Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Astronomicon 2002

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
Astronomicon 2002
Post by Armitage72   » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Armitage72
Midshipman

In November 2002, I attended Astronomicon, a science fiction and fantasy convention in Rochester, New York.
David Weber was the guest of honor. I met him and talked with him for a while, and it was an enjoyable experience.

During the convention, there was an auction in which one of the items up for bid was appearing as a character in "the next" Honorverse book.

The auction was quite dramatic, with David joking afterward that he was going to base a meeting of the Manticore Parliament on it in a future book.
The best part was that I won the auction, although the woman I beat with my final bid then won the auction for the right to decide my fate in the book, so I fully expected to die horribly.

Unfortunately, unless I have selective blindness that prevented me from noticing my name, it's now been almost nine years and I'm still waiting. This makes me sad. :(

I used to have David's e-mail address, from when he contacted me shortly after the convention, but I've long since lost it. I've just now discovered these forums, so I figured that I would drop a not-so-subtle reminder. :)

Michael Sears

Return to David's Dimension