Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Belated Happy 66th Birthday

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
Belated Happy 66th Birthday
Post by USMA74   » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:54 am

USMA74
Commander

Sorry I missed the day that you qualified for full social security in the United States at the age of 66. (24 October 2018) Of course that becomes effective only once you retire which I selfishly hope is many years in the future. That is because I really enjoy and savor your stories regardless of which universe they take place in.

I want Runs for Celery to take care of himself so that in future years you can enjoy life to the fullest regardless of the desires of your legions of fans.

Again, best belated wishes to the Mad Wizard Weber and his family.
Re: Belated Happy 66th Birthday
Post by phillies   » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:56 am

phillies
Admiral

USMA74 wrote:Sorry I missed the day that you qualified for full social security in the United States at the age of 66. (24 October 2018) Of course that becomes effective only once you retire which I selfishly hope is many years in the future. That is because I really enjoy and savor your stories regardless of which universe they take place in.

I want Runs for Celery to take care of himself so that in future years you can enjoy life to the fullest regardless of the desires of your legions of fans.

Again, best belated wishes to the Mad Wizard Weber and his family.

Indeed, happy birthday. As a minor corrective, lest someone else read this, choosing to take social security (within the limiting ages) is not related to whether or not you have retired. I have friends who are working in their mid-70s and turned on tehir Social Security payments when they hit the minimum age (iirc 62) and other friends who retired much earlier but turned on social security when they hit the upper limit (the month after you turn the upper age).

Return to David's Dimension