Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

From the frozen wastes of Atlanta

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
From the frozen wastes of Atlanta
Post by runsforcelery   » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:13 pm

runsforcelery
First Space Lord

First, all of you people picking on Atlanta because of the snow should stop. There are I believe 19 separate local city governments in the metro Atlanta area, and in Atlanta itself, the roads were clear and traffic was moving throughout the worst of the snowfall. The problems were on the interstate, which are the state's responsibility. So there! Nyah-Nyah! :P

Now, the real reason for this post. Sharon has just come out of surgery about two hours ago, the surgeon says that the operation went almost exactly according to plan (for a change), and she seems to be doing fine. So I just thought I'd let you know about that before I went back to rescue her again from the Jell-O she's eating. Hand eye coordination is not real, real good after two hours under anesthesia. Or that's your excuse, anyway.

Thank you for everyone who has commented on your hopes for her having a good result. It looks like we did.

"Oh, bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet came back from the dead.
Re: From the frozen wastes of Atlanta
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:24 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

runsforcelery wrote:First, all of you people picking on Atlanta because of the snow should stop. There are I believe 19 separate local city governments in the metro Atlanta area, and in Atlanta itself, the roads were clear and traffic was moving throughout the worst of the snowfall. The problems were on the interstate, which are the state's responsibility. So there! Nyah-Nyah! :P

Now, the real reason for this post. Sharon has just come out of surgery about two hours ago, the surgeon says that the operation went almost exactly according to plan (for a change), and she seems to be doing fine. So I just thought I'd let you know about that before I went back to rescue her again from the Jell-O she's eating. Hand eye coordination is not real, real good after two hours under anesthesia. Or that's your excuse, anyway.

Thank you for everyone who has commented on your hopes for her having a good result. It looks like we did.

That's wonderful news! I pray she continues wiith a speedy recovery.
Post by Only   » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:31 pm

Only
Ensign

Same as PeterZ, excellent news!
Post by ksandgren   » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:36 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

Great News! Thanks for the update. I wish and pray for a full recovery.
Post by ncwolf   » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:21 pm

ncwolf
Commander

Yeah!
Post by Lunan   » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:33 pm

Lunan
Captain of the List

Best wishes to you and her. a quick and speedy recovery.

second. i will never blast the south for not knowing how to deal with snow. in ny it better be like 3 feet for us to have issues(and my subaru will go thru that even), but in the south where they might not even see an inch in a year. yeah not gonna complain

also even with all the issues, i have heard of very few injuries
Post by DrakBibliophile   » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:24 pm

DrakBibliophile
Admiral

Great News!!!! :D :D
Paul Howard (Alias Drak Bibliophile)
Sometimes The Dragon Wins! [Polite Dragon Smile]
Post by Ensign Re-read   » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:10 am

Ensign Re-read
Commodore

in opposite order, or perhaps, in order of priority...

runsforcelery wrote:Now, the real reason for this post. Sharon has just come out of surgery about two hours ago, the surgeon says that the operation went almost exactly according to plan (for a change), and she seems to be doing fine. So I just thought I'd let you know about that before I went back to rescue her again from the Jell-O she's eating. Hand eye coordination is not real, real good after two hours under anesthesia. Or that's your excuse, anyway.

Good for her, and you and your entire family for that matter.
Best wishes for the recovery.

runsforcelery wrote:First, all of you people picking on Atlanta because of the snow should stop. There are I believe 19 separate local city governments in the metro Atlanta area, and in Atlanta itself, the roads were clear and traffic was moving throughout the worst of the snowfall. The problems were on the interstate, which are the state's responsibility. So there! Nyah-Nyah! :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As an almost life-long resident of the land of 10,000 lakes, I chuckled, and couldn't help but feet a sense of (false) superiority when I heard about Atlanta and/or Georgia's snow problems.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HEhehehehehehe (Scooby snicker)
Dey don't know snow.

Here's how the PROs remove snow at MSP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXKwusi5dRk

And what the Vikings will have to deal with at "The Bank" for the next two years:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgiUi7ufXsg

Of course, one really shouldn't "crow" so much. After all, MN-DOT should also take part of the blame for this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyJxDfEgEjU

=====
The Celestia "addon" for the Planet Safehold as well as the Kau-zhi and Manticore A-B star systems, are at URL:
http://www.lepp.cornell.edu/~seb/celestia/weber/.
=====
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68506297@N ... 740128635/
=====
Post by Spacekiwi   » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:08 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

Great news, and a speedy recovery for sharon.
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by BobG   » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:24 am

BobG
Captain (Junior Grade)

runsforcelery wrote:Now, the real reason for this post. Sharon has just come out of surgery about two hours ago, the surgeon says that the operation went almost exactly according to plan (for a change), and she seems to be doing fine. So I just thought I'd let you know about that before I went back to rescue her again from the Jell-O she's eating. Hand eye coordination is not real, real good after two hours under anesthesia. Or that's your excuse, anyway.

Excellent news!
SF & Fantasy: The only things better than Chocolate.

Return to David's Dimension