Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

The Sword of the South

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
The Sword of the South
Post by ChrisH   » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:06 am

ChrisH
Midshipman

Amazon has this for pre-order in hardcover only, with a button to ask Baen to release it as an e-book. Is Amazon wrong, or is Baen (the whole company!) nuts, or what? Have I missed something? (Please don't tell me the easy answer, I'm serious.)
Re: The Sword of the South
Post by Randomiser   » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:37 pm

Randomiser
Rear Admiral

ChrisH wrote:Amazon has this for pre-order in hardcover only, with a button to ask Baen to release it as an e-book. Is Amazon wrong, or is Baen (the whole company!) nuts, or what? Have I missed something? (Please don't tell me the easy answer, I'm serious.)

I see no button. Which country's Amazon are you speaking about?

Buy your ebook from Baen, feed the publisher and author, not the bear. $9.99, as usual, published August 4, or July 16 if you buy the monthly bundle for $18.
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:50 pm

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

Randomiser wrote:I see no button. Which country's Amazon are you speaking about?

Buy your ebook from Baen, feed the publisher and author, not the bear. $9.99, as usual, published August 4, or July 16 if you buy the monthly bundle for $18.

Very minor nit you can by the single e-book on July 16th as well not August 4th for $9.99. I just looked it up to verify.

Have fun,
T2M
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"
Post by ChrisH   » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:36 pm

ChrisH
Midshipman

thinkstoomuch wrote:
Randomiser wrote:I see no button. Which country's Amazon are you speaking about?

Very minor nit you can by the single e-book on July 16th as well not August 4th for $9.99. I just looked it up to verify.

Have fun,
T2M

Okay. Amazon, U.S.A., on the far right, "tell publisher you want e-book". I'll go look at Baen again, I only saw hardcover there, too. What "monthly bundle"? I'll look around some more, I seem to be missing a lot! Thanks.
Post by ChrisH   » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:32 am

ChrisH
Midshipman

Buy your ebook from Baen, feed the publisher and author, not the bear. $9.99, as usual, published August 4, or July 16 if you buy the monthly bundle for $18.[/quote]

Have fun,
T2M

Okay. Amazon, U.S.A., on the far right, "tell publisher you want e-book". I'll go look at Baen again, I only saw hardcover there, too. What "monthly bundle"? I'll look around some more, I seem to be missing a lot! Thanks.

I know this is getting ridiculous, but I really want to pre-order this book, and I don't want to read it in clumps. I prefer to devour books whole, in one sitting. Anyway, this is what I saw on Amazon again, just now, 4-7-15, 11:20 a.m. EDST:

Product Details
Series: BAEN (Book 1)

Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: Baen (August 4, 2015)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1476780846
ISBN-13: 978-1476780849
Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #16,204 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

Would you like to give feedback on images or tell us about a lower price?

Tell the Publisher!
I'd like to read this book on Kindle

http://www.amazon.com/Sword-South-BAEN- ... +the+south

I will order from Baen direct when the book gets here (on Kindle), but in the meantime I'm still wondering what's up.
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:09 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

Maybe that Amazon "tell publisher" button
is their standard form?
Maybe they include it without looking at what the
publisher is doing?

HTM

ChrisH wrote:

Return to David's Dimension