Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forum Rules & Information

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
Re: Forum Rules & Information
Post by Rod   » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Rod
Lieutenant Commander

I have a request that is if it can be done that is,
The first thing I do is go to View new posts
It's now at 24 pages and even if I go to each post it. And try to clear them, they will still show up when going to View new posts. Is there any way to clear them?

Oh, And how about a "Next" (As in Next page) On Pages?
Post by SWM   » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:37 pm

SWM
Fleet Admiral

Rod wrote:I have a request that is if it can be done that is,
The first thing I do is go to View new posts
It's now at 24 pages and even if I go to each post it. And try to clear them, they will still show up when going to View new posts. Is there any way to clear them?

Oh, And how about a "Next" (As in Next page) On Pages?

At the top of the right-hand column on the forum page is a heading Forum Actions. One of the actions is Mark Topics Read. Click that, and it will mark all topics as read.
--------------------------------------------
Librarian: The Original Search Engine
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:45 am

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

Actually I think it is session based. Log out of the forum then log back in. That resets the marker so that it only counts new from the last time you logged out. I think. :-)

Hope it helps,
T2M
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"
Post by Rod   » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:58 pm

Rod
Lieutenant Commander

thinkstoomuch wrote:Actually I think it is session based. Log out of the forum then log back in. That resets the marker so that it only counts new from the last time you logged out. I think. :-)

Hope it helps,
T2M

The log off/on worked!

Thanks
Post by Kallisti   » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:15 pm

Kallisti
Ensign

Duckk/Gena: Would it be possible to activate Tapatalk on this forum?

http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php
Post by rocket_scientist   » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:52 pm

rocket_scientist
Commander

I am relatively new to the forums, and may have missed the obvious or previously stated. Is there a reason why search is only available within a single forum, and that it is only a keyword search, no author or title only or date range options (in effect, only simple search, no advanced search)? Is there a reason that the count of new private messages (and also hidden access to private messages button) and personal control panel is only available in the list of forums page? If you are spending a lot of time in one particular forum, you may not notice a pm for quite some time.

And as long as I am begging for tidbits, how about adding a quote button on the top editor so that more focused quoting of replies can be easier, instead of just repeating the whole text of the prior message?

Mike
Post by Duckk   » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:48 am

Duckk
Site Admin

I will forward this to Gena, so she can ask the guys who built the site about it.
-------------------------
Shields at 50%, taunting at 100%! - Tom Pope
Post by tlb   » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:59 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

I know that a post can be edited after submission, because sometimes errors are only made obvious by pushing the submit button - it seemd to work like a highlighter.
Can a topic title also be fixed? I am thinking specifically of "Post Oyster Bay Fleet Strength" with that last word mis-spelled because the "H" key was pressed instead of the "N" key.
Post by JimHacker   » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:14 am

JimHacker
Captain (Junior Grade)

tlb wrote:I know that a post can be edited after submission, because sometimes errors are only made obvious by pushing the submit button - it seemd to work like a highlighter.
Can a topic title also be fixed? I am thinking specifically of "Post Oyster Bay Fleet Strength" with that last word mis-spelled because the "H" key was pressed instead of the "N" key.

It is standard on forums for thread titles to be non-editable except by mods/admins. It can be annoyng, but it can be mmore annoying when people change the name of a successful thread you were following to something unrelated and can't find it anymore.
-------------------------------
Happiness is not having what you want
Nor is happiness wanting what you have
Happiness is believing that tomorrow you shall have
what you want today

..//^ ^\\
(/(_•_)\)
.._/''*''\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)
Post by tlb   » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:29 pm

tlb
Fleet Admiral

JimHacker wrote:
tlb wrote:I know that a post can be edited after submission, because sometimes errors are only made obvious by pushing the submit button - it seemd to work like a highlighter.

It is standard on forums for thread titles to be non-editable except by mods/admins. It can be annoyng, but it can be mmore annoying when people change the name of a successful thread you were following to something unrelated and can't find it anymore.

Would the mods/admins please fix that spelling?

Return to David's Dimension