Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Shadow of Freedom

This is the place where we will be posting snippets of soon-to-be published works!
Re: Shadow of Freedom
Post by samanda   » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:26 am

samanda
Ensign

Thirdbase wrote:
samanda wrote:Little do you realize that the secret Mesan weapon in SoF is a time-travel machine. After a long and convoluted plot, the entire conflict is rebooted, and this is the alternate timeline.

With Honor Horton as the main protagonist (descendant of Evelyn and Adam Horton).

Mua-ha-ha!

Did they hear a who?

Huh?
Post by FriarBob   » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:53 am

FriarBob
Rear Admiral

samanda wrote:
Thirdbase wrote:
samanda wrote:Little do you realize that the secret Mesan weapon in SoF is a time-travel machine. After a long and convoluted plot, the entire conflict is rebooted, and this is the alternate timeline.

With Honor Horton as the main protagonist (descendant of Evelyn and Adam Horton).

Mua-ha-ha!

Did they hear a who?

Huh?

This is a reference to Armageddon Troll.
Post by Thirdbase   » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:30 am

Thirdbase
Admiral

samanda wrote:
Thirdbase wrote:

Mua-ha-ha!

Did they hear a who?

Huh?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horton_Hears_a_Who!

Our poor educational system!
------------
runsforcelery wrote:
Thirdbase wrote:I think that was the next novel.

Allow me to demonstrate my concision, brevity, and economy of phrase:

"Smart alec!" ;p
Post by samanda   » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:03 pm

samanda
Ensign

Thirdbase wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horton_Hears_a_Who!

Our poor educational system!

Now it all makes sense! Thanks for the Dr. Seuss pointer.
Post by dreamrider   » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:41 am

dreamrider
Rear Admiral

rdt wrote:Toni came forth with a snippet (very, very meager) on her Forum on the Bar. Actually the entire thread had three different meagers in it. As a matter of fact, I would not even bother to look at them but for the dates (the first meager has March 1922 Post Diaspora as the date of the quoted meager. And since that is also the date of Chapter 1 of ART (“Get your goddamned ships the hell out of my space!”), I deduce concurrency.

What "deduce"? Duckk and Drak and <ahem> David have been telling us since before ART hit print that the two books are concurrent.

dreamrider
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:39 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

Why deduce, Dreamrider?
Because we Scientists are taught to
believe the Evidence that we discover ourselves,
instead of relying on statements from Authority
(and that means Any Authority)!

Howard Naughty Moose

dreamrider wrote:below

rdt wrote:[snip] I deduce concurrency.

Dreamrider replied:
What "deduce"? Duckk and Drak and <ahem> David
have been telling us since before ART hit print
that the two books are concurrent.

dreamrider
Post by rdt   » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:12 am

rdt
Commodore

dreamrider wrote:
rdt wrote:Toni came forth with a snippet (very, very meager) on her Forum on the Bar. Actually the entire thread had three different meagers in it. As a matter of fact, I would not even bother to look at them but for the dates (the first meager has March 1922 Post Diaspora as the date of the quoted meager. And since that is also the date of Chapter 1 of ART (“Get your goddamned ships the hell out of my space!”), I deduce concurrency.

What "deduce"? Duckk and Drak and <ahem> David have been telling us since before ART hit print that the two books are concurrent.

dreamrider

And where did the Drak and the Duckk get this information? It is not credited to any authoritative source. And rfc is NOT an authoritative source. He is a sneaky source, so beware.
Post by BrightSoul   » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:04 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

I hopped into Toni's forum on the Bar to check in on snippets and discovered a post where Toni claims that they're looking at the eARC sometime Mid October or earlier if possible. So excited, when the first thread begging for SoF eARC showed up I jokingly posted that my birthday was Oct 21st, hint, hint...

Now it looks like I may be reading it on my birthday and potentially working on my second read through. ;)
Post by ncwolf   » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:13 am

ncwolf
Commander

BrightSoul wrote:I hopped into Toni's forum on the Bar to check in on snippets and discovered a post where Toni claims that they're looking at the eARC sometime Mid October or earlier if possible. So excited, when the first thread begging for SoF eARC showed up I jokingly posted that my birthday was Oct 21st, hint, hint...

Now it looks like I may be reading it on my birthday and potentially working on my second read through. ;)

Early Happy Birthday! The E-ARC is up.
Post by BrightSoul   » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:17 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

ncwolf wrote:
BrightSoul wrote:I hopped into Toni's forum on the Bar to check in on snippets and discovered a post where Toni claims that they're looking at the eARC sometime Mid October or earlier if possible. So excited, when the first thread begging for SoF eARC showed up I jokingly posted that my birthday was Oct 21st, hint, hint...

Early Happy Birthday! The E-ARC is up.

Yup, and I didn't bother waiting so I'm a little punchy at work today... read until the iPhone slipped out of my fingers last night, more correctly sometime this morning. ;)

Return to Snippets