Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Shadow of Freedom

This is the place where we will be posting snippets of soon-to-be published works!
Re: Shadow of Freedom
Post by Panther Al   » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:33 pm

Panther Al
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

BrightSoul wrote:
ncwolf wrote:
BrightSoul wrote:I hopped into Toni's forum on the Bar to check in on snippets and discovered a post where Toni claims that they're looking at the eARC sometime Mid October or earlier if possible. So excited, when the first thread begging for SoF eARC showed up I jokingly posted that my birthday was Oct 21st, hint, hint...

Now it looks like I may be reading it on my birthday and potentially working on my second read through. ;)

Early Happy Birthday! The E-ARC is up.

Yup, and I didn't bother waiting so I'm a little punchy at work today... read until the iPhone slipped out of my fingers last night, more correctly sometime this morning. ;)

Not the only one: I am still dragging from the late night.
Re: Shadow of Freedom
Post by ncwolf   » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:04 pm

ncwolf
Commander

Panther Al wrote:
BrightSoul wrote:
Yup, and I didn't bother waiting so I'm a little punchy at work today... read until the iPhone slipped out of my fingers last night, more correctly sometime this morning. ;)

Not the only one: I am still dragging from the late night.

The sample chapters were enough to do me in, so ditto.
Re: Shadow of Freedom {spoilerish?}
Post by ncwolf   » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:40 pm

ncwolf
Commander

Y'all correct me if I'm wrong, but Chapter Five of Shadow seems to be under an incorrect date heading (April 1922 PD). The conversation itself indicates that the discussion takes place not too long after the Yawata Attack. Even more so, it's the same conversation (or a part of the same conversation) as Chapter Thirty-Six of Mission of Honor, which is dated March 1922 PD. Is this not correct?
Re: Shadow of Freedom {spoilerish?}
Post by Thirdbase   » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:36 am

Thirdbase
Admiral

ncwolf wrote:Y'all correct me if I'm wrong, but Chapter Five of Shadow seems to be under an incorrect date heading (April 1922 PD). The conversation itself indicates that the discussion takes place not too long after the Yawata Attack. Even more so, it's the same conversation (or a part of the same conversation) as Chapter Thirty-Six of Mission of Honor, which is dated March 1922 PD. Is this not correct?

Considering that Ch 38 is dated April 1922 PD, it would be a problem. I have a bigger problem with the just cut and paste of pages of text. As is the entirety of Ch 6 of SoF, which is Ch 4 of ART.
------------
runsforcelery wrote:
Thirdbase wrote:I think that was the next novel.

Allow me to demonstrate my concision, brevity, and economy of phrase:

"Smart alec!" ;p

Return to Snippets