Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Baseball

Pull up a chair and talk to Sharon about care and feeding of an author, life in the literary world, crochet, or just life in general.
Baseball
Post by Jay6722   » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:30 am

Jay6722
Commander

Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Is anyone in the Weber household a baseball fan? If so I assume he or she is happy that spring training has started.
***
He Who Lurks Above [CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Top
Re: Baseball
Post by Jay6722   » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm

Jay6722
Commander

Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Will someone answer my question please? I ask because it seems that David likes to put baseball into some of his stories.
***
He Who Lurks Above [CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Top
Re: Baseball
Post by John Prigent   » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:25 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:05 am
Location: Sussex, England

You mean the US version of the game known over here in Olde England as Rounders and played by small children? I assume that David himself is a fan since he writes about it in the books.
Cheers
John
Top
Re: Baseball
Post by Jay6722   » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:08 pm

Jay6722
Commander

Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Yes John American baseball. Don't all sports start out as being played by kids? I am hoping for an answer from someone who knows for sure.
Last edited by Jay6722 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***
He Who Lurks Above [CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Top
Re: Baseball
Post by John Prigent   » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:40 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:05 am
Location: Sussex, England

Very true Jay! Please forgive my little joke. But seriously, I expect you'll get an answer from Sharon if you wait.
Cheers
John
Jay6722 wrote:Yes John American baseball. Don't all sports start out as being played kids. I am hoping for an answer from someone who knows for sure.
Top
Re: Baseball
Post by Jay6722   » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:17 pm

Jay6722
Commander

Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Seattle, WA

I see, John are you a comedian by trade or do you do it for the fun of it?

John Prigent wrote:Very true Jay! Please forgive my little joke. But seriously, I expect you'll get an answer from Sharon if you wait.
Cheers
John
Jay6722 wrote:Yes
John American baseball. Don't all sports start out as being played
kids. I am hoping for an answer from someone who knows for sure.
***
He Who Lurks Above [CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Top
Re: Baseball
Post by John Prigent   » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:37 am

John Prigent
Captain of the List

Posts: 565
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:05 am
Location: Sussex, England

Neither! But it's a long-standing joke over here. You should hear what our rugby players say about American Football :).
Cheers
John
Jay6722 wrote:I see, John are you a comedian by trade or do you do it for the fun of it?

John Prigent wrote:Very true Jay! Please forgive my little joke. But seriously, I expect you'll get an answer from Sharon if you wait.
Cheers
John
Jay6722 wrote:Yes
John American baseball. Don't all sports start out as being played
kids. I am hoping for an answer from someone who knows for sure.
Top
Re: Baseball
Post by Jay6722   » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Jay6722
Commander

Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:01 am
Location: Seattle, WA

That's nice I will now attempt to wait for Sharon's response.
***
He Who Lurks Above [CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Top
Re: Baseball
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1391
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:47 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

While you are waiting, you may assume that DW is
an Atlanta Braves fan.

Howard True Map-addict
whose Phillies are going for their fourth consecutive
division title, third consecutive pennant,
and third World Series win ever!

Jay6722 wrote:That's nice I will now attempt to wait for Sharon's response.
Top
Two Footballs (was: Baseball)
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1391
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:47 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Do they call it "Lineball," John?

Football is a better name for the English game.
Not only does a foot touch the ball *much* more often,
but you guys named it first!

Naughty Moose

[quote="John Prigent"]
[snip] You should hear what our rugby players say about American Football :).
Cheers
John
Top

Return to Sharon's Corner