Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Tor, Safehold, and availability outside Noth America (again)

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
Re: Tor, Safehold, and availability outside Noth America (ag
Post by kbus888   » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:23 pm

kbus888
Vice Admiral

Thanks!

That is news to me.

R

tmon wrote:Unfortunately when Mr Weber started the Safehold series he was in need of a large advance and Tor outbid their competitors. Baen is restricted to the amount of advance they can give due to their agreement with Simon & Schuster(they print Baen's books) who didn't want Baen to outbid them on books like the Star Wars novels.
Also at the start of the contract ebooks was still an unknown territory.

kbus888 wrote:I just hope <DW> is getting a REALLY REALLY GOOD DEAL by using Tor as a publisher.

Baen is so much better from a book buyer's point of view !!!

Dear Mr Weber:

I realize you may be locked in to using Tor and so may not be able to do anything for us.

I will still buy your books.

I hope for your sake you do not lose too many of your fans over this.

R
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

Love is a condition in which
the happiness of another
is essential to your own. - R Heinlein
Post by kbus888   » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:00 pm

kbus888
Vice Admiral

?? Have you tried Barnes and Nobel for Safehold in ebook form ??

EDIT: #1 2012/04/18 - Spelling

R
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

the happiness of another
Post by octavian30   » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:20 pm

octavian30
Ensign

I collect collect only ebooks now for similar reasons as mentioned above. I am also in the publishing industry I have always been more than willing to pay the same price as the hardcover for a new release ebook.
It is stupid that this book is unavailable to anyone outside of the US. I would have paid $27 or $17 as it is now at Amazon - but I am not allowed to.
You have lost that money forever Mr Weber as I used alternative means to get hold of a copy. The first time I have ever done that with a book - All my other ebook either being legal free or fully paid for.
Get yourself a publisher who lives in the 21st Century PLEASE
Post by Spacekiwi   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:11 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

octavian30 wrote:I collect collect only ebooks now for similar reasons as mentioned above. I am also in the publishing industry I have always been more than willing to pay the same price as the hardcover for a new release ebook.
It is stupid that this book is unavailable to anyone outside of the US. I would have paid $27 or $17 as it is now at Amazon - but I am not allowed to.
You have lost that money forever Mr Weber as I used alternative means to get hold of a copy. The first time I have ever done that with a book - All my other ebook either being legal free or fully paid for.

Welcome to the forums octavian. hope the waters aren't too deep and murky for you. You'll have a great time here, as long as you dont mention TWSTMNBN anywhere near RunsForCelery, aka David Weber on this site. He really doesn't like how out of hand some of the long ago disscussions on its use got, even after the nerfing......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Its not paranoia if its justified....
`

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
its not paranoia if its justified... :D
Post by kbus888   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:09 pm

kbus888
Vice Admiral

Hi Spacewiki

Enlighten me please.

?? What does TWSTMNBN mean ??

Please be patient with an "Old Fart" for not being up to date on the latest alphabet soup [G]

R

Spacekiwi wrote:
octavian30 wrote:I collect collect only ebooks now for similar reasons as mentioned above. I am also in the publishing industry I have always been more than willing to pay the same price as the hardcover for a new release ebook.

Welcome to the forums octavian. hope the waters aren't too deep and murky for you. You'll have a great time here, as long as you dont mention TWSTMNBN anywhere near RunsForCelery, aka David Weber on this site. He really doesn't like how out of hand some of the long ago disscussions on its use got, even after the nerfing......

Its not paranoia if its justified....
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

the happiness of another
Re: Tor, Safehold, and availability outside North America (a
Post by John Prigent   » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:05 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

That's "The Weapon System That Must Not Be Named". Because so many people took one of RFC's weapon ideas and tried to find uses for it after he had said it would never reappear.

Cheers

John

kbus888 wrote:Hi Spacewiki

Enlighten me please.

Please be patient with an "Old Fart" for not being up to date on the latest alphabet soup [G]

[/quote]
Post by Spacekiwi   » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:44 am

Spacekiwi
Admiral

John Prigent wrote:That's "The Weapon System That Must Not Be Named". Because so many people took one of RFC's weapon ideas and tried to find uses for it after he had said it would never reappear.

Cheers

John

kbus888 wrote:Hi Spacewiki

Enlighten me please.

[/quote]

come to think of it, aren't we still thinking of ideas for it to be practical in shadow of freedom? because i can definitely see some uses of it, noth for the military, and for civilians........ =D

For starters, it works better than caffeine in energizing a particular author i could name, and it works faster, and for longer.... =D

Its not paranoia if its justified...
`

its not paranoia if its justified... :D
Post by FriarBob   » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:17 pm

FriarBob
Rear Admiral

Spacekiwi wrote:For starters, it works better than caffeine in energizing a particular author i could name, and it works faster, and for longer.... =D

Enraging != energizing

Return to David's Dimension