Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

ereaders

In the breaks in his writing schedule, David has promised to stop by and chat for a while!
ereaders
Post by c.dearing   » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:16 am

c.dearing
Midshipman

I have recently purchased a Nook Book. I did so because the number of books I purchase leads to my having cases of books and I would like to keep them. However; ever so often I have to moe them out in order to have room for more. I would like to keep my books and reread them. I have a number of your books, which I will not list. I thought that getting an ereader would alleviate my storage problem. Unfortunately your books do not appear to be available in this media. Will this be changing soon, or will I have to get rid of older books to make room for new ones? I am an avid fan of the Honor Series and the Safehold Series.
Re: ereaders
Post by Donnachaidh   » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:16 am

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

You can find all of the Baen books on the CDs in the back of the books. You can also find them http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/

c.dearing wrote:I have recently purchased a Nook Book. I did so because the number of books I purchase leads to my having cases of books and I would like to keep them. However; ever so often I have to moe them out in order to have room for more. I would like to keep my books and reread them. I have a number of your books, which I will not list. I thought that getting an ereader would alleviate my storage problem. Unfortunately your books do not appear to be available in this media. Will this be changing soon, or will I have to get rid of older books to make room for new ones? I am an avid fan of the Honor Series and the Safehold Series.
Post by Thirdbase   » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Thirdbase
Admiral

c.dearing wrote:I have recently purchased a Nook Book. I did so because the number of books I purchase leads to my having cases of books and I would like to keep them. However; ever so often I have to moe them out in order to have room for more. I would like to keep my books and reread them. I have a number of your books, which I will not list. I thought that getting an ereader would alleviate my storage problem. Unfortunately your books do not appear to be available in this media. Will this be changing soon, or will I have to get rid of older books to make room for new ones? I am an avid fan of the Honor Series and the Safehold Series.

The program Calibre http://calibre-ebook.com/ converts between ebook formats, it should be able to convert the books to a format that the Nook supports.
------------
runsforcelery wrote:
Thirdbase wrote:I think that was the next novel.

Allow me to demonstrate my concision, brevity, and economy of phrase:

"Smart alec!" ;p
Post by kbus888   » Thu May 05, 2011 9:04 pm

kbus888
Vice Admiral

I started reading Safehold in paper form.

After I got my Kindle, I re-purchased books 1, 2, and 3 in ebook form.

Book #4 (the latest one in the series) I bought in ebook form only.

Book #5 is due out in September/2011 in paper form and I am told will be available in ebook form some weeks/months later.

I intend waiting until I can purchase it in ebook form (My book shelves are in grave danger of bending in two and I also OFTEN re-read the books I do have).

I believe, if I wait long enough, all the stories that interest me will be available in electronic form.

Or, to put it another way, I am no longer planning on buying ANYTHING that is not in electronic form.

Anyway, NOT reading those stories, that are in paper form only, won't kill me :)
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

Love is a condition in which
the happiness of another
is essential to your own. - R Heinlein
Post by kbus888   » Tue May 17, 2011 11:43 pm

kbus888
Vice Admiral

I have purchased from Amazon.com all Safehold books so far {Books 1, 2, 3, and 4} and read them on my kindle and also on my kindle reader software on my PC.

Also, I bought some of the other DW books (Out of the Dark --- The Excalibur Alternative --- The Honor of the Queen --- In Fury Born) to name a few, from other ebook vendors like bean.com.

For bean in particular, I needed to specify the format I wanted to download <the file type ".mobi" is readable on my kindle>.

You might want to look at these and other possibilities.
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

the happiness of another
Post by kbus888   » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:58 pm

kbus888
Vice Admiral

Hi guys

I just learned from another forum, that the Safehold series books (all 5 of them so far as well as a posiblity of pre-ordering book @6) can be purchased in ebook form from Barnes and Nobel <BN>.

I believe this means these books can be red on a Nook.

Just say'n

R
..//* *\\
(/(..^..)\)
.._/'*'\_
.(,,,)^(,,,)

the happiness of another

Return to David's Dimension