Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

My topic here is no longer topical. LOL

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
My topic here is no longer topical. LOL
Post by Mycall4me   » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:12 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

I'm a relatively new registered user, and I wondered, how do I get the post that I want to reply to, to appear in a greyed out box (above MY reply/comment) so that people can tell which comment I am replying to? I've looked around on the composition page, and don't see anything that might do that. I have considered that it might be one of the options in the buttons directly above the smilies, I have been thinking that it might be the quote button, but I don't see any way to choose exactly which quote that you want to put in the greyed out box. Plus, I THINK that I've seen the inclusion of more than one greyed out comment box,
because your reply can be applied to more than one comment.
So, if one of you more experienced users can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. :?: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Mycall4me on Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Re: How do I do this? Website question
Post by Weird Harold   » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:20 pm

Weird Harold
Fleet Admiral

Mycall4me wrote:I'm a relatively new registered user, and I wondered, how do I get the post that I want to reply to, to appear in a greyed out box (above MY reply/comment) so that people can tell which comment I am replying to? I've looked around on the composition page, and don't see anything that might do that. I have considered that it might be one of the options in the buttons directly above the smilies, I have been thinking that it might be the quote button, but I don't see any way to choose exactly which quote that you want to put in the greyed out box. Plus, I THINK that I've seen the inclusion of more than one greyed out comment box,
So, if one of you more experienced users can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated. :?: :mrgreen:

reply with quoto: bottom left of corner of post
Answers! I got lots of answers!

(Now if I could just find the right questions.)
Re: Topic Deleted
Post by Mycall4me   » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:36 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

Weird Harold wrote:
Mycall4me wrote:I'm a relatively new registered user, and I wondered, how do I get the post that I want to reply to, to appear in a greyed out box (above MY reply/comment) so that people can tell which comment I am replying to? I've looked around on the composition page, and don't see anything that might do that. I have considered that it might be one of the options in the buttons directly above the smilies, I have been thinking that it might be the quote button, but I don't see any way to choose exactly which quote that you want to put in the greyed out box. Plus, I THINK that I've seen the inclusion of more than one greyed out comment box,

:x Well this sucks, I can't get this to work!
Re: Topic Deleted
Post by Mycall4me   » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:44 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

Weird Harold wrote:

:lol:

WTF?
Re: My topic here is no longer topical. LOL
Post by Mycall4me   » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:34 pm

Mycall4me
Commander

Hey, is this working?
Post by fallsfromtrees   » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:22 pm

fallsfromtrees
Vice Admiral

Mycall4me wrote:

Hey, is this working?

One little caveat. You cna only get two levels of boxing - any more than that causes the software to barf and not post - then you get the fun of editing the html to reduce the box level. Joy :twisted:
========================

The only problem with quotes on the internet is that you can't authenticate them -- Abraham Lincoln
Post by Joat42   » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:58 am

Joat42
Admiral

fallsfromtrees wrote:..snip..
One little caveat. You cna only get two levels of boxing - any more than that causes the software to barf and not post - then you get the fun of editing the html to reduce the box level. Joy :twisted:

I like that limitation, because we don't posts with quote-levels ad naseum. And if it is something that's important to the question at hand you need to expend some effort to include it. :)

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.

Return to Free-Range Topics...