Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Book request

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
Book request
Post by EvilHamster   » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:45 pm

EvilHamster
Midshipman

Hello,

I hope this is the correct place to post this-

It's been many years since any new Bolo books have been written, and I'm hoping you can write a new one! It's my second favorite science fiction "series".

Thanks
Re: Book request
Post by Trevin   » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:19 pm

Trevin
Ensign

While I understand your desire I, myself, rather like where the two novels Mr. Weber wrote in the Boloverse ended. I find them both very satisfying.

EvilHamster wrote:Hello,

I hope this is the correct place to post this-

It's been many years since any new Bolo books have been written, and I'm hoping you can write a new one! It's my second favorite science fiction "series".

Thanks
Re: Book request
Post by DDHvi   » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:15 pm

DDHvi
Captain (Junior Grade)

Not about Bolos.

If DW ever manages to clone himself, it would be interesting to have a book about "near history after catastrophe" survival.

Dean Ing did one, don't remember the name, which included in the story and as references basic survival methods in case of nuclear war.

"Solar Flare" by Larry Burkett is fiction about survival after a "Carrington event" knocks out the electrical grid. I only sampled this one so don't know if any of it would be useful. There are supposed to be eleven things which could kill the US electrical grid for weeks to years, I only know about five of them.

Way back there was one where a virus killed all grasses. Don't remember the name or author, but have you ever noticed how much of our diets are grains?

What would DW pick, and would he include in the story useful methods, like Ing did?

Our urban civilization is far too vulnerable to too many things. Science fiction is about possible futures that are reasonable given the assumptions. It wouldn't hurt to have a few more with possibly useful suggestions in them. Many civilizations have collapsed, ranging from the Easter Islanders (worst curse in the language: "Your mother's meat sticks in my teeth." Must have been very bad.) thru the Anasazi, the Mayans, the Roman empire, etc. It is not likely that we are immune.
Douglas Hvistendahl
Retired technical nerd
ddhviste@drtel.net

Dumb mistakes are very irritating.
Smart mistakes go on forever
Unless you test your assumptions!

Return to David's Dimension