Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

US Space Force Logo

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
US Space Force Logo
Post by Erls   » Fri May 15, 2020 10:49 pm

Erls
Captain (Junior Grade)

So, I have to just say here.. I am deeply disappointed with the Space Force logo. There. It is said.

I would have vastly preferred the standard US Eagle, claws grasping at a Shuttle and Satellite (for now), backed by a field of black. The outer circle would be the same blue/white combination as the Navy uses, however the outer fringe would be ringed by stars instead of coiled rope.

Now, that would have been a snappy looking logo that honors the past while addressing the future.
Re: US Space Force Logo
Post by Dilandu   » Sat May 16, 2020 6:22 am

Dilandu
Admiral

Erls wrote: claws grasping at a Shuttle

I'd say, X-37 would be a better choice.
------------------------------

Oh well, if shortening the front is what the Germans crave,
Let's shorten it to very end - the length of Fuhrer's grave.

(Red Army lyrics from 1945)
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat May 16, 2020 9:11 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

To be honest, there are far worse things to draw inspiration from than Star Trek.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Fox2!   » Tue May 19, 2020 11:49 pm

Fox2!
Commodore

Michael Everett wrote:To be honest, there are far worse things to draw inspiration from than Star Trek.

The "Delta" shape has been used in US Military space activities since (at least) the early sixties, if not the late fifties. Long before Star Fleet.

Roddenberry himself had admitted that he stole the Delta from NASA/Military logos.
Post by Fox2!   » Wed May 20, 2020 12:02 am

Fox2!
Commodore

Erls wrote:So, I have to just say here.. I am deeply disappointed with the Space Force logo. There. It is said.

I would have vastly preferred the standard US Eagle, claws grasping at a Shuttle and Satellite (for now), backed by a field of black. The outer circle would be the same blue/white combination as the Navy uses, however the outer fringe would be ringed by stars instead of coiled rope.

Now, that would have been a snappy looking logo that honors the past while addressing the future.

Since the entire Space Force personnel structure consists of one (former USAF) General, one (former USAF) Chief Master Sergeant (E-9) and 80 some Second Lieutenants (graduated and commissioned from the Air Force Academy), and the largest number of personnel transferring into the Space Force will be coming from USAF Space Command, anything that Navy won't fly.

Honoring the past would have involved [s]the SAC lightning bolts[/s] three laurel branches against a Milky Way background.

Late an Air Force Space Systems Officer, AFSC 20XX
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed May 20, 2020 2:32 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

So, if the USA does shift active military hardware into space, would we see something based on the Aurora Starfury?
After all, NASA did ask for permission to use/adapt the basic design.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Daryl   » Wed May 20, 2020 3:34 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Good one, but I'd like one of Hexapuma. Possibly not as well recognized though.
Michael Everett wrote:So, if the USA does shift active military hardware into space, would we see something based on the Aurora Starfury?
After all, NASA did ask for permission to use/adapt the basic design.
Post by isaac_newton   » Wed May 20, 2020 6:31 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Erls wrote:So, I have to just say here.. I am deeply disappointed with the Space Force logo. There. It is said.

count yourself lucky if Trump does not insist on it being his face!!!

:-)

TrumpForce hahahahah

Return to Free-Range Topics...