Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

[STICKY] Sneak peek of Uncompromising Honor

This is the place where we will be posting snippets of soon-to-be published works!
[STICKY] Sneak peek of Uncompromising Honor
Post by Duckk   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:02 am

Duckk
Site Admin

Posts: 4127
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:29 pm

From David:



I have been incredibly busy with RealLife™ for the last little bit. Among other things, I was finishing up the next Safehold book (which I thought was due to release in March and discovered was due to release in January), and after that writing some other stuff I was committed to, revising/editing on a couple of collaborations, and things like that there. Because of that, I have gotten hugely behind on snippets, for which I apologize. I really prefer doing them myself for a lot of reasons, including the fact that I want to make sure all of the formatting comes through.



Because I am so far behind, I have asked Duckk to post a link to the attached file, which is roughly the entire first third of the novel in the (so far) final edited version. If you compare it to what was already posted, you may find some discrepancies/differences because I was posting from an earlier draft. If you have the EARC, you will probably still find some changes because the EARC was based on the rough draft, which predates this version.



I hope you enjoy it, and I did not deliberately cut it at the point where this mega snippet ends. It truly is the end of a chapter and it truly does come almost exactly 1/3 of the way through the book by page count. I, your benevolent author, would never have ended a snippet at a point like this otherwise!



Hope you enjoy it.


http://www.davidweber.net/downloads/45- ... of-uh.html
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Top
Re: [STICKY] Sneak peek of Uncompromising Honor
Post by jeremyr   » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:45 am

jeremyr
Lieutenant Commander

Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:33 pm
Location: Corinth, TX

Wow! 1/3 of the book all at once.
It's going to take awhile to get thru this.
Thanks!
Top
Re: [STICKY] Sneak peek of Uncompromising Honor
Post by ferlazkj   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:28 am

ferlazkj
Midshipman

Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:44 am

Thanks Duckk!

The sneak peek was just as good as I had hoped. And yes, the cut-off was kinda frustrating. <Grin>

Thanks!
Kevin
Top
Re: [STICKY] Sneak peek of Uncompromising Honor
Post by Randomiser   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:01 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1349
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:41 pm
Location: Scotland

Thank you very much, RFC ... now just have to wait till October to resolve that cliffhanger!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Top
Re: [STICKY] Sneak peek of Uncompromising Honor
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:50 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

Posts: 2296
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Randomiser wrote:Thank you very much, RFC ... now just have to wait till October to resolve that cliffhanger!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:



Well, yeah.

And your point is --- ?

:twisted: :lol:


"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Top
Re: [STICKY] Sneak peek of Uncompromising Honor
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:05 pm

isaac_newton
Commodore

Posts: 765
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:37 am
Location: Brighton, UK

runsforcelery wrote:
Randomiser wrote:Thank you very much, RFC ... now just have to wait till October to resolve that cliffhanger!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:



Well, yeah.

And your point is --- ?

:twisted: :lol:


ooooooooooooooooooooo! meany!! :)
Top
Re: [STICKY] Sneak peek of Uncompromising Honor
Post by saber964   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:21 pm

saber964
Admiral

Posts: 2340
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:41 pm
Location: Spokane WA USA

isaac_newton wrote:
runsforcelery wrote:[quote="Randomiser"Thank you very much, RFC ... now just have to wait till October to resolve that cliffhanger!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:



Well, yeah.

And your point is --- ?

:twisted: :lol:


ooooooooooooooooooooo! meany!! :)[/quote]


And what makes you think RFC is not going to drop any more cliffhangers between now and October? Just remember all the little tidbits he's dropped in the past like Princess Irys on the gun range.
Top
Re: [STICKY] Sneak peek of Uncompromising Honor
Post by George J. Smith   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:53 pm

George J. Smith
Commodore

Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:48 am
Location: Ross-on-Wye UK

saber964 wrote:[

And what makes you think RFC is not going to drop any more cliffhangers between now and October? Just remember all the little tidbits he's dropped in the past like Princess Irys on the gun range.



Who, and from which series, is Princess Irys?
.
T&R
GJS

A man should live forever, or die in the attempt
Spider Robinson Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1977) A voice is heard in Ramah
Top
Re: [STICKY] Sneak peek of Uncompromising Honor
Post by kzt   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:05 pm

kzt
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 9681
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:18 pm
Location: Albuquerque, NM

Randomiser wrote:Thank you very much, RFC ... now just have to wait till October to resolve that cliffhanger!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

He's got a deal. You can pay extra to get the ending now. It's only $15...
Top
Re: [STICKY] Sneak peek of Uncompromising Honor
Post by Eagleeye   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Eagleeye
Captain of the List

Posts: 691
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:41 am
Location: Halle/Saale, Germany

George J. Smith wrote:
saber964 wrote:[

And what makes you think RFC is not going to drop any more cliffhangers between now and October? Just remember all the little tidbits he's dropped in the past like Princess Irys on the gun range.



Who, and from which series, is Princess Irys?


Irys Daykin, Princess of Corisande - from RFCs Safehold-series.
Top

Return to Snippets