Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Hey David

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
Hey David
Post by Halcyon   » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:34 pm

Halcyon
Ensign

I met you when I was all of 13 years old, and you signed one my honor Harrington books (Which I believe was Honor Amongst Enemies).

I didn't notice that you misspelled my name until later because I was so ecstatic that I had an autographed copy.

Do you have a convention schedule up somewhere? I'd love to have you autograph all of my hardback copies of your books. I'll pay for the beer :D.

Also, ever since then I have made attempts at writing my own book series but with minimal success. My multiverse has expanded to a point where it is highly detailed, including a fairly detailed 30,000 year timeline, but it seems that my characters simply don't have the personality that yours do.

Do you have a process for building character personality?

Thanks in advance if you even see this before it drifts to the nethers of the nets.
Re: Hey David
Post by Duckk   » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:01 am

Duckk
Site Admin

http://davidweber.net/events

Unless it's a small event where David has lots of time, please don't bring him all your books. He has some horror stories where a single person would bring in a cart of books.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by Halcyon   » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Halcyon
Ensign

I'd just have the HH books signed. :p I'm not a member of the Liberal Party.
Post by Solly   » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Solly
Commander

Duckk wrote:http://davidweber.net/events

Unless it's a small event where David has lots of time, please don't bring him all your books. He has some horror stories where a single person would bring in a cart of books.

Really? Jesus! If I were to meet the man here is what I'd do, Ask him three honorverse questions (I don't know what I'd ask) and have him sign my copy of Honor Harrington: Mission of Honor and then let him sign or talk to other fans.
Post by kbus888   » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:45 pm

kbus888
Vice Admiral

Hi Mr Weber.

I posted this on "Honorverse" but thought you might be more likely to see it here.

<Quote>
Hi BrightSoul

I also have addicted one of my (retired) friends, I think.

I first lent him the first of the Safehold series.

He eventually returned my "Off Armageddon Reef" with the comment that he did not find it THAT interesting :-(

About two weeks later, he stopped by my place and asked if he could borrow the next book of the series !!

A short time later, he asked me for the third book as he returned book #2 to me.

When he returned the third book, I had to tell him that I only had book #4 in electronic form.

He borrowed book #4 from the library !!!

So much for not liking <DW>'s writing style.

He is now reading "On Basilisk Station" !!

Mr Weber has yet another fan !!!

Just say'n

R

<EndQuote>
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

Love is a condition in which
the happiness of another
is essential to your own. - R Heinlein

Return to David's Dimension