Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

LAMA Spoiler/Snippet Index [Finished 02/10]

This is the place where we will be posting snippets of soon-to-be published works!
Re: [Sticky] LAMA Spoiler/Snippet Index
Post by Joat42   » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Down Under wrote:Hi Joat42

We don't want to read it now we want to have finished it yesterday

And then the problem arises that we don't have the next book in our hands... :shock:

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by lyonheart   » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:12 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hi Joat42,

Kudos and thanks again for doing an excellent job, but is it possible to provide the date for each snippet along with the description?

Space wise since they started all in 2013, we don't need the year, but I've found myself going back and listing the dates a few times already.

8 days and counting for the next one! ;)

L

Joat42 wrote:
Down Under wrote:Hi Joat42

We don't want to read it now we want to have finished it yesterday

And then the problem arises that we don't have the next book in our hands... :shock:
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by Joat42   » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:31 am

Joat42
Admiral

lyonheart wrote:Hi Joat42,

Kudos and thanks again for doing an excellent job, but is it possible to provide the date for each snippet along with the description?

Space wise since they started all in 2013, we don't need the year, but I've found myself going back and listing the dates a few times already.

8 days and counting for the next one! ;)

L

I'll see what I can do. Currently at work so I'll have to fix it tonight if nothing else monopolizes my time.

---

Post by jpgray   » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:34 am

jpgray
Midshipman

This might be a bit much to ask, but would you mind adding the post dates for each of the spoilers/snippets to the main post? I know I can pull up a new tab to look at any particular spoiler/snippet's post date, but it'd be really great to be able to glance at the main post and get an idea of what the rate of releases are. Cheers,
Post by Joat42   » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Joat42
Admiral

I've added the posting dates now.

I don't think it will help your mental health though.. (ah mah gawd, 7 moar dayz!) ;)

---

Post by Charles83   » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:51 pm

Charles83
Rear Admiral

jpgray wrote:This might be a bit much to ask, but would you mind adding the post dates for each of the spoilers/snippets to the main post? I know I can pull up a new tab to look at any particular spoiler/snippet's post date, but it'd be really great to be able to glance at the main post and get an idea of what the rate of releases are. Cheers,

The date of release is every 1 to 3 weeks, and this time is not drak doing the snippets but RFC himself, so you will need to wait and see.
Post by lyonheart   » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:39 am

lyonheart
Fleet Admiral

Hello Joat42!

Thank you very much for your very quick response.

It's wonderful.

Thanks again!

L

Joat42 wrote:I've added the posting dates now.

I don't think it will help your mental health though.. (ah mah gawd, 7 moar dayz!) ;)
Any snippet or post from RFC is good if not great!
Post by Charybdis   » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:31 am

Charybdis
Captain of the List

I'll see what I can do. Currently at work so I'll have to fix it tonight if nothing else monopolizes my time.

I hereby vote, with absolutely NO AUTHORITY, that you be given a raise in rank and a tripling of your pay for services above and beyond what would be expected from an Ensign! Of course, if this was made a conditional offer with a choice between this and the chance to see the manuscript of LaMA, I think I could guess the choice!
-----

What say you, my peers?
Post by MarcW   » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:36 am

MarcW
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Excellent way to get a quick overview of all the LAMA spoilers released so far.

But I was wondering, if we could expand this topic slightly, or create a new one.

What I'd also liked to see is an Index of extra information RFC has supplied that may not necessary be spoilers. For example, I remember topics like a detailed description of all the armies in this conflict, information about the new ironclads, a treatise on education on Safehold, and a whole lot of other background information about Safehold that never made it into any of Mr. Weber's books.
Post by Joat42   » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Joat42
Admiral

MarcW wrote:Excellent way to get a quick overview of all the LAMA spoilers released so far.

But I was wondering, if we could expand this topic slightly, or create a new one.

What I'd also liked to see is an Index of extra information RFC has supplied that may not necessary be spoilers. For example, I remember topics like a detailed description of all the armies in this conflict, information about the new ironclads, a treatise on education on Safehold, and a whole lot of other background information about Safehold that never made it into any of Mr. Weber's books.

Well... There is the infodump, but hasn't been updated since March 10, 2013.

It's a good idea but I'm afraid someone else has to put that index together since I don't have the time.

---

Return to Snippets