so far this year. Added 1.5 TWH (almost up to 14%(used) of the total, now) of Solar this year and over a third of it got dumped on the ground when compared to last year. Oh and closing on 100 GWH of wind power dumped on the ground as well.
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"
Top
Re: The World Has 42 +/- years left then the well runs dry
Post by Joat42   » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:24 pm

Joat42
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1913
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 am
Location: Sweden

thinkstoomuch wrote:Just a drive by. For what little it is worth. I have not posted for a while.

President Carter in the late 70's said we would be out of oil by 2000. He had lots of scientist for back up. Sucked me in...for a while.

More useless scare mongering. Like children will not know what snow is. Ect.

As with all discussion in regards to "peak oil", it should be noted that all those discussions hinges on known oil reserves, current science and available technology to extract them.

The problem is that when conclusions are published in "popular media" a lot of context is missing, and flashy head-lines sells.

So blame any "scare-mongering" on the media.
thinkstoomuch wrote:Funny how the summer trip this year was powered by a gasoline motor in the motorcycle(oh all right 10% could have been ethanol :) ).

Funny how I can get to work everyday on electrical vehicles even when the sun doesn't shine, which just like your quip is a non sequitur in the debate.

thinkstoomuch wrote:How much is a kWH of solar worth at midnight when I wake up for a snack?

Another non sequitur, but let me ask this: How good does that snack taste when about 3.8 million old oil-wells leak methane into the atmosphere and contaminates the ground water, and it's the tax-payers that have to foot the bill for the clean up?

thinkstoomuch wrote:PS My electric bill is currently about the same price as 2007. Virtually no solar(though that is changing they are adding PV now) and local utility replaced most of the generating plants with CCGT. CCGT being much kinder to make up for the variability of solar. In addition to getting permits to operate nuke plants another 20 years. 80 years now.

All grids need a steady base-load system, CCGT is one but it's still a bit slow to handle variability which is why investment in battery-storage pays for itself within a couple of years.
thinkstoomuch wrote:Unlike CA ISO which dumped almost 1.5 TWH of solar curtailment so far this year. Added 1.5 TWH (almost up to 14%(used) of the total, now) of Solar this year and over a third of it got dumped on the ground when compared to last year. Oh and closing on 100 GWH of wind power dumped on the ground as well.

Badly handled in my opinion, but perhaps the national grid need a revamp since over-production in one area should easily be diverted elsewhere. Or perhaps used to produce fresh-water, since it seems there's a constant water-shortage in CA.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top

Return to Free-Range Topics...