Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

USA is number 1, again

For anyone who might want to have a side conversation...you're welcome here!
USA is number 1, again
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:13 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1713
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Top
Re: USA is number 1, again
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:11 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:54 am
Location: Bristol, England

For those who are bored with clicking on the semi-random links that Tfly enjoys posting, this one is surprisingly not about gun crime, knife crime, political upheavals, imminent American civil war or anything like that.

The American Soccer Team has won the Women's World Cup, beating Netherlands 2 - 0.
Well done American Female Footballers.

(Contrary to what Tfly seems to believe as stated by him in far too many of his posts, these women are indeed more than mere walking wombs waiting to produce the next generation.)
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
Animal Crossing Dreams at 6E00-00F5-2891
Top
Re: USA is number 1, again
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:04 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2364
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

I particularly enjoyed this extremely appropriate reaction to the team's performance when Fox News tried to report on it from a bar full of fans.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 92771.html
Top
Re: USA is number 1, again
Post by edgeworthy   » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:46 pm

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Every time someone makes a post like this, just make a reference to this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfYnvDL0Qcw
Top
Re: USA is number 1, again
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:19 am

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1713
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

gcomeau wrote:I particularly enjoyed this extremely appropriate reaction to the team's performance when Fox News tried to report on it from a bar full of fans.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 92771.html



The bar was in France. Most of the people disparaging Trump were either foreigners or lesbians.
Top
Re: USA is number 1, again
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:41 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Posts: 2405
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:54 am
Location: Bristol, England

TFLYTSNBN wrote:The bar was in France. Most of the people disparaging Trump were either foreigners or lesbians.

...and once again, we see the fly's misogyny.

I don't really know whether to be annoyed by him or pity him. He seems to constantly tick the boxes of what is known as the Manchild whenever he isn't being an Internet Tough Guy.

And regarding the "foreigners" crack? Tfly, you are a foreigner! Everyone is to someone.

God, I'm glad I'm not 'murikan. Bunch of bloody ignorant foreigners... :roll: :twisted:
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
Animal Crossing Dreams at 6E00-00F5-2891
Top
Re: USA is number 1, again
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:40 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1713
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Michael Everett wrote:
TFLYTSNBN wrote:The bar was in France. Most of the people disparaging Trump were either foreigners or lesbians.

...and once again, we see the fly's misogyny.

I don't really know whether to be annoyed by him or pity him. He seems to constantly tick the boxes of what is known as the Manchild whenever he isn't being an Internet Tough Guy.

And regarding the "foreigners" crack? Tfly, you are a foreigner! Everyone is to someone.

God, I'm glad I'm not 'murikan. Bunch of bloody ignorant foreigners... :roll: :twisted:



When any post that I make, no matter how apolitical, provokes the ant-American retorts that we have seen on this thread, then a bit of venom is reasonable.

BTW, the local soccer teams in my State are not treated fairly. The women's team is far more competitive but they don't get the same pay or coverage.

Their fan base also conforms to a certain stereotype.
Top
Re: USA is number 1, again
Post by Donnachaidh   » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Donnachaidh
Commodore

Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:11 pm

He didn't say American; He said 'merikan. 'merikan is a common short hand for the (loudly) ignorant and overly patriotic Americans who typically have an over-inflated view of American exceptionalism and the superiority of the US.

He was calling you out for the bigotry that you consistently display and got you banned a few years ago.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:
Michael Everett wrote:...and once again, we see the fly's misogyny.

I don't really know whether to be annoyed by him or pity him. He seems to constantly tick the boxes of what is known as the Manchild whenever he isn't being an Internet Tough Guy.

And regarding the "foreigners" crack? Tfly, you are a foreigner! Everyone is to someone.

God, I'm glad I'm not 'murikan. Bunch of bloody ignorant foreigners... :roll: :twisted:



When any post that I make, no matter how apolitical, provokes the ant-American retorts that we have seen on this thread, then a bit of venom is reasonable.

BTW, the local soccer teams in my State are not treated fairly. The women's team is far more competitive but they don't get the same pay or coverage.

Their fan base also conforms to a certain stereotype.
_____________________________________________________
"Sometimes I wonder if the world is run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Top
Re: USA is number 1, again
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:20 pm

TFLYTSNBN
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1713
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

Donnachaidh wrote:He didn't say American; He said 'merikan. 'merikan is a common short hand for the (loudly) ignorant and overly patriotic Americans who typically have an over-inflated view of American exceptionalism and the superiority of the US.

He was calling you out for the bigotry that you consistently display and got you banned a few years ago.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:



When any post that I make, no matter how apolitical, provokes the ant-American retorts that we have seen on this thread, then a bit of venom is reasonable.

BTW, the local soccer teams in my State are not treated fairly. The women's team is far more competitive but they don't get the same pay or coverage.

Their fan base also conforms to a certain stereotype.



He actually used the word "murikan," which of course is a destinction without a difference.

What is on display here is your prejudice and bigotry as well as his, not mine.

For proof go through the Politics board and count all of the threads that start out critical of the US or President Trump that were started by people in other countries then count all of the threads started by myself and other Americans that were critical of other countries. Except for my recent flurry of threads that are so obviously intended to satirize as well as refute the "guns cause crime and murder" mantra, you will not find any.

The reality is that the Europeans, Australians, New Zealanders and other "foreigners" on this board have systematically goaded and harassed conservative Americans in an effort to get them banned for "bigotry." Has it occurred to you morons that this is a profoundly rude way to treat your host who is an American author?
Top
Re: USA is number 1, again
Post by Donnachaidh   » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:36 pm

Donnachaidh
Commodore

Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:11 pm

You're right, I didn't spell it the same as him. I'd argue you're just being pedantic though.

It is not a distinction without a difference. There is very much a different connotation that is well understood but you're choosing to ignore.


TFLYTSNBN wrote:He actually used the word "murikan," which of course is a destinction without a difference.


It's interesting that you equate criticism of the sexist (your rampant slimy comments about women are sexist as are the multiple comments criticizing Hillary Clinton for Bill Clinton's adultery) comments and xenophobic (saying "go fix your own country" to immigrants -and especially to naturalized US citizens- is xenophobic) comments you've made with criticism conservatives.

As far as commenting on other countries, if you want to participate in those discussions, there is nothing stopping you. Considering the amount of influence US politics has on the world (see the Iran nuclear deal for an example), it is entirely reasonable to say that people in other countries have a vested interest in US politics.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:What is on display here is your prejudice and bigotry as well as his, not mine.

For proof go through the Politics board and count all of the threads that start out critical of the US or President Trump that were started by people in other countries then count all of the threads started by myself and other Americans that were critical of other countries. Except for my recent flurry of threads that are so obviously intended to satirize as well as refute the "guns cause crime and murder" mantra, you will not find any.


You do realize that if discussions like this really bothered our host threads would be closed and/or users would be banned?

Also American =/= Conservative.

TFLYTSNBN wrote:The reality is that the Europeans, Australians, New Zealanders and other "foreigners" on this board have systematically goaded and harassed conservative Americans in an effort to get them banned for "bigotry." Has it occurred to you morons that this is a profoundly rude way to treat your host who is an American author?
_____________________________________________________
"Sometimes I wonder if the world is run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
Top

Return to Free-Range Topics...