Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

A Fan by Chance

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
A Fan by Chance
Post by DaveMann812   » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:48 am

DaveMann812
Midshipman

Hi MR. Weber,

With your your writing it is clear you receieve oodles of good fan mail. Well here is another notch for your belt! I am a new fan by chance. Having an idea for a science fiction/military/action adventure story, I began writing it as a spec script (screenplay). As I have been doing well with rewrites and reaching quarterfinals in big competitions, gave thought to possibly turning my story into a novel but did not know how to write one.

A friend of mine turned me on to your books as the genre was the same to try and see an excellent example of sci-fi military writing. And my friend was very right indeed. What I did learn is that I would be much better at spec scripts than novels and that I really REALLY enjoy reading your honorverse novels.

So with that said, I would like to wish you the best in your endeavors. You have a brilliant mind. And I am pleased to have been made a fan of yours, by chance.
Re: A Fan by Chance
Post by Northstar   » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:42 pm

Northstar
Rear Admiral

DaveMann812 wrote:Hi MR. Weber,

With your your writing it is clear you receieve oodles of good fan mail. Well here is another notch for your belt! I am a new fan by chance. Having an idea for a science fiction/military/action adventure story, I began writing it as a spec script (screenplay). As I have been doing well with rewrites and reaching quarterfinals in big competitions, gave thought to possibly turning my story into a novel but did not know how to write one.

A friend of mine turned me on to your books as the genre was the same to try and see an excellent example of sci-fi military writing. And my friend was very right indeed. What I did learn is that I would be much better at spec scripts than novels and that I really REALLY enjoy reading your honorverse novels.

So with that said, I would like to wish you the best in your endeavors. You have a brilliant mind. And I am pleased to have been made a fan of yours, by chance.

Welcome to the forum :-)
Post by Lunan   » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:36 am

Lunan
Captain of the List

and welcome to addiction

Northstar wrote:
DaveMann812 wrote:Hi MR. Weber,

Welcome to the forum :-)
Post by N.A.A1n1   » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:16 am

N.A.A1n1
Midshipman

Location: Texas...currently. Opsec means I probably shouldn't say where.

Lunan wrote:and welcome to addiction

Amen to that.
A year ago I'd read nothing of Mr. Weber's, and now... well, I've lost quite a chunk of my reading budget...

*sigh*

But I regret nothing!
Post by Spacekiwi   » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Spacekiwi
Admiral

N.A.A1n1 wrote:
Lunan wrote:and welcome to addiction

Amen to that.
A year ago I'd read nothing of Mr. Weber's, and now... well, I've lost quite a chunk of my reading budget...

*sigh*

But I regret nothing!

Welcome to the forums N.A.A1n1. and welcome to weberholics anonymous, and a lack of book money as well.... :)
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to David's Dimension