Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Usage

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
Usage
Post by WmLambert   » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:02 pm

WmLambert
Midshipman

I may be new to this forum - but am an old reader. Perhaps you would appreciate the uses to which many readers, and I, put your works.

Avaricious readers like to read things that fit into their daily lives, either as escape or reinforcement of their natures. I confess to rereading your series at least once a year. The more often, the more it is possible to pick up on the many inside jokes and allusions you sprinkle through them. (Guillermo Rodham, for instance.) I've always wondered at any backlash you may have received - after all, the politics of personal destruction, and all.

One of my friends, over at AI-Jane.org, John L, often grouses about the labyrinth of characters and details of your latest novels (Safehold?). I laugh at that because, what better way is there to check my brainpower is still functioning? The USA crosswords is used for the same reason: a harmless way to make sure I can do them within a decent time frame.

We all recognize you've got a lot more going on than just the storyline, itself, when you write - and picking up on them is stimulating in its own right.

In other words, you are one of my greatest checks against Alzheimer's, and for ongoing mental health.

Keep up the work on your end so we can live better lives!

Return to David's Dimension